[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

Planning on starting Bestiary with this build. Any potential pitfalls you can think of that I should watch out for?
Trying to decide between this and Heavy Strike Slayer for the start of next league. What are your thoughts on this as a budget / starter in terms of getting off the ground quickly? My only concern with the Heavy Striker is that it requires a few uniques like Tidehunter, where this seems to not have any hard gear requirements to get going.

Any existing vendor recipes that would be helpful for leveling etc., or just focus on trying to find casting speed?

Also, and perhaps most importantly, what totem skin looks best for these?
Last edited by Mo_Steel on Mar 1, 2018, 12:18:28 AM
Could this build work with a GC totems set up in the 6l?

What would we need to change on the tree?
Really wanna give this a shot again with soul mantle and fated atziri shield. Wanted to do freezing pulse or frostbolt, but flameblast should have so much better single target that i might go for it. Slightly afraid about cast speed without inquis.. gonna be tough to get decently fast cast speed to clear maps quickly
Wiki says:
Burn on kill: While Herald of Ash is active, when an enemy is killed by an attack (but not a spell), enemies within a radius from the killed enemy are burned based on the overkill damage.
"
sharbe wrote:
so why does pob say 10-stack FB totem has a multiplier of 0.1? quite weird.

I'm not sure what you mean?

"
Nuraihyon wrote:
Planning on starting Bestiary with this build. Any potential pitfalls you can think of that I should watch out for?

Main one is if you think the build feels shit, go GC and wait until you have more cast speed. Or just stay with GC, it's an easy fallback with a very similar build if you don't end up liking this.

"
Mo_Steel wrote:
Trying to decide between this and Heavy Strike Slayer for the start of next league. What are your thoughts on this as a budget / starter in terms of getting off the ground quickly? My only concern with the Heavy Striker is that it requires a few uniques like Tidehunter, where this seems to not have any hard gear requirements to get going.

Yeah this is going to get off the ground much faster. The only gear requirement is cast speed, which is easy enough to get. You can roll through low maps pretty fast because the base damage is so high.

"
Any existing vendor recipes that would be helpful for leveling etc., or just focus on trying to find casting speed?

+1 fire weapon early on I guess?

"
Also, and perhaps most importantly, what totem skin looks best for these?

I like to keep it simple with Tiki, but Arcane Tome or Ziggurat might be good if you want something a bit flashier.

"
Idlehanz wrote:
Could this build work with a GC totems set up in the 6l?

What would we need to change on the tree?

Sure. Don't need to change the tree at all, just gems and less focus on cast speed on gear.

"
Budacek wrote:
Really wanna give this a shot again with soul mantle and fated atziri shield. Wanted to do freezing pulse or frostbolt, but flameblast should have so much better single target that i might go for it. Slightly afraid about cast speed without inquis.. gonna be tough to get decently fast cast speed to clear maps quickly

Pretty easy to compensate for honestly. As long as you have over 10 casts per second you're fine.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Wanna do bunch of elders this league and still remain somewhat relevant with clearspeed. Flameblast seems to be the best balance between aoe clear and good single target gonna give it a go. Thanks
Hi there, I'm looking to start this league with your guide (or J U G G T O N I C) but I prefer GC over flameblast. What gems do I need to change? I'm kind of noobish when it comes to PoE and need everything explained :O

Best regards
"
ShiningMeow wrote:
Wiki says:
Burn on kill: While Herald of Ash is active, when an enemy is killed by an attack (but not a spell), enemies within a radius from the killed enemy are burned based on the overkill damage.

3.2 Herald of Ash works with spells.

"
BREgATRON wrote:
Hi there, I'm looking to start this league with your guide (or J U G G T O N I C) but I prefer GC over flameblast. What gems do I need to change? I'm kind of noobish when it comes to PoE and need everything explained :O

Best regards

Flameblast out, GC in.
Faster casting out, critical damage in.
Fire pen out, cold pen in.

Herald of Ash out, Hatred in.

Socket 2x Long Winter.

Don't worry so much about cast speed on gear.

That's it!
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
"
viperesque wrote:

Flameblast out, GC in.
Faster casting out, critical damage in.
Fire pen out, cold pen in.

Herald of Ash out, Hatred in.

Socket 2x Long Winter.

Don't worry so much about cast speed on gear.

That's it!

You da real MVP, thanks a lot!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info