[2.4] Great Balls of Fire || Hardcore Viable, Beginner Friendly

This is my current setup. Havnt spent to much time on trying to find some better gear, or pick all my gems, but I kind of went crit with mine and been loving it. Yeah single target (bosses) I switch to Slower proj over gmp. But loving the build. Also suggest adding Vaal Fireball to your mix.
I was looking at the passive tree and noticed an efficiency improvement by the Templar section. you go from the fire and life/chaos area straight down to spell damage. if you go out the left side of the life/chaos wheel and in passed the jewel socket you can move the prior two nodes near zealots oath and the str node between the staff cluster and the Devotion life nodes to an extra spell damage node between the elemental damage and Light of Divinity. same number of passive points.

just a thought
Thanks for the build. I will try it on my first character, also HC ^^
"
I was looking at the passive tree and noticed an efficiency improvement by the Templar section. you go from the fire and life/chaos area straight down to spell damage. if you go out the left side of the life/chaos wheel and in passed the jewel socket you can move the prior two nodes near zealots oath and the str node between the staff cluster and the Devotion life nodes to an extra spell damage node between the elemental damage and Light of Divinity. same number of passive points.

just a thought

you can't take out those two int nodes because you need the one closest to the gem to use another rolling flames.
what gear u was using armor or es?
I'm currently going with this build, but it looks to me that the first jewel socket doesn't cover 50 INT. Am I not seeing it, or is it not why you use that specific jewel there?
Hey, thanks for sharing your build.

I tried it since i had a free respec, and i was thinking "well, no evasion, no mitigation, no regeneration... i must be missing something"... and i guess i wasnt.
Everything that gets to you, kills you. So i dropped all life nodes between templar and marauder, and went to shadow tree, got the life nodes, elemental nodes, and vaal pact.
plus i grabbed the +1 curse node, grabbed elemental equilibrium, and i am using orb of storms + CoH + Warlords Mark + Flamability.

That way you may consider dropping clarity and AA, and using anger, or anger + clarity, not sure how this would work. You can also grab mind over matter, idk, but this way you have a lot of options and way more survivability IMO.

Just my thoughts.
"
Scarfa33 wrote:
Hey, thanks for sharing your build.

I tried it since i had a free respec, and i was thinking "well, no evasion, no mitigation, no regeneration... i must be missing something"... and i guess i wasnt.
Everything that gets to you, kills you. So i dropped all life nodes between templar and marauder, and went to shadow tree, got the life nodes, elemental nodes, and vaal pact.
plus i grabbed the +1 curse node, grabbed elemental equilibrium, and i am using orb of storms + CoH + Warlords Mark + Flamability.

That way you may consider dropping clarity and AA, and using anger, or anger + clarity, not sure how this would work. You can also grab mind over matter, idk, but this way you have a lot of options and way more survivability IMO.

Just my thoughts.

Im lvl 85 now, and this is my passive tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAN1BLMHHgj0DkgPqxBYES0RlhZvFr8Yaho4Gmwc3B_HIvQkiySqJpUnLyj6KjgqjSt4LJwtizbYNuk6WDrYPV9Bh0SrRZ1GUkkbSVFSU1NSVEdVS1WuVcZWSFgHWHdd8l8EYeJmVGpDa3psC20ZeC98g3zlf8aCEIKbgseFe4dljDaPGo9Gj6aQVZErkyeVLpf0mK2aO5rgm6Gdrp7En9-hL6IApr6nCKyYtz64k7zqvorAVMBmwzrIv9QH1abYJNi93I3fsOFz42rkIuvu7DjsVe0873zw1fFs99f56PxM_go=?accountName=Scarfa33&characterName=GinnyWizley

Next points i plan to get the jewel socket from vaal pact, and then a lot of life nodes. after 92 or 95 i would grab snowforged

this is my gear:

Spoiler

Winds of change is OP for this build, emberwake help a lot with bosses.
I plan to get an amulet with higher life and + spell dmg, or maybe an amulet with shitloads of resistances, and then I'd drop lightnning warp setup and uses a kaom's heart. hmm, that sounds nice.
I'm currently also trying to figure out the passive tree after the reset and what to do with the additional points since we don't need to allocate Int for Rolling Flames anymore. Is it worth going for the lower part of the left staff wheel (block notes)? I'm using Pledge of hands.

Also, is it worth going for the second Aoe wheel (Amplify) since I'm near it anyways?

EDIT: I'm also using Concentrated Effect support. So I guess, I need to go for the 2nd aoe wheel since Rolling Flames is now limited to 2?
Last edited by DolGuldur_2 on Mar 5, 2017, 4:44:33 AM
Bump...still need some advice with the passive tree. I don't want to screw up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info