[2.4] JSs Witch ES CI Prolif Fireball. One Shot Bosses (6 Million Damage Burn, 1600k+ BDPS)

Welcome to my fireball proliferation build guide. This build revolves around using a single fireball to kill large packs and bosses. It utilizes three curses (temp, ele weak, flammability) and deals a lot of damage because of the double dipping mechanics between fire damage and burn. Check out the sections below for more information on the build and its mechanics.

T13 Lair boss :

t14 palace boss :

Build Introduction

I did this build a long time ago and decided to try it again after the poison mine and trappers got nerfed. Like the poison damage over time, I found out it was possible to double dip damage with burn damage. On top of that, fireball got 50% more damage this patch and is the perfect spell because both it has the projectile and AOE mod on it which double dips with burn damage (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ignite). This allows for a tremendous amount of damage because 10% projectile is in fact more than 20% inc damage through double dipping. This is how I'm able to hit some bosses for half of there hp with one fireball.

The Mine/Trapper Nerf : Remote Mine's damage modifier no longer affects damage over time.
Trap's damage modifier no longer affects damage over time.

Passive Skill Tree

Passive Skill Tree Details

Ascendance as Witch :
Shaper of Desolation --> Beacon of Ruin --> Paragon of Calamity --> Liege of the Primordial

You want to stack double dipping modifiers and crit multiplier. You need very little mana regeneration because of our low cast speed. You need 50 int to use rolling flames in the northern socket. This is achieved by through the deep thoughts node for +20 int. I run two curses at all times (flamm/temp) and cast elemental weakness when needed. We do not need reduced mana for this build and if needed, you can run blessing of elements for resists in elemental weakness maps.

Level 90+ :
You have options when you pick up points on the skill tree past 90. For example, when I got enough mana regen on my gear, I dropped deep thoughts for ghost reaver. It was an equal 2 point move and helped me survive because the belt and weapon have .2% fire leech. You can also pick up practical application which will help with stuns and more importantly, your dex and strength stat.

Leveling & Bandits

Normal : Point
Cruel : Point
Merciless : Power Charge

Leveling
I have made over 30 level 80+ characters and this is one of the easiest I have had to level. I used a reverberation rod all the way to merciless with fireball and lmp alone. If you pick up enough damage you can 1 shot every pack with ease. I leveled as life so I do not have knowledge on how to level as CI at the moment.

Suggested Map Damage :
T1-T5 : 2K+ Average Fireball Fire Damage Tooltip
T6-T8 : 4K+ Average Fireball Fire Damage Tooltip
T9-T11 : 6K+ Average Fireball Fire Damage Tooltip
T12-T13 : 8K+ Average Fireball Fire Damage Tooltip
T14-T16 : 10K+ Average Fireball Fire Damage Tooltip

A tabula would provide an overkill amount of dps while leveling. I could only imagine what it wouldve been like if I used a tabula.

New ES Build :

http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAQMeBUINHw18D8QQWBEPES8RUBM1FdcXpBhqGoEbJR0UHU8fQSBuIbAi9CepKPoqCypTKo0rCiycLL8ulDT3Nbk22Dt8PCg9X0GHQZZGUkkbSVFJsUuuTLNQMFBCUXRSU1M1VmNXyVgHXGtd8l8qa3psC20ZcFJ0VXgvfOV-WX_GgseESIauh2WJ04w2jmSPRo_6kyeXhZeVl_SYrZuhnL6exKEvoqOmmaa-pyusmK6zsnC0DLb6uMq5k76KwcXDCcNtyL_K09Af0PXUB9fP2VvbXtyN34rpAuq66_XsGOxV74jv6_DV8WzyHfem99f5N_no_Ew=

My Characters Current Gear

Gear Details and Advice

Weapon
Doryanis catalyst scepter with a shield provides a tremendous amount of double dipping elemental damage.

Body Armour
6 Link es chest or shavs for low life

Belt
Doryanis invitation belt provides a damage boost from the fireball increased damage.

Jewelry
The end game goal is a ngamahu tiki that is corrupted with +1 to maximum curses. However, in the meantime, I use windscream reinforced greaves so that I can tri-curse. You will want to use a ngahmu tiki and rare rings like the ones linked below.

Flasks
The only necessary flask is a mana potions. Besides that choose what ever potion you feel safest with. I chose rumis concoction and plan on picking up one of those new fire flasks from the phoenix boss.
My ES Potions:

Jewels
Rolling flames is nice to use but for clear speed but does not work with prolif. A max ES/fire damage rare jewel would be better in the end. As an ES character, I plan on running a rare jewel and a energy from within unique jewel.

An end game jewel would have the mods :

*ES % Required on jewels unless 3+ prop dps*
Damage Mods that double dip:
Increased Fire Damage
Increased Projectile Damage
Increased Damage
Increased Area Damage

Gem Links

You will want to be swapping gems between your main hand and offhand between bosses and trash mobs.

Main Skill for Bosses (Replace CD with ICD in 5l for boss) : Concentrated Effect, Slower Projectiles, Increased Burning Damage, Increased Critical Damage, Fireball, Controlled Destruction
Main Skill for Trash (Remove ICD with CD in 5l for trash) : Increased Area of Effect, Faster Projectiles, Increased Burning Damage, Increased Critical Damage, Fireball, Controlled Destruction

*You can also use pierce instead of faster projectiles if you like that better. I have also been experimenting with using magma orb for mob clear and fireball for bosses.

Necessary 3 Links :
-Orb of Storms, Faster Casting, Power Charge on Crit

-Immortal Call (Max), Cast when Damage Taken (Max), Increased Duration Optional, Rallying Cry (Linked or Unlinked with CWDT)

-3xVaal Discipline, Inc Duration (Optional)

Movement Skills:
Flame Dash, Lightning Warp, Less Duration

Curse Gem Link:
Blasphemy, Flammability, Temporal Chains, Elemental Weakness

I self cast elemental weakness when its needed to save points on the tree. You have the option to go heretics veil and run all the curses on blasphemy. If not, id pick up a rare helm with reduced mana to run all three curses on blasphemy.

ES (8k ES) :

Defensive Stats

Offensive Stats

Please note : Conc does not work on the tooltip. You will not see a fireball damage increase on the tooltip with conc but it works.

6Link (slower projectiles,Controlled Destruction,increased multiplier gem,inc burn, fireball, conc effect)

DPS Calculations

What is double dipping and why do I care?
Double dipping is simple but crucial to this build.When I pick up increased fire damage on the tree it will not only increase the flat fire damage of fireball but also the burn damage from the ignited enemies. When I pick up 10% increased fire damage on the tree it is better than getting 20% increased damage of something that doesnt double dip. This is because it will add damage to the fireball and also increase the amount of burn damage.The burn calculation below might make it easier to understand.

Burn Calculation with 10% increased fire damage doing a base of 100 fire damage:
(Ignite does 80% fire damage over 4 seconds making it very easy to calculate BPS)

(100 * 1.1) * .8 = (88 * 1.1) = 96.8 total burn damage = 96.8 / 4 = 24.2 BPS

In total, the 10% increased fire damage added 16.8 which is .8 higher BPS than getting 20% increased damage of a non double dipping modifier. (100 * 1.2) * .8 = 96 total burn damage

Check out http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ignite and check out the section on what effects burn damage to find the complete list that double dips.

My current average fireball damage with conc : (14000 Tooltip * 1.59) = 22260 base fire damage

Lets consider that the mobs have exactly 0% resists. If the mobs were vulnerable to fire (-1% to -60% fire damage resists) then they will take up to 60% more damage from fire.

Increased Damage from Tree :
30% increased Projectile Damage
92% increased Elemental Damage
152% increased Fire Damage
30% increased Area Damage

15% increased Burning Damage

Increased Damage from Gear and Supports :
70% Increase Burning Damage Gem
30% increased fire damage from belt
60% increased fire damage from neck
75% increased fire damage from rings
10% elemental damage from boots
130% Increased elemental damage from weapon

Total Increased Burn Damage : 694% Increased Burn Damage

More Multipliers from Gems
58% More Area damage from Conc
29% More Projectile Damage from Slower Proj
44% More spell damage from controlled destruction

Calculations :

Crit Multiplier with Gem : 471
Crit Multi with FaceBreakers (+90%) : 561
Total Burn Damage = Base Fire Tooltip * 80% of Base * Increased Burn Damage

Equation :
Total Burn Damage * Conc * Slow Proj * Resists Factor = Total Burn DPS / 4 = BDPS

(22260 * .8 * 7.94) * 1.59 * 1.29 = 290016 total burn damage / 4 seconds = 72504 BDPS
(104844 * .8 * 7.94) * 1.59 * 1.29 = 1365969 (crit) / 4 = 341492 BDPS on Crit at 0% fire res

At -60% resists for both initial hit and burn :

For example, your cast speed is so low that orb of storms procs EE for -60% resists and then after fireball hits it procs EE it again so that the burn also get the -60% resists. This happens a lot during bosses. You often times want to stop when you hear a crit from fireball as the burn will do more overall damage at a constant -60% resists. You will notice a big difference between 0% resists and -60%. (EE = elemental equilibrium)

We gain a 60% or 1.6 multiplier for both the hit and burn.

((22260 * 1.6) * .8 * 7.94) * 1.59 * 1.29 * 1.6 = 742441 total burn damage / 4 seconds = 185610 BDPS
((124878 * 1.6) * .8 * 7.94) * 1.59 * 1.29 * 1.6 = 3496881 (crit) / 4 seconds = 874220 BDPS Crit

With Righteous Fire :
((((22260 * 1.59) * 5.61) * 1.6) * .8 * 7.94) * 1.59 * 1.29 * 1.6 = 6622507 (crit) / 4 seconds = 1655626 BDPS Crit

Videos & References

Im working on better videos in the next few days. I will try to get a 15/16 one shot with RF.

ES Videos :
ES T13 Shaped Atoll + 80% Fire Resistance (Sorry about quality, my comp sucks) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKqezVNP5XQ
ES T13 Lair Boss Kill :
https://youtu.be/e_gl0_2x5oo
ES T13 Shaped Atoll (just a typical map run) :
https://youtu.be/88WwqI9CH0o

Feel free to ask any questions about the build either in game of on this thread.

IGN : Myburningballz

IGN : @MyBurningBallz
Last edited by Ineedajob2 on Mar 15, 2017, 1:49:07 AM
Last bumped on Mar 14, 2017, 3:28:40 AM
R
Last edited by Ineedajob2 on Sep 17, 2016, 2:53:08 AM
I am liking what you have here. Looking forward to seeing some video of this build in action. Always did love fireball.
easy leveling?
could you please add the bandit choice and explain, why did you pick passive "lord of the death" for example? and why did you take the take intelligence instead of spelldmg at the start
"
Dirtykittie wrote:
I am liking what you have here. Looking forward to seeing some video of this build in action. Always did love fireball.

same here cant wait for videos!
Thanks for all the replies. I went Life,Point,PC for the bandits. The build was extremely easy to level with. I have made over 30 level 80+ characters and this one is by far one of the easiest to level. I was using a 3 link reverberation until I could use a searing touch. All you need is lmp in the weapon and you're good.
"
Ineedajob2 wrote:
Thanks for all the replies. I went Life,Point,PC for the bandits. The build was extremely easy to level with. I have made over 30 level 80+ characters and this one is by far one of the easiest to level. I was using a 3 link reverberation until I could use a searing touch. All you need is lmp in the weapon and you're good.

How is the clear speed for maps and are you able to farm uber lab relatively safe?
The clear speed is fast. I love using faster projectile and icreased AOE. I can offscreen entire packs of mobs with one fireball and when in a playing in group of 3+ I can often kills entire packs before anyone can touch them. I've been really impressed lately with the builds capabilities in both its speed and damage. The last time I tried uber lab I one shot him. It pretty much comes down to surviving with 5k hp+ and a rumis for less than 2 seconds in each phase. Temporal chains also makes him a lot easier to dodge.
Last edited by Ineedajob2 on Sep 17, 2016, 1:47:04 PM
Are you doing guardians with this build? and what jewells you use?
Last edited by slimq3 on Sep 17, 2016, 1:46:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info