[2.6] THE NEW FAKENER | DISCHARGE | SUPER FAST STRANDS | Cospris Malice | 9k+ ES | STILL GREAT AOE

Looks interesting, considering rolling this.
Gravity is just a prejudice. A part of Earth's jurisdiction. As an apache helicopter, I find that very oppressive.
Last edited by Zorajin on Jan 3, 2017, 9:06:54 PM
Well I keep finding currency so getting good elreon rings/right enchants shouldn't be a problem. I can always sell my skyforths but I'd rather keep them.

Also for those running trickster build. You NEED the horror gloves (3.5% inc crit chance). I was massively struggling with single target but ever since I swapped those gloves in, bosses are no problem (still only doing T10s though).

Having said that, I'll switch over to assassin since that seems to be way better :)
so should i still keep a purity even if all 3 res are capped? my gear over caps the res (not enough for ele weakness tho) but 2 res will be under capped during ele weakness so not sure if i should keep a purity around
Hello! I'm addicted to this build now, as risky as it seems, but I guess the clearspeed more than makes up for any RIPs pre-90 so whatever. :)

I haven't picked up everything yet (such as glove enchants or the right Elreon rings) but I still have a couple of questions:

A) Is getting +cold damage for EE on items really necessary as Cospri's innately changes Shield Charge / Cyclone to cold damage? I got a +cold ring only to realise it could be a waste of a gem slot.

B) Will monsters not 1-shot at the fringe of the Discharge get temporary resists to lightning/fire? I understand this isn't a big issue as the primary target will always be in the middle, and the secondary targets are usually adds, but just wondering in case of rare cases like triple / 6 bosses.

C) How come Elreon rings are necessary despite Warlords Mark? May be related to D however.

D) Cycloning - do we cyclone in short bursts around the target, or try to travel a little? If I understand PCOC is per cast so short bursts (or almost instant cyclones) may generate more charges, but does travelling mean more crits?) I feel this may be the small detail that makes a huge difference in DPS and the reason why so many people are complaining about leeching in this thread. I have a hunch the rings enable short burst cyclones, but I haven't seen that in about 20 pages.

E) Would running a shock immune flask with Vessel of Vinktar effectively help a lot with tankiness? Or do you think the 20% leech more than covers it? (I've seen videos where bosses melt but the damage is extremely spiky and thought of this. We have to research on the interaction between Vinktar and Grounding Flasks - maybe if the grounding is always popped second it will negate this downside.)

F) If I have enough ES, should I sub in Maligaro's? 50% crit and 50% crit multi is really darned juicy.

I'm actually running Whispers of Doom for an additional curse as I am too used to dual-curse setups (juicy blasphemy + Enfeeble / Assassin's Mark + Warlords makes me feel immortal.) If I get lab enchant on boots I can even run TempChains/Enfeeble. Since it's only 7/8 points away from the core of the build I just had to.

P.S. You could make a fun video for your build with Null and Void - the rampage counter goes to 1000+ on Dried Lake, and it would really showcase the clearspeed and insane combo potential.

I don't think I'll be able to play any other build after this most flashy and speedy (if not yet 100% reliable) build. Thanks!
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
primaeva wrote:
Hello! I'm addicted to this build now, as risky as it seems, but I guess the clearspeed more than makes up for any RIPs pre-90 so whatever. :)

I haven't picked up everything yet (such as glove enchants or the right Elreon rings) but I still have a couple of questions:

A) Is getting +cold damage for EE on items really necessary as Cospri's innately changes Shield Charge / Cyclone to cold damage? I got a +cold ring only to realise it could be a waste of a gem slot.

You won't need cold damage on items as cospri's takes care of that

B) Will monsters not 1-shot at the fringe of the Discharge get temporary resists to lightning/fire? I understand this isn't a big issue as the primary target will always be in the middle, and the secondary targets are usually adds, but just wondering in case of rare cases like triple / 6 bosses.

I too have had this question but if there really are triple bosses, you should be cycloning and who cares if you cyclone for 3 seconds rather than 1.5 seconds

C) How come Elreon rings are necessary despite Warlords Mark? May be related to D however.

Because unless you hit something with warlord's mark, you'll be out of mana. I think elreon rings are necessary for movement, whereas +2 mana on hit is for cyclone

D) Cycloning - do we cyclone in short bursts around the target, or try to travel a little? If I understand PCOC is per cast so short bursts (or almost instant cyclones) may generate more charges, but does travelling mean more crits?) I feel this may be the small detail that makes a huge difference in DPS and the reason why so many people are complaining about leeching in this thread. I have a hunch the rings enable short burst cyclones, but I haven't seen that in about 20 pages.

My issues with leech went away once I started critting more often. If I cyclone, i generally hold the button down and go back and forth until the mob is dead. This may be different for assassins though

E) Would running a shock immune flask with Vessel of Vinktar effectively help a lot with tankiness? Or do you think the 20% leech more than covers it? (I've seen videos where bosses melt but the damage is extremely spiky and thought of this. We have to research on the interaction between Vinktar and Grounding Flasks - maybe if the grounding is always popped second it will negate this downside.)

You need a shock immune flask unless you like taking 50% more damage yourself.

F) If I have enough ES, should I sub in Maligaro's? 50% crit and 50% crit multi is really darned juicy.

For trickster you need the crit gloves but for assassin the movement speed bonus I think is just so good. Movement speed really helps the build shine (just press a silver flask and quicksilver at the same time and tell me it's not better.

It's a great build and I'm enjoying it a lot. I'm also going to reshape my atlas because maps like crypt is cancer for this build.
"
maddognils wrote:
"
"
Anbokr wrote:
I really want to make a build like this before the end of the season, but I gotta ask - how mandatory is the helm enchant to the build? Those enchants are hella pricey :/.

The helm enchant is not really a big deal if you just going to farm t11-t15 maps. The boot enchant is not either necessary. I've done all of the guardians without the enchants.

Use 40% Increased Discharge Damage helm enchant and switch out Pcoc for firestorm in your 6L and you will be fine. For me this is a better setup then the 30% Chance for Discharge not to consume charges.

Firestorm can only generate 1 power charge per cast.

Its better trust me.

8ex worth of scour/chance later, I did it. To think that I could've bought death's door + the chest piece for the same pricetag. gg RNG, you win this time.
Thanks @ClickHitBoom!

I did some prying - yes, the best way to squeeze cyclone DPS (and hence PCoC) is to cyclone on the spot rather than over a distance. That's why the rings are so important - you might think you're doing fine by cycloning over a long distance and not using much mana, but while on the spot you burn through it really quickly.
So are most of you going for the endurance charge or power charge for merc bandits?
Last edited by Anbokr on Jan 4, 2017, 4:35:49 AM
"
Anbokr wrote:
So are most of you going for the endurance charge or power charge for merc bandits?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info