[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

I was fortunate enough to see a Tukohama's Fortress droped so I looked into the alternative build for this unique item.

Can someone be gentle enough to explain me why we pick "Mind Over Matter" and "Eldritch Battery" in this build?

1) Since I don't have mana because of "Blood Magic" from the Tukohama, does that mean that "Mind Over Matter" is a flat -30% damage reduction without any negative effect?

2) And what about "Eldritch Battery" ? what do I care to protect my mana with an energy shield?

3) Should I still use reserved mana skills like Anger ?

I'm sure those I noob question but I would like to understand the reasons. :)
Last edited by Norseman on Mar 25, 2017, 9:55:31 AM
Hello there.
Was trying to load the CI Pious Path version passive tree, but got into the CI normal passive tree.

I'm a huge fun of regen since I got myself into ZO builds with inquisitor.
I'm getting some issues on what to get.

maybe something like this?
PassiveTree-CI-ZO
http://www.poeplanner.com/AAYAAOMVFABvwGat8RhdPO9o8nwOp1VboDwFn9_vfJo77TzVpoKbRUcy0evufIOnlF5d0f2nCNgkNsWD80ShrhKPRh0U-tL3wWaeWOVaK6PywxO3MYx2FkCFfYVt1YEk2BEtLJwFQkGW0PWus0yzl5VSU5f0PV9tGRFQNbmnK9lbGyVLrukCHNy4kyj6gsf56Gh02mIYVo8aV8kNfIt6AW_i94RIXGvDbSL0bAuTJ3_GEZbsGCy_FdeGrlZjDkhd8isKES8qC3BSidOMNiBuUDDQH-_rwcVPBEPI216OZPemtvqxNk6uAAAAAAA=

If you have any suggestions, i'll take them!

Thanks in advance!
"
Norseman wrote:
I was fortunate enough to see a Tukohama's Fortress droped so I looked into the alternative build for this unique item.

Can someone be gentle enough to explain me why we pick "Mind Over Matter" and "Eldritch Battery" in this build?

1) Since I don't have mana because of "Blood Magic" from the Tukohama, does that mean that "Mind Over Matter" is a flat -30% damage reduction without any negative effect?

2) And what about "Eldritch Battery" ? what do I care to protect my mana with an energy shield?

3) Should I still use reserved mana skills like Anger ?

I'm sure those I noob question but I would like to understand the reasons. :)

If u want to reserve your life with Anger, go head.
If you use that shield and still want a aura, get Essence Worm.
"
Vallenhael wrote:
"
Z4kki wrote:
which gems are worth upping to 20%?
which gems are worth vaaling at lvl 20 and 20%?

Is there any gems that are good at lvl 1 and 20%?

Whirling blades is fine at lvl 1 20%. So is burning rush. Faster casting you definitely wanna get 20/20 for both and preferably 20/23 (3qual>1lvl for caster casting). EVERYTHING in your main 6L is worth getting 21/20 on eventually, but I'd pick the order: FB>Critstrikes>Faster casting>Spell totem>CD/EF/EP>Conc. effect>Increased area of effect (here 20/20 is fine no need to vaal). Also anger and discipline 21 without qual are kinda cool in endgame

What is burning rush?
Hey guys,

I picked up a few valuable items in the last few days, including an exalt, reliquary key and a Sin's Rebirth. Since I'm playing elementalist flameblast totem, but am still quite new to the game (first season I've reached level 80+, currently on 84).
With the newfound ~7 exalts worth of stuff, I was wondering what I could buy for my character. How big of a deal is the 6th link? I have a 5-link Carcass Jack and don't know if it's worth upgrading. Is Tukohama's Fortress a very big upgrade, or is it not worth going broke over?

Thanks in advance!
"
Z4kki wrote:
"
Vallenhael wrote:
"
Z4kki wrote:
which gems are worth upping to 20%?
which gems are worth vaaling at lvl 20 and 20%?

Is there any gems that are good at lvl 1 and 20%?

Whirling blades is fine at lvl 1 20%. So is burning rush. Faster casting you definitely wanna get 20/20 for both and preferably 20/23 (3qual>1lvl for caster casting). EVERYTHING in your main 6L is worth getting 21/20 on eventually, but I'd pick the order: FB>Critstrikes>Faster casting>Spell totem>CD/EF/EP>Conc. effect>Increased area of effect (here 20/20 is fine no need to vaal). Also anger and discipline 21 without qual are kinda cool in endgame

What is burning rush?

Sorry, flame dash. Burning rush was wow, too much nerding around
"
Alpropos wrote:
Hey everyone

I could really use some help.

I'm currently lvl 86. My dps seems ok still. But i have a lot of moments where i just get one shotted by a lot of various things.

Spiders with crit mod one shot me in T8 maps.
Normal mob packs that get my shield down pretty much instant (i'm life build, but it matters)

Mapping is still somewhat new to me so i'm not really experienced with all the mods and the potential leathal combo's it might provide to the monsters.

1st question: What kind of mod stacking should I avoid as a life based pizza delivery boy?

I know 0 regeneration is just asking for trouble so i useally reroll these pretty instant.
I also tend to avoid monster +movement speed, cast speed, crit chance/multi combo.

2nd question: How can I improve my health pool?

I'm sitting at roughly 5k hp / 1.6k es right now.
There's not much for sale on poe.trade that offers me really great boosts on my healthpool, or they cost a fortune to get. Is this a normal trend for life based builds? I have about 3 exalts worth of currency.

Maybe I should switch to CI? I have a lot of regrets stacked up and still all my passive refunds left.

3rd question: How important is damage reduction for life based pizza blaster?

I'm pretty sure one reason i'm taking big hits is because i'm dual wielding daggers. But what about dmg reduction? I have only 9% right now. Even changing to full armor gear would only get me to 15-20%
and i would have to add str to equip it somehow.

Maybe my gear is just bad in general?

dps: 2.7k buffed without charges / 3.1k buffed, 4 charges
Cast speed: 180/200%
Crit chance: 56% no charges / 70% 4 charges
Hp: 4947
Es: 1645
Armor: 1182
Dmg reduction: 9%

Spoiler

If you want to go CI, make sure you have above average es items. trade if u must. But if you are in ssf, go ci after you get above average equipment, becasue well, random drop is unreliable. Your dmg is kinda low for that lvl though. my unbuffed dmg is at 5,022+ and if using con, hovering around 8k unbuffed,. You did win in term of cast speed. My character is living dangerously with 6k es in ssf. Nothing good drop these few days for es ci build. My ticket to survive, dodge like crazy. Able to survive t9 though, albeit coward ways, drop totem and run. 1 good crit from boss in crazy map mod, well, I am a goner.
Hi, I'm having trouble achieving that kind of dmg right now. Can you tell me what's wrong with my gear?

Last edited by FoBi3s on Mar 25, 2017, 11:55:10 PM
"
FoBi3s wrote:
Hi, I'm having trouble achieving that kind of dmg right now. Can you tell me what's wrong with my gear?
[/img]

Definitely level up your gems (don't forget as I did for 300h+ played that you can level up gems in your 2nd set, things that you switch e.g. Elemental Proliferation, Controlled Destruction) they make huge difference, also use Anger as 50% aura, it's huge dmg boost. Your daggers only plus is mediocre cast speed (they can achieve 25-27%) and they don't have either +# to fire/cold/lightning spell damage or any decent (40+)% to Spell Damage, even attack speed is nice to have later in the game for ultra fast whirling through maps. Also you are only 73 so probably you are missing a lot of key passives in the tree. Fully unlocked ascendancy is another thing that will boost your dps as well.
Alright, so I'm SSF and just dropped my first full set of Atziri map pieces. Will someone take a look at my character and give me any idea of whether I should even attempt it yet? Quick summary of where I'm at:

5.33k ES
FB is at 1106 with a 5-link ele prolif and 2057 with conc eff.
Way over capped on resists, SSF rofl.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info