Development Manifesto: The Atlas

"Hallowed Ground was functioning exactly like players wanted, so we're making it suck."
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Make the Atlas searchable.

the one thing I hate most, is going "ok, I need this X map - what maps drop X map?".

then hovering over 100 different icons searching for the exact map that is adjacent to the map I am after.
"
monkuar wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:
I love how people feel so entitled about the atlas. This is an entirely optional end-game system and GGG never had to add it to the game. They did because they want to improve on end-game and we don't even have to follow the atlas if we don't want to. We can still just do regular maps.

So, everyone, stop getting your panties in a bunch and take your atlas entitlement and leave it at the door. Leave GGG alone.

Except for the part where the atlas dictates which maps can and can't drop.

No it doesn't. Map drop rate is RNG, and you can find any in any other regular maps. You can also buy them. I've ran my old legacy maps (2.0) and found new ones for the atlas.

Atlas is entirely optional and a privileged end-game system. That's a fact.

Edit: I don't mean any map tier (obviously, around the same tier only)

Completely incorrect.

Only unlocked maps and maps adjacent to the one you are in can ever drop. Progression on the atlas completely removes +2 drops from all new maps as well.
Please Learn From Your Mistakes, I like this game alot, but opt-in mechanics are the complete and total opposite of what an Action-style item-acquisition game should be about.

This is the 4th league in a row that has opt-in mechanics, and while they seem fun on paper, the addition of features should enhance the core gameplay, and should BE core gameplay- not, as I mentioned, opt-in.
"
IceDeal wrote:
The map drop ratio since the Atlas was introduced is beyond horrible, it really feel like you achieve nothing and is the most frustrating experience I've ever had with PoE so far. I strongly suspect that the map drop system was heavily nerfed according to the bonus system wich is in fact not a bonus at all but simply a way to come back to the previous map drops ratio.

I get that this game is F2P and that gating content behind RNG is the best way to keep your player base active. I endured this for years but right now this is simply too frustrating and made me stop playing the game entirely.

++++++++++++++
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Why don't you just have a list of maps that hasn't been unlocked, like the list of achievement.
nice, atlas is a welcome addition to poe, well done! :)
"
Melzas wrote:

Completely incorrect.

Only unlocked maps and maps adjacent to the one you are in can ever drop. Progression on the atlas completely removes +2 drops from all new maps as well.

That's my point though. You don't need to ever press G (or access to the atlas UI) to progress.. lol so all these QQ posts about UI / Atlas stuff are red herrings.

You can still progress by just mapping. What I'm doing right now actually
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Sep 15, 2016, 11:05:46 PM
I love that you said "vendor cubing recipe" Qarl.

And I love the Atlas! It makes the endgame have goals other than xp. So much fun and so well implemented. Thanks for another huge chunk of quality content!
Atlas it's horrible, today i run my first tier 11 maps, been leveling in tier 6-7-8 and some shaped 9's for days.

After this system I was doing T12 in 4-5 days from league start., but now at two weeks i'm still far from the 12's.

Game it's not fun anymore... i'm almost level 90 doing low maps. Maybe it's time to move on and find some other game.
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info