R.I.P. [2.6] Explosive Arrow - Elementalist Build Guide (multi class + version, in depth theory)

Depends on how far you want to take it. If you are going to do say up to t 13 maps id definitely say Witch. I think she can even do some t 15s but my map drops are not good. And if I play in a group that is not a good test. She is very fun to play. I still haven't tested the others properly enough to be comfortable comparing and suggesting. Just so to be clear that the witch is very strong in terms of damage and defenses. The only problem is if the fight lasts long and you run out of flask charges.

Witch is also very easy and straightforward to level. So if you just want to have fun, and are not planning to go for the Shaper I can definitely suggest the Elementalist.

The fact with Berserker is that you should take Vaal pact. Therefore life regen. is useless. That might be problematic with burning ground or Desecrated ground. The flasks used will also be different (not using insta. flasks). And the Berserker will take 18% more elemental damage and 10% more damage compared to the Elementalist. Therefore it will most likely need a higher life pool.

So to recap EA can be done on a budget but there is no way you can do T16 with budget gear with any class.
All you need to have some fun in lower level maps is a 5 link or Tabula rasa and a quill rain. The rest is all optional. If you have dex problems you can use Hyrri's Bite for quiver.

hope that helps
Greengroove's Loot Filter Scripts: poeurl.com/OMs
"
Greengroove wrote:

I revived a Berserker yesterday and did my Zana daily and a few low maps. It shows great promise! I will do further testing today. Run the uber lab for my last points. I'll try to upload some videos. But I think that might be a better option for the toughest bosses. This guy has insane leech. On the easier maps I don't even need flasks. He can potentially even do ele reflect maps (theory not tested).

Pathfinder has already done the guardians and the Shaper. I have a suspicion that both these 2 builds will work much better than a witch or even Champion for this content. They both get much better use of their flasks and flasks are essential for longer fights.

That being said they don't have prolif. I think the Elementalist will be much more fun if you don't plan to do the guardians or Core map,...

I provide some more info about those two on the bottom in the "Notes" spoiler next to links.

peace

Right now I'm playing without prolif (don't have all the trials done yet) and I don't miss it at all, explosions from GMP are enough to clear packs. How exactly does pathfinder fit into an EA build though? I was under the impression that they need a crit spec to be really good. I'm talking from a 1v1 perspective here of course, I'm well aware of how fast they regenerate charges versus groups.

Personally I'm a little tempted to reroll to berserker, 40% more dmg is just monstrous on a build that can ignite.
"
Greengroove wrote:

The fact with Berserker is that you should take Vaal pact. Therefore life regen. is useless. That might be problematic with burning ground or Desecrated ground. The flasks used will also be different (not using insta. flasks). And the Berserker will take 18% more elemental damage and 10% more damage compared to the Elementalist. Therefore it will most likely need a higher life pool.

Just a heads up for anyone thinking of going down this route. VP sucks ass for lab and 10% more damage taken is just begging to get oneshot by izaro. You've been warned :).
What would be the levelling path for marauder? Going for EO into BM?
Well Berserker has potential. I am testing... It can go without vaal pact but I think that instant regen can be godly. I did an uber run today and well I died. He was buffed by 3 golems and had endurance charges + room is really bad today. But here's the thing. If I had Vaal pact I would not have died on that hit.

My Marauder is level 95. Don't ask me how to level I have no idea. From the top of my head I'd say Earthquake. and then transition to EA once you have Ele. overload and possibly ele. equilibrium and blood magic + gear.

Prolif. is not needed but it's fun.

I have no experience with pathfinder personally (yet). Check the notes section on the bottom of my build guide next to links. there's a skill tree some notes and a link to a guy explaining the guardian fights with EA Pathfinder.

"
Bawtzki wrote:

Just a heads up for anyone thinking of going down this route. VP sucks ass for lab and 10% more damage taken is just begging to get oneshot by izaro. You've been warned :).

The Elementalist also has a 8% of elemental damage taken reduction. That being said I think Berserker can do it because he will have insane insta leech. So if you have enough phisical mitigation... For the Elementalist the lab is cake but keep in mind that Argus can not be ignited.
So this just happened!

After about 20 failed attempts I finally have my own. :)
Do you think it is worth to keep the two-stones boots implicite over lab enchants?
I think you should keep the resists if you need them. Maybe try to get other boots without Implicit As the lab enchants can be good. You should first try to enchant your helmet. Then you can still enchant your gloves and maybe leave the boots for last.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_boot_enchantment_mods

The two tone boots are a god send. I need to be over capped (170% all resist) for red elemental weakness maps! I use a lot of unique items so rings and the boots are the slots where I compensate.
Last edited by Greengroove on Sep 19, 2016, 10:27:04 AM
Would grand spectrum viridians be good for the jewel slots? Or is that overkill?
Those would be great. In fact best in slot. But the thing is that they don't work well if you have less than 6. The more of them you have the more damage they provide (exponentially).
I have just updated the skill tree for Grand Spectrum. It now uses 13 jewels.
The down side to the massive damage is that you lose a bit of survivability.
Find the tree in the notes next to the social links.

These jewels are very expensive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AJ0gDFGl3M
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Grand_Spectrum_(Viridian_Jewel)
Last edited by Greengroove on Sep 20, 2016, 3:35:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info