[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
KawaiiLoli wrote:
"
Mordrigar wrote:
Hello! I'm still playing with this build and managed to reach 89.

I still have some survivability problems. My resists are capped. Also I feel totems are taking too much time to blast.

My cast speed is like ~112% But I hear that people are over 180% how is that even possible?

Feel free to suggest me items. I'm terrible at item searching. Direct links from poe.trade will be great.

Also, I'm still not doing good in breaches. Don't know how to improve that.

Spoiler

You should have shield.
Drop stibnite for rumi or jade.
Get basalt on any slot.
Get vaal haste.
112% is good enough and going a lot above is very hard (items you want won't appear on poe.trade)
Get valyrium.
Your jewels should be crit multi focused.
There's A LOT of surv fixes already but other than that, you can try placing FB totems better and more intelligently.

Fuck shield. By now I've realized what this build can and can't do and a shield wont enable to do what you can't do anyway, and will just slow you down at what you're good at.

You will never be good in breeches. You can go 50 ex 12k es budget with Pious Path and Elemental Prolif and you will still be raped in 1 of 4 breeches (unless you run 0 affix maps or smth) which is not sustainable, so stay the fuck out of breeches unless you have a deathwish. Stack cast speed, as much as you can. Enemies cant attack you when they're dead.

Stop slacking off, this build is not for lazy people, one bad whirl will kill you no matter the gear you posses. Valyrium is a must. When engaging a pack, place a totem to the right or left then whirl in a tangential line to the pack in the other direction so that ranged attack are split between you, your totem and the golem which charges straight in, if it's a hard pack place a second totem. If you see yourself falling below 50% ES immediately retreat.

Before opening strongboxes always use an anti freeze flask and place two totems, then whirl the fuck away.
Make sure you have a high uptime on flasks and 100% uptime on instruments and totem placement 100% crit buff (and power charges, duh). Use this gear for reference:

Buy stuff with 25% worse stats and you can gear yourself to be t16 ready with no dmg mods. Naturally capped resis are still a must. Remember, for buying gear that Implicit rolls dont matter as you can reforge them blessed orbs for a few pennies.
Last edited by Vallenhael on Mar 24, 2017, 6:09:09 AM
I've played this build, and love it. What i'm wondering, and why no one has brought it up so far, is why no one has thought of using the Gifts From Above ring...imagine!
"
themotleyman wrote:
I've played this build, and love it. What i'm wondering, and why no one has brought it up so far, is why no one has thought of using the Gifts From Above ring...imagine!

Because as far as I know, YOU never crit, your totems do. And you already oneshot everything except bosses with your crits anyway, no need to stack further dmg multiplyer on conc ground. Also, since one ring slot is already taken, the other provides excellent defensess, cast speed and resis, which is overall a much better QoL option than Gifts.
"
Vallenhael wrote:
"
KawaiiLoli wrote:
"
Mordrigar wrote:

I still have some survivability problems. My resists are capped. Also I feel totems are taking too much time to blast.

My cast speed is like ~112% But I hear that people are over 180% how is that even possible?

Feel free to suggest me items. I'm terrible at item searching. Direct links from poe.trade will be great.

Spoiler

You should have shield.
Get basalt on any slot.
Get vaal haste.
112% is good enough and going a lot above is very hard (items you want won't appear on poe.trade)
Get valyrium.
There's A LOT of surv fixes already but other than that, you can try placing FB totems better and more intelligently.

Fuck shield. By now I've realized what this build can and can't do and a shield wont enable to do what you can't do anyway, and will just slow you down at what you're good at.

You will never be good in breeches. You can go 50 ex 12k es budget with Pious Path and Elemental Prolif and you will still be raped in 1 of 4 breeches (unless you run 0 affix maps or smth) which is not sustainable, so stay the fuck out of breeches unless you have a deathwish. Stack cast speed, as much as you can. Enemies cant attack you when they're dead.

Stop slacking off, this build is not for lazy people, one bad whirl will kill you no matter the gear you posses. Valyrium is a must. When engaging a pack, place a totem to the right or left then whirl in a tangential line to the pack in the other direction so that ranged attack are split between you, your totem and the golem which charges straight in, if it's a hard pack place a second totem. If you see yourself falling below 50% ES immediately retreat.

Before opening strongboxes always use an anti freeze flask and place two totems, then whirl the fuck away.
Make sure you have a high uptime on flasks and 100% uptime on instruments and totem placement 100% crit buff (and power charges, duh). Use this gear for reference:

Buy stuff with 25% worse stats and you can gear yourself to be t16 ready with no dmg mods. Naturally capped resis are still a must. Remember, for buying gear that Implicit rolls dont matter as you can reforge them blessed orbs for a few pennies.

I agree about breach. Stay away from breach or play safe and place yourself outside the breach and snipe with totem at the breach border. Currently using this build in ssf, where bis item is unavailable , breach is insane coupled with insane map mod. I learned my lesson the hard way when doing breach with speed mod and extra projectiles mod. My crappy 6k es just gone in 2 sec.
"
Vallenhael wrote:
"
KawaiiLoli wrote:
"
Mordrigar wrote:

Spoiler

You should have shield.
Get basalt on any slot.
Get vaal haste.
Get valyrium.

-Shield is good, will save you from rips and defense can work as clearspeed even when you are aiming to not get hit. Not to mention 100% crit on shield affix makes it borderline same thing as weapon.

-Shield is good, will save you from rips and defense can work as clearspeed even when you are aiming to not get hit. Not to mention 100% crit on shield affix makes it borderline same thing as weapon.
Shield is for hitting best xp/hr, top ladder and 100.

-You will get good in breaches in 3-4days of SSF and breaches are good if you are aiming for more XP/HR. Flameblast is pretty good for breaches and you only have to try to dodge the frost blades attack you can see in cold breach. I run triple/quad dmg mod breach in t12-14 just fine in HC.

-Whirling into middle of mob pack isn't build issue, it's a gameplay issue you should've fixed asap. At least with FB totems you are supposed to shield charge to dodge and then drop totem. You don't drop below 50% es unless you are tanking a mob back and that kind of sitaution where you fuck up so badly probably requires a log already.

-Intelligent placement on boxes (freeze flask is obvious for every poe build) and moving away should be borderline human reflexes.
100% Inc crit strikes on totem placement node/cluster might not be worth it as on some of the best build variations it's not taken.
Last edited by KawaiiLoli on Mar 24, 2017, 9:35:56 PM
which gems are worth upping to 20%?
which gems are worth vaaling at lvl 20 and 20%?

Is there any gems that are good at lvl 1 and 20%?
"
KawaiiLoli wrote:

Shield is for hitting best xp/hr, top ladder and 100.

-You will get good in breaches in 3-4days of SSF and breaches are good if you are aiming for more XP/HR. Flameblast is pretty good for breaches and you only have to try to dodge the frost blades attack you can see in cold breach. I run triple/quad dmg mod breach in t12-14 just fine in HC.

-Whirling into middle of mob pack isn't build issue, it's a gameplay issue you should've fixed asap. At least with FB totems you are supposed to shield charge to dodge and then drop totem. You don't drop below 50% es unless you are tanking a mob back and that kind of sitaution where you fuck up so badly probably requires a log already.

-Intelligent placement on boxes (freeze flask is obvious for every poe build) and moving away should be borderline human reflexes.
100% Inc crit strikes on totem placement node/cluster might not be worth it as on some of the best build variations it's not taken.

Shields are an unnecessary crutch and I stay by it. The main endgame issue I currently have is that dps is pretty much capped at 800k with flasks and about 600k without it which is very low. Rolling a shield is easyly another 10% loss. I already have a shaper transition phase in p3 and it is annoying the hell out of me and with a shield I might actually get 2. I already never die outside of t16+ bosses, and there 600 more es and 10% more block are unlikely to save me if I fuck up. Past 10,5k ES (Shapers Lazer) stacking ES is really more of cushioning fails than enabling clears. Also, when you wanna clear stuff quickly you drop ALL the time. And that's fine, staying back costs time, you just need to know exactly how much you can push. Tbh lately I even push past 50% and only stop to reg at below 30 since I know there is nothing there that will do 6k ES before I can react. Every minute saved on a t16 run is another 4 chaos orbs.

Shield is only good for 2 cases: HC play and SSF. Everyone else levels in poorjoys anyway since it 3 times faster than regular leveling. Shield is pretty much useless there since you cant die anyway if you play moderatly smart with decent people.

When you are optimizing yourself for shaper/t16/uber atziri speed clears shields are detrimental. Also the "best" build variations is a very broad term, if by best you mean safest, sure. For me best is the one with the highest dmg and sufficient surv for high-endgame bosses.

Also I wont believe you that you are good in breeches until I see you in a t14 3ple dmg mod breech going balls deep into the enemies. The issue I have is not with dodging but with an average totem lifespan of 0,3 seconds in open areas. Go ahead and do a shaped coves breach with full enemy clearing onslaught (20% more item rarity) and a few dmg mods and show me how you do not suck in breaches. Sure you can do cowards tactics stay back and pick your fights but why bother with breaches at all then?! Better just run a combination of bloodlines, nemesis, onslaught and beyond.
Last edited by Vallenhael on Mar 25, 2017, 5:08:49 AM
"
Z4kki wrote:
which gems are worth upping to 20%?
which gems are worth vaaling at lvl 20 and 20%?

Is there any gems that are good at lvl 1 and 20%?

Whirling blades is fine at lvl 1 20%. So is burning rush. Faster casting you definitely wanna get 20/20 for both and preferably 20/23 (3qual>1lvl for caster casting). EVERYTHING in your main 6L is worth getting 21/20 on eventually, but I'd pick the order: FB>Critstrikes>Faster casting>Spell totem>CD/EF/EP>Conc. effect>Increased area of effect (here 20/20 is fine no need to vaal). Also anger and discipline 21 without qual are kinda cool in endgame
For life base , which is better ? Orignal tree or tokohama build ?
Hey everyone

I could really use some help.

I'm currently lvl 86. My dps seems ok still. But i have a lot of moments where i just get one shotted by a lot of various things.

Spiders with crit mod one shot me in T8 maps.
Normal mob packs that get my shield down pretty much instant (i'm life build, but it matters)

Mapping is still somewhat new to me so i'm not really experienced with all the mods and the potential leathal combo's it might provide to the monsters.

1st question: What kind of mod stacking should I avoid as a life based pizza delivery boy?

I know 0 regeneration is just asking for trouble so i useally reroll these pretty instant.
I also tend to avoid monster +movement speed, cast speed, crit chance/multi combo.

2nd question: How can I improve my health pool?

I'm sitting at roughly 5k hp / 1.6k es right now.
There's not much for sale on poe.trade that offers me really great boosts on my healthpool, or they cost a fortune to get. Is this a normal trend for life based builds? I have about 3 exalts worth of currency.

Maybe I should switch to CI? I have a lot of regrets stacked up and still all my passive refunds left.

3rd question: How important is damage reduction for life based pizza blaster?

I'm pretty sure one reason i'm taking big hits is because i'm dual wielding daggers. But what about dmg reduction? I have only 9% right now. Even changing to full armor gear would only get me to 15-20%
and i would have to add str to equip it somehow.

Maybe my gear is just bad in general?

dps: 2.7k buffed without charges / 3.1k buffed, 4 charges
Cast speed: 180/200%
Crit chance: 56% no charges / 70% 4 charges
Hp: 4947
Es: 1645
Armor: 1182
Dmg reduction: 9%

Spoiler

Last edited by Alpropos on Mar 25, 2017, 8:56:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account: