Development Manifesto: The Atlas

Please fix failed to join instance. happens to me at least 5 times per hour :(
another instance crash oh well, enjoy the atlas good work not the huge change i was after but a great addition.
You wrote a manifesto post about the Atlas that discussed zero of my issues with the Atlas. This does not bode well for me ever reinstalling POE. How incredibly disappointing.

I guess self found players will forever remain crushed under the boot of the Atlas. It really sucks that you put out an expansion that ruined the game for me, but the fact that you apparently don't care in the slightest about how much self found play has suffered hurts so much worse.
Spot on!
"
diegodgo87 wrote:
Atlas it's horrible, today i run my first tier 11 maps, been leveling in tier 6-7-8 and some shaped 9's for days.

After this system I was doing T12 in 4-5 days from league start., but now at two weeks i'm still far from the 12's.

Game it's not fun anymore... i'm almost level 90 doing low maps. Maybe it's time to move on and find some other game.

This is my biggest fear that they didn't change with this atlas. I just started the yellow tiers, which normally weren't that hard to maintain... but when you get into the 90s and have to keep doing boring tedious lower level maps... that what gets me the most. I hope I will be able to actually get into red mapping.
cool that you see that sextants are BOTH lame and too rare

because they are STILL way to rare and if people cannot find them frequently enough they will simply stockpile them just like they do with other rare but feeble currencies

you are wrong in saying that uber lab requires map participation. it doesnt. it requries /820 participation and thats all. you share your trials and then buy your offerings. you do not need to enter a map, ever. uber lab is lvl 75 - it beats farming dried lake for leveling AND gives you shoot at great map drops. and the chest drops are too volatile - you are right that ON AVERAGE you need X runs to find Y maps. but if you are lucky you get INCREDIBLE advantage

and in general you seem to enjoy creating convoluted and complex systems and then give players an easy way to avoid it all and profit.
"
e1337donkey wrote:
"
diegodgo87 wrote:
Atlas it's horrible, today i run my first tier 11 maps, been leveling in tier 6-7-8 and some shaped 9's for days.

After this system I was doing T12 in 4-5 days from league start., but now at two weeks i'm still far from the 12's.

Game it's not fun anymore... i'm almost level 90 doing low maps. Maybe it's time to move on and find some other game.

This is my biggest fear that they didn't change with this atlas. I just started the yellow tiers, which normally weren't that hard to maintain... but when you get into the 90s and have to keep doing boring tedious lower level maps... that what gets me the most. I hope I will be able to actually get into red mapping.

I typically just stop at that point. Not the game, but rather just stop my char when they're in the late eighties. That's the time to make another one so things are fresh again since pretty much no build should need those last 10 passive points and a good build should be able to run all endgame content by then - even if you aren't able to actually access that content (just buy the interesting stuff that's at the very end, such as Guardian/Shaper/Atziri maps, to have fun with and test your build).
As someone who hated Mapping before, things are worse now.

I have really tried to like the Map changes but it just feels even more unbearable. Entry level Map bosses are harder, which makes the game even less fun than before, I keep dying even in T1 maps at lv84.

Also, I've done probably 100+ T1-T3 Maps and found 1 Sextant...

The increased overall difficulty of early Maps and the new format of the Map progression system is even less fun for someone who was not into Mapping before.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
"
Qarl wrote:
The Endgame Labyrinth allows for some bypassing of Atlas progression with special chests that ignore what you've unlocked. Currently we are pretty happy with where this sits as a reward. It requires several key runs to be a reliable payoff, and the Endgame Labyrinth requires active participation in the map and Atlas system to get started running it.

That's kind of understating it. I'm nearly level 80 and have been mapping since 63. Zero trials found.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
First off, the Atlas was a great Idea. Giving a clear goal for mapping (reaching the center/completing all maps) will help player retention.

Map drops sems too random though (don't get me wrong the map drop rate buff had effects, and I'm happy for it), basically I can do 3-4 maps without returns (regardless of tier), and the next map will get me 5+ map (again, disregarding tiers). Evening these out would be a great help to new mapping players.

Then again, it may be my personal luck fucking it all up. Could you just look into it, please?

Improvement for everyone:

- Search function in the atlas (125+ different maps ffs, it should be a given, though I wouldn't know how the engine would react).
Last edited by PBD on Sep 16, 2016, 1:24:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info