[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
Jajin wrote:
Hi,
I have suggestion about power charges generation.
If you respec 5 points, you will lose 2 power charges (100% inc crit), power charge duration and some spell dmg per power charge (8% inc spell dmg), but you can gain 10% curse effectivness and 1 more curse on enemies. With this you can use Temp chains for slowing down enemies for better survavibility and Assasins mark for generating power charges and getting mana back for kill.

You cannot use Assassin's Mark with totems for power charges. The power charges are awarded to the totem, not you. And since they have a max. amount of charges of 0, nothing really happens. It's the reason I ditched my original plan of going blasphemy dual-curse with temp chains & assassin's mark. Temp chains looks so tempting to hold mobs in place.

This was the tree I laid out for a Blasphemy - Temp Chains - Assassin's Mark - Enlighten Setup. The reduced mana reservation nodes are needed so that you can still run Discipline. I think Heretic's Veil with Temp Chains - Assassin's Mark - Enlighten - Discipline would be the dream:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAFvBUJObQ5cES0RUBXXGyUc3B0UIvQqEyycLL8y0TW5NsU8BT1fQZaVLkVHRX5LrkyzTq5SU1ZjWOVaK1xrXl1mnmr6bAttGXyDf8aD84RIhq6LepwyjHaOZI8aj0aP-pMnl5WX9Jo7n9-hL6PypwinK6eUrhKus7E2tvq3MbmTvorAZqXE217DCcNtJNjQH9D10f3Vptgk2Vtwu-L36QLVgevu6_XsGO0873zv6_Id96b60gKW0nySbrxWqLkMUu1hnHsXL2TnVdaApJuhGGp4L3zlWAdJUfDVEZaFbQceFkCFfSBuUDD53YuMwJoJqtn8

Has someone tried Ball Lightning - PCoC - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark/Enfeeble? Might be able to kill two birds with one stone.
Last edited by Guenselmann on Sep 14, 2016, 10:01:11 AM
"
hardell wrote:
"
viperesque wrote:
Stats for CI added. We're getting there.

You broke your template, videos are now in the CI stats spoiler.

Whoops, thanks for the catch. Making edits when you're completely knackered is not a good idea huh?
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Why controlled destruction, instead of Increased Critical Damage?

"
Guenselmann wrote:

Has someone tried Ball Lightning - PCoC - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark/Enfeeble? Might be able to kill two birds with one stone.

Use Orb of storm - PCoC - Curse on Hit - curse, like all inq builds.
Last edited by Moksu on Sep 14, 2016, 4:37:58 PM
Hi, looking at playing a new totem build! Last league I played crit flame totem and really enjoyed the play style. I think this looks really cool and looks like it maps well also. However I wonder how well it does high level content such as uber lab / aztiri / shaper. The other build I am looking into is warchief totems and there are a few of those with videos of clears. I think this looks more fun for maping so maybe I will level both and use the other more as a bossing character but I was curious on your thoughts if this could do them.

Also any thoughts on beast fur shawl? Seems like a great unique for the build, radius + spell damage + high ES. (looking to play CI if I play this build)

Thanks for the thoughts, build looks great!
"
Moksu wrote:
Why controlled destruction, instead of Increased Critical Damage?

Random unbuffed stats with low (but equal) level gems:

Increased Critical Damage:

Controlled Destruction:

That's why, and the disparity would only get worse with better gear (i.e. every extra bit of crit multi would make Increased Critical Damage relatively worse). Isn't Controlled Destruction a sensible and well-designed gem?

"
xFish wrote:
Hi, looking at playing a new totem build! Last league I played crit flame totem and really enjoyed the play style. I think this looks really cool and looks like it maps well also. However I wonder how well it does high level content such as uber lab / aztiri / shaper. The other build I am looking into is warchief totems and there are a few of those with videos of clears. I think this looks more fun for maping so maybe I will level both and use the other more as a bossing character but I was curious on your thoughts if this could do them.

Atziri is quick and easy, will upload a run this weekend. Uber should be fine, the only potentially sketchy part is trio. I will test it when my gear is a bit better, cause tbh I am not the most skilled player. :D

Uber lab is easy, but not god tier speed (obviously — no Pathfinder here!).

Shaper should be no different to Warchief. Won't be able to test for a while (playing in Essence so not unlimited currency, and juggling job and life and PoE so haven't gotten that far yet), but I can't think of any relevant difference between the builds for Shaper, except that we have Whirling Blades.

"
Also any thoughts on beast fur shawl? Seems like a great unique for the build, radius + spell damage + high ES. (looking to play CI if I play this build)

It's fine, but a lot more expensive than a good rare Vaal (at least for a 6L) and IMO slightly worse. If the rest of your gear is godly and you just want to one-shot Uber or something, then sure.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Sep 14, 2016, 8:02:12 PM
Just wanted to thank you for a wonderful in-depth guide that seems to wreck anything on screen!
"
Guenselmann wrote:

You cannot use Assassin's Mark with totems for power charges. The power charges are awarded to the totem, not you. And since they have a max. amount of charges of 0, nothing really happens. It's the reason I ditched my original plan of going blasphemy dual-curse with temp chains & assassin's mark. Temp chains looks so tempting to hold mobs in place.

Thanks for clearing this topic for me.
So then I will try to do CI version of this build (Anger + Discipline), while using Orb of strorms - Pcoc for generating charges and and self casting Flamability or Temp chains when needed.

I am impatiently waiting for leveling tips and gear discussion for CI :-)
"
Jajin wrote:

48 hours, hopefully. Just give me till the weekend.

I just did a fleet Colosseum and Daresso was the easiest thing ever. Should have been recording!
"
Jajin wrote:

If you are impatient like me and play softcore, leveling for CI shouldn't be too different :) I took only the life nodes near Templar (Discipline and Training, Purity of Flesh) and then I've been following the CI tree, using FB totems since I got FB. If you can afford a Tabula, even better - most stuff will just go boom before it can really hurt you.

The totem costs so little mana that you don't really need Clarity, even with a 6L (since you'll have a bunch of Intelligence), and you can use Discipline + whatever other aura/blasphemy from the start. I suppose if I played HC I'd use Disc+Enfeeble or Temp Chains, but since I'm on SC I've just been using Disc+Anger and self-casting Temp Chains for bosses/tough rares.

Wearing hybrid life/ES gear and the Tabula as I level means I'm rather squishy, but leveling is pretty fast. You only have to be careful when you know you'll face things that hit hard and fast (Lunaris 2, pretty much the whole of Act4, etc.) and use your totems to scout. A Stibnite flask helps a lot too - pop that and whirl away when things get hairy.
Last edited by Faldrath on Sep 15, 2016, 8:19:54 AM
Am quite interested in this build was thinking though of trying to go low life which i feel would fit in well with the build maybe?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info