[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
KageKami wrote:
"
viperesque wrote:
As others have mentioned, cost is indeed the main issue. I'm barely noticing the loss of Carcass Jack, the survivability is better, the damage is better. *shrug*
Dang wish i had started with CI in mind, got a bit of respecing to do later. Anyways, thanks for the guide man.

EDIT: Also why the controlled destruction? The -crit chance seems counter productive, are there no better gems?

Without getting too much into the math of it the MORE multiplier on spell damage more than makes up for the small amount of crit you lose using the gem. You'll notice that a lot of crit focused builds use CD for this reason.
Nachos? Yes.
I'm currently playing Flameblast totems, i played this 2 leagues back, but that constant summoning totems was big drawback, right now it's amazing.

Crit hierophant, why? i can summon 3 totems!!! and still do damage from other sources. As far i see i'm doing the same damage as you per totem, 3972 with increased area, but with one more totem.
I'm also using fire penetration in my 6-L setup, at level 88 and running T10 maps had no trouble, bosses die seconds.
Hierophant gives me Endurance and power charges too.

I have to change my gear but, so far so good.
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
"
Rowen_Edge wrote:
"
KageKami wrote:
"
viperesque wrote:
As others have mentioned, cost is indeed the main issue. I'm barely noticing the loss of Carcass Jack, the survivability is better, the damage is better. *shrug*
Dang wish i had started with CI in mind, got a bit of respecing to do later. Anyways, thanks for the guide man.

EDIT: Also why the controlled destruction? The -crit chance seems counter productive, are there no better gems?

Without getting too much into the math of it the MORE multiplier on spell damage more than makes up for the small amount of crit you lose using the gem. You'll notice that a lot of crit focused builds use CD for this reason.
Interesting, didnt know that, thanks.
Wondering if going hierophant kaom's heart/searing touch with MoM would work for this build
Interresting Build.

At the moment I am rerolling a Totem Marauder. Primarly for Flame Totem, but Flameblast looks also very pleasing.

Biggest issue would be the Penetration tho. But Leech and Taunting totems is also nice.

edit:

After some thoughts about this, gems for a Marauder Bloodmagic setup: Pizza - Spell Totem - FC - Inc Crit - Fire Pen - AOE/Conc.

Damage would be lower but you're leeching and your totems are taunting & immune to fire damage/reflect (QoL).

If needed/wished a Essence Worm with Anger or Hase would be possible. As Chest Carcass or Infernal Mantle.

nothing relevant here

If I had these in essence... tho :/

Tree

Any suggestions?

ps: I don't want a Templar Totem Guy. :D
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Last edited by eviL_Bison on Sep 13, 2016, 12:21:35 PM
I am looking forward to watching this build progress. I am leveling this as my 3rd character ever going for my first ever CI character because I see people talking about how good it is. We shall see how it goes.
So I search POE.trade for daggers with cast speed.

NOTHING shows up.

Even if that is my only mod that I am searching for.

Offline, online, buyout only, no buyout, nothing shows up.

Are these hard to find?

I'm newish, so go easy on me.
"

NOTHING shows up.

Are these hard to find?

That would because Cast speed cannot naturally appear on a dagger. The only way to get a dagger with cast speed is to craft it with one of the Misery Essences from the current temp league.
"

NOTHING shows up.

Are these hard to find?

I don't know what you're doing wrong but there are a ton for sale on both E and HCE. I guess you're looking on standard?
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Last edited by Moridin79 on Sep 13, 2016, 4:01:09 PM
"
Moridin79 wrote:
"

NOTHING shows up.

Are these hard to find?

I don't know what you're doing wrong but there are a ton for sale on both E and HCE. I guess you're looking on standard?

I see.

Thanks for your responses guys.

Yes, I'm looking on standard.

That would explain it! :)

thanks again!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info