[2.4] The Shaman Tank (Aegis/Vortex ci)

Hey, I've tried your HoI worm build and decided to also give this build a go on my witch thats just been collecting dust.

So far my gear is:

Seems to be extremely tanky as advertised, but my ES is kind of low. Rouhgly 9k ES. I imagine thats due in part to using Rainbowstrides's.

I am having issues with mana management, was thinking about switching out one of the flasks for a mana flask, unless you have some good advice? :)

My DPS in hideout without any buffs sits at 9342 to 14021. Currently using 12 grand spectrums and 1 reckless.
gear looks good, ES is fine mate. I am currently at like 9700 with rainbowstrides. Try to get the 2.0% life/mana regen on boots, that should take care of mana problems.

If needs be, you can also drop inc duration and use rallying cry.
Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
Great build, playing on essence softcore. I am level 89.
Here is my gear :
Spoiler

I'm doing T 16 maps but having difficulty with guardian. Died to minotaur yesterday :(.
I have only 7k ES, i think it is my priority to upgrade.
My block chances are 75%/73%. I can get 1% missing with a 4% chayula and the other one with a 21 bone offering.
My passive tree :

Stat
Spoiler

Keystone
Converts all Evasion Rating to Armour. Dexterity provides no bonus to Evasion Rating
Maximum Life becomes 1, Immune to Chaos Damage
40% more Elemental Damage if you've Crit in the past 8 seconds No Critical Strike Multiplier
Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get +25% Resistance to those Elements and -50% Resistance to other Elements
Life Regeneration is applied to Energy Shield instead
BaseStat
+160 to Dexterity
+240 to Intelligence
+60 to Strength
+10 to Strength and Intelligence
General
15% increased Radius of Area Skills
30% increased Area Damage
30% increased Skill Effect Duration
Defense
184% increased maximum Energy Shield
20% increased maximum Life
6.1% of Life Regenerated per second
+54 to maximum Energy Shield
35% increased Energy Shield Recharge Rate
70% increased Armour
60% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
+25% to all Elemental Resistances
Minions have 10% increased maximum Life
70% increased Evasion Rating
8% increased maximum Mana
15% more maximum Energy Shield
+20 to maximum Mana
5% increased Movement Speed
+18% to Lightning Resistance
You and Allies affected by your Auras have +20% to all Elemental Resistances
+18% to Cold Resistance
+50 to Evasion Rating
+1% to maximum Lightning Resistance
65% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
+6% to Chaos Resistance
Weapon
9% increased Attack Speed
Spell
2% increased Attack and Cast Speed for each corpse consumed recently
13% increased Cast Speed
12% increased Spell Damage
Auras you Cast grant 5% increased Attack and Cast Speed to you and Allies
Others
Your Offering Skills also affect you
Minions deal 105% increased Damage
Desecrate creates 2 additional Corpses
40% increased Damage if you have consumed a corpse recently
Auras you Cast grant 10% increased Damage to you and Allies
Block
2% additional Chance to Block Spells with Shields

10 grand spectrums and 1 reckless.
What would you do first sir ?
Thank you again !
Last edited by Shiranui3489 on Sep 27, 2016, 11:47:11 PM
I would say the only issue is your es pool. My friend is also doing the build and has around 8600 and is level 90. Minotaur is more of a technical fight, most of his attacks can easily be dodged.
How was shaper fight? It is possible to kill Shaper on HC with this build?
"
Jarovb wrote:
How was shaper fight? It is possible to kill Shaper on HC with this build?

Shaper is a very technical fight. The build is capable of killing shaper and has done so, but it requires exellent coordination of the vortexs.
ok Maybe you can write some guide how to fight with guardians and Shaper? Thank you
"
Jarovb wrote:
ok Maybe you can write some guide how to fight with guardians and Shaper? Thank you

Heres the general rule of thumb for shaper:

Don't touch his balls, avoid his beam, and dont let him get behind you ;)

Honestly, When fighting shaper, its important to take your time and really avoid spawning vortexs. I can manage to get 10-20 vortex orbs following me around while fighting him. If you can manage the orbs, dodging his kamehameha isnt a problem. The main thing to look out for is his slam, and preventing zana from dying.

For the guardians, dont rely on being a tank. Dodge their attacks whenever you can, you have speed and mobility with shield charge, so use it.

The Hydra boss is by far the easiest. Cast vortex, watch for his fork shot, and step to the side while remaining close to the boss. Rinse and repeat.

Phoenix boss - replace chance to ignite with ele focus. Take your time and dodge his attacks, they have preemptive visuals so you can avoid them. Try to ration flasks off the start until more adds start to spawn.

Minotaur - dont stand in the circles, do not try to tank him when he dives underground, and of course dont tank any of his attacks after you run through the lightning.

Chimera - easiest boss - his minions do very high damage, so keep moving around while you kill them. When the boss is invisible, shield charge into all of the white smoke until you hit him and he reappears.
Last edited by DreamScythe on Oct 2, 2016, 10:32:44 PM
Thank You i will try soon i hope:) One more question because i tested few hours diffrent comination ( i always need try something change :P ) i found that strongest for me is in 5link fire pen in place of rapd decay and flamability with course on hit orb of storms. monsters have higher chance to ignite and burn much faster then with other combination... what you think about it?
both are great alternatives for some very high damage =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info