[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

How do you get the 30% cast speed bonus from Instruments of Virtue? Both guides use Ice Spear for PC generation in between placing totems. Wouldn't using an attack instead of a spell better?
Secrets finally out on this build, eh?

Nice guide Viper, as usual.
Nachos? Yes.
"
History35453 wrote:
HI if possible could you create also a tree for Witch Flameblast Totem?

Do you want crit or noncrit? :D

"
And is a crit version better than non crit?

I have theorycrafted noncrit trees for Chieftain and Elementalist and found them to be pretty unimpressive looking. You can get so much more damage by going crit for essentially no cost (as you can't really pick up much extra tankiness when you go noncrit), and reflect is a non-issue anyway.

"
treirk wrote:
Can u write a small text with tree of CI and tips plx

EDIT: I recent read ur last post , but i dont see CI tree , i dont need the guide only the tree to rock!

Level 90 tree and sample gear for CI are now posted, more detailed stuff to come soon.

"
hardell wrote:
How do you get the 30% cast speed bonus from Instruments of Virtue? Both guides use Ice Spear for PC generation in between placing totems. Wouldn't using an attack instead of a spell better?

Whirling Blades. The issue with using an attack for PCoC is that your crit chance and accuracy will both be very low (and low accuracy means your crit chance is even lower due to the confirmation roll). I have tried it in the past with totem builds and it has just sucked.

"
Rowen_Edge wrote:
Secrets finally out on this build, eh?

Nice guide Viper, as usual.

Thanks! That said, this build has been possible in its current state for what, a week? I know people played around with it beforehand, just constantly recasting the totems, but that feels super clunky and a bit slow to clear.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
@viperesque

Have you considered void bringers for both es variant and life variant versions as it gives the same amount of crit as 3 power charges freeing up some skill point or enhancing crit to be almost capped - I'm doing a very similar build to you and took some inspiration from your power charge generator - old but gold and forgotten- fully buffed I'm sitting at 75% crit but the trade off is that I need to run clarity and a man a flask instead of anger - care to critique?

PS. Also have to run enfeeble blaph as phys mitigation is low and need protection from crits that would otherwise 1 shot 3k life @lvl 73
Last edited by olympiakospk1 on Sep 12, 2016, 9:33:42 PM
I find non-crit Hierophant to perform well enough. You can check my gear/tree in my profile under the Templar named CASTINGFLAMEBLAST.

Pizza totems t10

You aren't using Vaal Haste. I suggest trying to fit that into your build as it makes clearing maps quicker.
Are there any drawbacks to going CI for this build? To me it just seems straight up better. You lose out on totemic zeal/mastery and the fire damage wheel sure but gain a lot of extra crit nodes you wouldnt otherwise get. Only things i can think of is no carcass jack and and the gear might be more costly when going for high ES gear. Started life based but probably will swap over to CI at some point.
Last edited by KageKami on Sep 12, 2016, 11:43:11 PM
"
KageKami wrote:
Are there any drawbacks to going CI for this build? To me it just seems straight up better. You lose out on totemic zeal/mastery and the fire damage wheel sure but gain a lot of extra crit nodes you wouldnt otherwise get. Only things i can think of is no carcass jack and and the gear might be more costly when going for high ES gear. Started life based but probably will swap over to CI at some point.

I'm leveling it as CI with no issues. But yes, it's going to be far more expensive.
Nachos? Yes.
"
Rowen_Edge wrote:
"
KageKami wrote:

I'm leveling it as CI with no issues. But yes, it's going to be far more expensive.
Shouldnt be too bad to get a decent level of ES if you go dagger + spirit shield instead of dual daggers. Cast speed loss might hurt though.
"
olympiakospk1 wrote:
@viperesque

Have you considered void bringers for both es variant and life variant versions as it gives the same amount of crit as 3 power charges freeing up some skill point or enhancing crit to be almost capped - I'm doing a very similar build to you and took some inspiration from your power charge generator - old but gold and forgotten- fully buffed I'm sitting at 75% crit but the trade off is that I need to run clarity and a man a flask instead of anger - care to critique?

Voidbringers seem like the "ideal" gloves to use, but they're tough to support as you say. I really want to be using them right now but the rest of my gear isn't up to it. With enough mana regen on jewelry (besides the attributes and resists I'm also currently leaning on my gloves for) you could use them without having to compromise on flasks or auras. When I write up the CI gearing section properly they will get a prominent mention.

"
Ofnir_ wrote:
I find non-crit Hierophant to perform well enough. You can check my gear/tree in my profile under the Templar named CASTINGFLAMEBLAST.

Pizza totems t10

That actually looks a lot better than I thought it would! Basically the same as mine, and probably played better. I guess the issue is just more hassle with the odd high-resist mob or map?

"
You aren't using Vaal Haste. I suggest trying to fit that into your build as it makes clearing maps quicker.

Fair point. I do too much alt-tabbing and attention wandering to want to use it myself, but it does seem strictly correct. Will mention it.

"
KageKami wrote:

As others have mentioned, cost is indeed the main issue. I'm barely noticing the loss of Carcass Jack, the survivability is better, the damage is better. *shrug*
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
"
viperesque wrote:
As others have mentioned, cost is indeed the main issue. I'm barely noticing the loss of Carcass Jack, the survivability is better, the damage is better. *shrug*
Dang wish i had started with CI in mind, got a bit of respecing to do later. Anyways, thanks for the guide man.

EDIT: Also why the controlled destruction? The -crit chance seems counter productive, are there no better gems?
Last edited by KageKami on Sep 13, 2016, 9:35:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info