[2.4] The Shaman Tank (Aegis/Vortex ci)

thats mean it s not wrong? i tought that maybe i make some mistake and have only halucinations :)
flamability is a great alternative if you want to do more damage. As for fire pen, really up to you, it buffs the initial damage, but does nothing directly to the DOT or ignite. It's probably a fair trade-off, though I have not done the math.
Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
400 def aegis
700 def belt
2700 grace

3800 armour, how did you get 15k without flasks? on videos i can see over 12k def
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
Last edited by unlucky_child on Oct 13, 2016, 12:50:22 PM
"
unlucky_child wrote:
400 def aegis
700 def belt
2700 grace

3800 armour, how did you get 15k without flasks? on videos i can see over 12k def

A while ago I had 14.8k armor without flasks, however I dropped the aura node so I could run another jewel, now I sit at 13.1k armor without flask.

Aura nodes buff the base value of grace, easily adding additional armor.
Lvl 95 reporting in, the build works great did all guardians. I failed the shaper first try at phase 3. I'll try again soon.
Got lucky with loots, i upgraded everything and i don't thing i can really improve it.
I modified a litlle the tree to use energy within. 9K8 Es.

Spoiler

Thanks again !
Last edited by Shiranui3489 on Oct 22, 2016, 10:38:40 AM
nice work mate!

phase 3 is a pain sometimes haha. Takes a lot of coordination, but trust me, you can do it!
Could you more explain in detail for the beginner what wear at low levels, and what skills to use, and most importantly a tree passive skills through the levels, thanks in advance. (I am a novice in the game, and English is not my native language), but I really liked your build. And how much money you need about all the things. THANKS
If you redesigned this build for level 85-90 instead of 90+ and without the Grand Spectrums do you think you could still get it to work?

The only reason I ask is because if you make a build with 10 Grand Spectrums and level 90+ you could get pretty much any spell to work. Curious if you could get this concept clearing end game content without those handicaps.
"
Slayer10247 wrote:
If you redesigned this build for level 85-90 instead of 90+ and without the Grand Spectrums do you think you could still get it to work?

The only reason I ask is because if you make a build with 10 Grand Spectrums and level 90+ you could get pretty much any spell to work. Curious if you could get this concept clearing end game content without those handicaps.

Personally, I find it is nice to work towards obtaining grand spectrums. That being said, sure the build can be done without them, but ultimately it will not be as strong damage wise. Instead of grand spectrums you can run jewels with:

1) cold damage
2) fire damage
3) increased damage

As for level, all I can say is that if you play this build on league, your gear, es, and damage will scale as you level, until eventually you can farm t15's, t16's, then move on to shaper. As the content gets harder, again, you will need better gear and higher levels.
Currently leveling that build in the new league, i found out you're also the one behind the Summon raging inferno build i did in prophecy so, i guess i like your builds overall :D

I can confirm the build works great so far even without the claw and grand spectrums, it's not a top clearer but it's really enjoyable to tank the breaches and basically not care about most mobs. I basically just have the Aegis and some random ES gear, no enlighten or empower either and only a 5L, gonna see how far i can go before i really need more upgrades.

Even at 3K tooltip, the Vortex does a good job at clearing stuff.

I'm also planning on getting a % damage taken gained as mana corrupted ring, as it seems like the best plan to cover the mana issues i'm running into (only 100 mana to use for spells is a bit short).

I have some questions though, as it's not clear for me yet:

-Equilibrium, how does it work exactly for the build setup ? I understand Orb of storms is used to trigger it, but on hitting Vortex it seems it only counts as a fire hit, right ? So orb of storms debuffs cold and fire, then vortex debuffs cold and lightning, so the cold ground effect gets the debuff no matter what ?

-would you advice getting the claw or grand spectrums first ? It doesn't feel the claw is such a big boost over any scepter with % fire and % cold on top of elemental damage, right ?

-also, how does the double dipping on dots work with damage types ? I thought spell dmg was the best one as it's specified on the gem, but it seems % fire and % cold are better ? What about elemental damage ? And does it reflect on tooltip at all or is the dps calculated there completely useless anyway ?

Thanks in advance, and for the awesome builds ! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info