[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

"
kazeshinii wrote:
Guys what can i improve? This is my gear and skill tree i am lv 83 with 4.6k hp and 20k evasion with grace.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAABeAdwDHgUtBbUHmQguDPINjRCSES8WvxmOH0EhdiPTI_YmlSoLKlsrCi5TMHwx-jIyNj031DnUQzFDNkd-Sn1Mjkz_TZJOKlFHUuxVS1WFVvpZ8FuvXfJfP2HiYqxlTWqMbAhsjG87cFJxsHTtdct293fjeWh59nrvfXV_K4SihNmGzod2idOMNo19jX6Nv49gm42dqqCfotmly6iiqW6q-LDYtMW1SLe2vG-9Nr6nwBrBBMEzwdjC7MgUyPDTb9N-1CPZhtrB2-fjn-pi62PtP-2D7g7vevGK9W_8xf66

Dps in hideout with ice golem

get a 6L qotf or reach, void man is a great damage boost. ur rings can be improved, diamond rings or steel rings are great options, though expensive one, movement speed on boots, enchant on helm, quality on gems (those 10% inc damage boost dps by a lot). Super luxury would be +1 drillneck and vuln snakebite.
does legacy reach worth to invest?
Hey Guys -

Currently trying a new Build so i am going to sell all my Stuff :)

If someone is interested, just PM me ingame: benCharge

please no lowballers

snakebites/dying/kiaras/drillneck allready sold

greez
Last edited by benw0w on Feb 2, 2017, 12:05:21 PM
Just hit level 100.

Final gear/tree, I believe I have one of the best, if not the best setup on the league:

Some notes about it, in order of importance:

- I used a Diamond Flask when I didn't have a +1 Power Charge bow. The difference that +1 Power Charges makes is it lets you achieve 95% Crit Chance by just speccing into Heartseeker node in the tree (Crit Chance + Crit Multi), and then you can use Sulphur Flask for an +40-50% increased Damage that applies to and double dips everything. It makes your "number of shots per pack required" number go down to a solid 1 even in the hardest maps. I'd argue that it's actually better than +1 Arrow - the Damage mod is just really, really good for Poison builds. The Arrow would probably make your LA even more laggy, too.

- Taste of Hate is something I ran in my T15 Courtyards with 7x Sextant mods and high map packsize, which is all I've been doing for 97-100 (averaging 18-20mil xp/h at 99). I felt like getting a bit more safety was more important than getting a bit of speed, as I couldn't exactly speedrun thru those maps (majorly due to the lag big density gives, as well as proximity shields from some of the sextant added mobs and other similar big 'slowdowns'). If I did easier/faster content, I ran Silver flask with a Runspeed mod:

- No other changes to the setup compared to the version in the OP. I have tried or researched most other configurations, but they all turned out to be worse. The ones worth noting that were talked about in this thread:
1) Cospri's version - I don't like how small Blasphemy auras are on this character. Cospri might be good for bosses where you can afford double cursing and being very close (Vuln + Temp Chains for maximum poison memes), but for mapping, it seems entirely wasted when you will generally kill everything before its on your screen. The runspeed, life, and resists from QotF will always outperform it in clear.
2) Dropping the CWDT-IC cluster. This might be viable for speedrunning lower tier/easy layout maps, i.e. if your plan is to do Shaped Strand to 100, go ahead. It might also be very viable for bosses, as the damage you take is very predictable. But I can't count the number of times where CWDT saved me from either spell bursts when I'm misplaying or things like Porcupines, or has given me just enough time to escape and/or logout macro in time, or saved me from a Volatile mob blowing up in my face because some other hit has procced it JUST before that rare died. Don't undervalue CWDT-IC.
3) In addition to the above, I feel like having any Curse application via Frenzy or selfcast to be entirely unusable in clearing. It only makes sense to do with a 2nd curse that you use only on bosses or longer targets, and for those longer targets, you could just... item swap into a boss setup. This is just T16 bosses and "pure" boss maps like Shaper or Izaro. Everything else has too small of a health pool to bother.

- Most important thing that I had to learn in order to stop dying completely: never shoot more than 1-2 times from the same location. The build relies on its movement speed and 'snappiness' to avoid spell damage, which is mostly projectiles or ground AoEs. You can't REACT to all of them, but you CAN just always be on the move and thus mitigate the threat completely. Using only open map layouts help this a bit.

- Also, avoid killing rares on top of yourself. Especially unearthing fucking Golems with Volatile. Trust me, I learned the hard way. You better run thru the entire pack of sleeping Golems and shoot them in the back, or just skip them completely. Same with Devourers or anything that unearths. Be especially wary vs any mob type that has "Extra Health" on it by default, i.e. bears. Volatile on them will kill you guaranteed.

- All of my rare items happened to be self crafted. I tried to craft an Envy amulet till the very end (last attempt was at like 80% xp at 99), but beating the one I have just turned out to be really hard even without chaos damage.

- My resists are 170/169/170. I crafted the boots in exactly one Essence of Zeal. That was the most precise craft I've ever seen of anything ever. The item isn't even that good, it just happened to be perfect for my particular setup.

- Had this happen in a blue Shrine map at level 99, 40% xp:
Spoiler

Was already wearing a HH, +1 Bow, and sitting on like 100 exalts on top of it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- I will be breaking this character and selling everything. If you want the entire character, you got like 2 days max to contact me.
Last edited by M4RED on Feb 3, 2017, 4:18:19 PM
"
Thaya wrote:
Just hit level 100.

Gratz to this - till I get higher I have to learn to play bow glas cannon. I'm much too much tank from last season, where wading into monsters and blow them up was the fastes way to play. An EQ Aegis gladiator is the exact opposite to this build. Loves to be in the middle of things. A situation where the ES from Aegis would barely flicker a bit now kills king ;) .

I was running double curse there, too - mostly to beef up low tank damage. It was vuln. from gloves, like in this build, and enfeeble on the CODT gem to autocurse when I get hit.

I'm used too much on "sleep mode" - only things that matter are bosses (they are often better with this King build) - and volatile mobs. And frost nova strongboxes...

I feel like I'm finally almost done. Apart from the obvious (6L Reach, getting all jewelry to flat phys, flat chaos, %chaos), I'm not sure what I can do to improve much further. Maybe changing ring and belt base types, but I feel pretty squishy already.

"

I'm pretty happy with where the gear is at. Recently got first Shaper and Uber Atziri kills, but I feel that they are pretty inconsistent for me and I barely got the kill. I think since it was my first real league, I had a pretty big learning curve for both fights. I followed the recommended gear swaps listed on page 1 and I felt like it made a big difference though I couldn't understand replacing dying sun with witchfire brew when I had the relatively useless quicksilver flask (so damn fast even without it!).

I have almost 800c in BSC and I am not sure what to spend it on! I've been mostly getting lucky doing Chayula runs (gotten a blessing almost every run). May just end up rolling a new character to practice for next league. I hear a flameblast/firestorm elementalist, or firestorm CWC occultist is a pretty good league starter.
Last edited by rejechted on Feb 3, 2017, 3:23:52 PM
Why it

is worse than it ? ;/

I think about DPS ofc
Last edited by KilM on Feb 3, 2017, 6:18:02 PM
@Thaya

Isn't cospri's version much stronger defense-wise though even if it's obviously slower? I tried both with the exact same passives and only changing cwdt-immortal call to blasphemy-enfeeble-increased aoe-enlighten and it feels better. Maybe with almost perfect gear-links-gems the QotF version is indeed better because you should instakill everything other than bosses up to the highest tier map (I rolled on a character on standard and I'm already easily doing t15 with 5link lightning arrow+no uber lab done for ascendancy)
Hi guys) What do you think about this rings?

Can you explain me, why we don't use Physical damage in the rings?) Cause I don't understand mechanics of Toxic Delivery) 20% Of Physical Damage gained as extra Chaos Damage, so why we craft Chaos Damage in the rings?)
В темноту назад и в низ!
Last edited by Hasanderson on Feb 4, 2017, 7:26:36 AM
Hey, I've been playing around with a KotF build and it has been a blast to get to Dried Lake so far. I have a 5L Opus and QotF right now for my Barrage and Lightning Arrow, but I'm wondering if I can/should swap in a LMP or GMP into my LA for now? Shooting only three projectiles total feels very weak on the AoE, and I can't afford a +1 arrow Drillneck right now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info