Constant Game "freeze" and or lag

"

Read the stickies.

"
Before you reply to a thread or make a new thread, please read the following:

- Bumping threads -

If you're experiencing a problem, please don't bump similar threads saying you have the same problem.
Instead, provide us with the required information in a new thread and we'll be able to help you more concisely.

nice thanks

glad GGG has assigned valued posters to split hairs about forum rules at every possible instance
the first thing a customer wants to hear after they provide feedback or ask for assistance is that they asked all wrong!

my game feels so and so laggy under so and so conditions. that's all the info I can provide with my level of effort and expertise. I don't need a reassuring pat on the back or any acknowledgement at all, I just want to be able to provide my feedback, however scarcely-useful, without being hounded by backseats like you, emulating authority instead of helpfulness.
No further correspondence please, officer.
IGN: Torrenz
Nemesis Shop: view-thread/634031
I've got the same problem my game freezes up periodically for 1-10 seconds.
The problem started in the perandus league and the Issue once started always persists no matter what server I choose they all got the same ping spike followed by these freezes.
Sometimes I can even see in the login screen when I choose a server that all servers got the same ping spike and they all have the same high ping number until I refresh.

When I play at 2 am the game runs completely fine but after noon and until late in the evening the game becomes completely unplayable.
I also played with some other people and if I ask them if they get the same freezes they say no or not as bad as me.

In this state the game can't be played at all since 10 second freezes are enough to kill my char because I can't react.
EVERY other game I play works fine besides soooo many people have this problem so it definitely isn't on my end.
GGG is losing players in droves because of this but I guess players aren't that valued here.
When I go to twitch I don't see streamers that have this problem so I guess they have an exalted status and are used as publicity machines,
but when I see that they have perfectly smooth gameplay while I am sitting here with up to 10 Second freezes that just makes me want to uninstall even more and tell everyone I know to avoid this game.
~Game is uninstalled until I read the big announcement that this is fixed.

And to everyone still enduring this:
Speak with your wallet then maybe this problem will at least be acknowledged.

Cheers and have a nice day
Ok guys here's the solution.

Never play at peak times for servers. Only play from 2am to about 6am server time. Otherwise the server gets clogged up and then you experience crashes, lags, unplayable game.

Never play hardcore which is a cruel joke. At best you'll nurse your character along for 45 or so levels then a lag will kill you pure and simple. The screen will freeze, sound continues in the background, your health bar disappears and when you are finally able to reestablish your connection with poe (cause you WILL crash) your character is dead. Give up Hardcore, no use giving yourself misery. Personally I'd like to play it but it just isn't possible.

Currently I'm building a character that's not "flashy". Flashy characters always lag and get insta-killed.

Turn your machine way down. Turn off shadows, turn off sound,turn down texture until you can barely see things.

Any other suggestions guys. My machine and game are only a mere shadow of what they once were. I've shot my wad here.
It's starting to get really bad for me in this last week.
I have the problems like many others...where playing in off-peak hours the game runs fine but when it is the evening it gets unplayable.

The game will freeze and stutter a lot of the time and then it goes into fast forward when it tries to catch up. After a while of this I normally then get a dc.

I have tried may of the different servers and it is always the same in the evening.
It is not my internet as other games work fine and speedtest is fine.

I hope they find a solution soon and don't ignore the problem as we are in the minority of players it seems.
"
Torrenz wrote:
glad GGG has assigned valued posters to split hairs about forum rules at every possible instance the first thing a customer wants to hear after they provide feedback or ask for assistance is that they asked all wrong!

1.) You're not the OP. Please stop hijacking his thread. Create your own thread if you want to troubleshoot this. If you just want to complain, you'll get better success posting here instead: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/feedback.

2.) Dunedain was given "valued poster" designation because he has helped a lot of people in the past. He's not employed by GGG, he's not instructed to post any differently then he normally would, and he's not told what to say. Dune volunteers his own time here to help others. It's completely unacceptable for you to attack someone who volunteers they own time when they could easily spend it elsewhere and not have to deal with attacks and insults in the first place.

"
Torrenz wrote:
my game feels so and so laggy under so and so conditions. that's all the info I can provide with my level of effort and expertise. I don't need a reassuring pat on the back or any acknowledgement at all, I just want to be able to provide my feedback, however scarcely-useful, without being hounded by backseats like you, emulating authority instead of helpfulness.

That's fine, that's good, now please follow the guidelines of this forum and do it here instead: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/feedback.

"
Torrenz wrote:
No further correspondence please, officer.

...and he's not an "officer".

So...

OP (Kaelrath), if you'd like help...

Please run a WinMTR trace route, then copy and paste the results here. Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1377789/page/1.

Unless I'm just missing it, among all of the other people hijacking your thread, I couldn't find a a winmtr trace route or a link to it. Thanks.

Note that the OP is almost a week old now, so he's either not having the same issue or didn't bother checking back in on his thread. Any further bumping of this thread is a waste of time for everyone involved.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Sep 26, 2016, 3:41:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info