R.I.P. [2.6] Explosive Arrow - Elementalist Build Guide (multi class + version, in depth theory)

Yap I just wonder how much would "drastically" be, from 2-4ex. Because if it goes down under an ex, can't we just go with the 11 jewels tree?
Man, can you tell me why your marauder tree is so different from those? I want to follow the best choice and i feel like you're more experienced but the differences are so.. big... :S

They take no dex and a lot of fire nodes while yours go to duelist area...
Im not judging at all, i want to understand the point of yours and probably go for it xD
Thanks!!

Spoiler
Links:
2.4 [Berserker] Explosive Arrow - High Life, Girthy Ignites
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1756707

[2.2] Sando's Explosive Arrow Berserker (2 curse)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1631440

SARCARCONN™
Last edited by Sarcarconn on Nov 29, 2016, 10:31:00 PM
How do you feel about raider changes, in particular Avatar of the Veil's elemental damage has been increased to 40%? I'm not sure if I'm more enticed by this or the flame golem changes for the elementalist tree.
Heya guys.

@xecutable: Well I would still follow the normal tree and then eventually respec for GS. It is hard to predict the prices etc. But you still need a lot of jewels to make it work. Now even more than ever. If you don't have at least 10 viridian jewels it's not going to be worth it.

I calculated my Elemental damage with normal rare jewels at about 380% 10 viridian jewels will now give you 400% damage 12 jewels will give you 576% damage.

It's up to you to make the math, and the market will show the new value.

@Sarcarconn: I was unable to export the trees to the offline tool to compare. In general i think they should be fine. However i noticed that one tree doesn't take El. Overload. The same tree also uses 2x curse. I think that is potentially sub optimal. If you run a hexproof map you lose a lot of damage. I don't think running 2x or more curses is a very good idea.

Most importantly my tree uses iron Reflexes which is not essential, but if made right this can make your character very tanky. The second even more important thing is that I use Vaal pact. Now this is a double edged sword. The downside is you lose regen which is bad in uber lab traps (but its ok if you just use life flasks). The good thing is that you can't die unless you get 1 shot. You can do elemental reflect maps! When you get hit hard you can essentially regen to full life almost immediately.

I'd say that if you don't like the idea of vaal pact you can go with https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1756707 and you'll be fine also.

@woy: Honestly I'm still not sure about the Raider. She is generally oriented toward attacks. I think that Pathfinder might still be a better choice for EA if you want to go with Ranger. In general frenzy generation has never been a problem. The increase to 40% damage is just the same value thep the Pathfinder has. Only good thing is onslaught however I wonder if that speed is needed at all. all we need to do for max damage is 5 stacks as compared to some fast hitting attacks that rely on say stacking poison.

---

Quickly unrelated: I updated my filter for 2.5 https://github.com/Greengroove/GG-LootFilter
Greengroove's Loot Filter Scripts: poeurl.com/OMs
Last edited by Greengroove on Nov 30, 2016, 12:49:06 PM
Thank you man... :D

So the high dexterity is only because we get iron reflexes, right? thats the only reason?

I noticed your actually character level 95 tree hasnt iron reflexes, can you explain me the reason u didnt take?
Thank you, as i said before, you're much more experienced and i dont wanna do any mistakes XD

(ps1: i stopped play poe back in 2013, i went back only on essence league;
ps2: sorry bad english)
SARCARCONN™
how about scorching ray? would you consider it viable for decreasing bosses fire res? maybe aplying curse with it linked to spell totem?
@Sarcarconn: Please note that EA gem lvl. 21 needs 159 dex. Furthermore dex does help with accuracy rating (slightly). http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dexterity

Iron reflexes is fine but it's not essential for the build. It is more like an option. Having evasion is also fine. It can help sometimes, however that only works against attacks and not spells. If you plan to stack armour then Iron reflexes is definitely a good thing. Provided that you use evasion gear that can be converted to armour...

@tehregent: Might be interesting. Something to try. Does the effect work tho? Something to consider is that it may not be as good if the target moves a lot. This would only work on extremely high HP targets such as T16 and Shaper. Ultimately we don't have many gem slots so if we want to use this we have to drop something else.

If you do try please let me know :)
Last edited by Greengroove on Nov 30, 2016, 1:58:39 PM
Use the offline dps tool, provided here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1716360/page/1.

After setting up some of the gear and playing around with it, the 11 GS tree really pulls ahead by a lot compared to the regular tree, compared to the FINAL Pathfinder tree (with jewels) as well as that of the Champion.

By rough estimations, with missing enchants here and there, for those interested, the explosion with 11 GS comes down to 20k per single fuse with Burning Dmg around 69k. (lvl 21/20 arrow and 20/20 gems, Emp4)

In comparison, for those wondering about the Pathfinder like myself, it comes down to 17k per single fuse and Burnign Dmg around 44k. That is with flask active and EE for both. Same gear, and optimal jewels from the Ranger tree given in that thread linked around here.

Utility, defenses, mobility, proliferation, reflect dmg QoL aren't taking into consideration, rather than just pure raw dmg output.
I estimated my increase in dmg at about 380% prior to upgrade. with 11 GS jewels AFTER the nerf. we still get 484% increase with 11 jewels. However now maybe the 12 jewewls tree would be better.

@xecutable: Ty for infos. :)
What would be the best single target running two Quill rains?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info