Constant Game "freeze" and or lag

So...anyone else having the issue where the game essentially just locks up and u cant move and or.....play at all (huge lag) is there any fix to this or am i stuck just not playing HC becuase of a random freeze + death cuz i refuse to alt f4
Last bumped on Feb 5, 2017, 10:55:31 PM
Yes, not constant but brief ones every few minutes and every hour or 2 a good 5-10 second freeze. I also crash a fair amount.
Which server are you using?
Could be the servers having issues?
Yup. Ripped to the lag a few times since 2.4 landed. Not all that pleased but hey what can you do...
Deliver pain exquisite
My old slow computer does this, my newer one is much better. As a result, I attribute it to wireless issues on the old computer now. Back when I was living with it I didn't know what it was.

I still get half second hiccups now and then, so I suspect my wireless still has some troubles. But it is much better now.
Yup, over the last 2 weeks it is gotten crazy. I have a brand new computer & am plugged in directly. No Wifi. I still get lag spikes. It will freeze for 5 to 10 secs & then it was like I hit fast forward. The amusing part is that the you have died do you want to res in town screen pops up before it actually shows me dying.

It is almost to a point where I am thinking of skipping this league as progressing is hard enough but losing 10% every hour makes it impossible.

Video - Freeze is at the 4:00 minute to 4:19. I got lucky on this one as everything around me was dead.

I play on Cali server. Maybe I will try a different one tonight.

I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
I've had a couple of short screen freezes recently, then last night a very long one. I was in a map so I thought maybe it was the Shaper doing his speech so I didn't react to it. About 20 seconds later I got the resurrect message then the screen caught up in super high speed action (cue Benny Hill theme) exactly as shown in the video above, except with mobs.

I'm not sure what happened as I had the counters up and they showed no lag or fps drop at the time. It was a timed map and that counter continued to tick, to add insult to (fatal) injury.
Last edited by Saevan on Sep 20, 2016, 2:57:21 PM
"
Kaelrath wrote:
So...anyone else having the issue where the game essentially just locks up and u cant move and or.....play at all (huge lag) is there any fix to this or am i stuck just not playing HC becuase of a random freeze + death cuz i refuse to alt f4
Same here. Game freeze for 20s. Then wake up and everything goes really fast to catch up real time :-D But it's annoying as hell and if I die I would be mad.
Been having this problem since the launch of Atlas.
Sadly it ruined the entire joy of a fresh league for me.

Sent GGG a mail over a week ago explaining this issue but so far not even a reply back.
Talk about an effective way to add insult to injury..
Playing on the London server connected directly (no wireless).

I have been having the same problems since Atlas launch.

I made a post and included the relevant network data. I had some good advice from fellow forum members, but nothing official back from GGG. Scanning the forums then, and now, it is a common problem affecting all servers.

I have no proof, but I do think it has got better this last week or so. This may be because my playing hours have changed - I only play during "off-peak" hours now. I can't play hard-core due to the obvious lag RIP. It has also forced me into playing "safer" specs and levelling (slowly) an SRS Summoner with ZOMBIES as it does give some dgree of tank buffer to me dying during a spike, and my Raging Spirits do there stuff while I am afk for up to 5 secs.

It may also be better because less people are playing and the server load is less (remember at launch they had to throttle back the player load due to memory issues on their side).

It's a real shame as taken the shine off what is my favourite league to date.

If lag has got better due to less players then that is an even bigger shame if that player base doesn't return. IMO PoE is the best aRPG I've ever played (and I'm old!) and you can see from my profile that I've supported the game through packs as I feel the developers deserve my money for the time I spend playing their game. As this is their main source of income, having a bad release and losing players is a disater as this will lose that badly needed money.

I really hope GGG find a solution, or at least post something on the forums that indicates there is a plan to move forward. I imagine GGG support have too many lag related issues to get any individual reply from them, but a lack of any forum post is disappointing.

Looks like Inquisitor Dual Totem build is a good choice until then (as long as you get your totems up before the lag RIP hits you).

I'd be interested in other player's views as to whether they think the lag spike problem is better than it was - NOT syaing it's fixed (or even playable at times) - just a bit better?

"I'm Andrew D - and thanks for reading" (Oh wait, I think that line's already copyrighted).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info