[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
SquallionX wrote:
"
AquilaOZ wrote:
I have a couple of questions, if someone has time.
Why doesn't this build take the Heart of Flame wheel? It seems like a heap of fire damage.
How does the build get faster ES recharge? It has neither Vaal Pact nor Arcane Focus/Essence Surge?
Does increased elemental damage on attacks help me if my Flameblast is on a totem in my body armour?

thanks in advance

I am lvl 93, in LSC, farming +100% IIQ T13+ maps, doing breaches/beyond/nemesis setup.

- Heart of flame is not taken because you take the Full Elemental Penetration from the Inquisitor ascendancy.The increased damage is less cost efficient than chance to crit/crit multi/cast speed.
Chance to ignite is useless since you are reaching aroud 75% crit chance = ignite everytime.

- The ES recharge is the tricky part, I am using 2 Vaal Discipline to recharge almost constantly, they are linked with increased duration. When one is active the other one is recharging. It is specially good for breaches.

Elemental damage to attacks doesn't affect spells. So no.

Btw if you check my gear in my profile, I bought the 6L yesterday, I did the grind to 93 with a 5L only: FB/Spell Totem/ Faster Casting/Critical strike/Inc aoe or Conc for boss.
The 6L is clearly to add Elem proliferation to increase the clear speed.
I think my skill tree is a little bit different than the OP one. Jewels are too gud.

MAIN TIP: DO not underestimate CAST SPEED because it is not increasing your tooltip damage,it is the most important stat after the chance to crit. At high map level the totem need to detonate really fast or it get killed before it reach a good size of effect.

SECOND TIP: after putting your FB 20% quality, do the Spell totem gem, the 20% speed placement is a MUST HAVE.

THIRD: You NEED a Valyrium or a Chayula in your setup, or you will constantly die.

For the balance offense/defense :
Aim for 12k ES / around 5k tootip dps charges ON / 13 cast/per sec full buff.
With that balance Core boss I certifie you can trivialize T15+ maps.
Of course you need some stuff! Just improve piece by piece.

Thanks for the great reply. Guess I will respec for more crit. Cast speed is harder, since I don't have a lot of currency yet. 120% is not bad though. I have a Chayula, but there is something that still insta-kills me sometimes. I wish there was a way of knowing what it was. All resists over 75%, Can't be reflect since I'm not doing the damage. My gems are still low quality. I should be able to flip them hopefully soon.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/AquilaOZ/characters

Working wonders. I've build a bit around MF with this build, and holy ?!"#@ it's still fast.
Gear:
Spoiler
"
Last edited by BatteryChris on Mar 15, 2017, 4:37:30 PM
I'm enjoying this build a lot so far, I decided to run a Cwtd with immortal, molten shell and duration while manually casting enduring cry with a Tukohama hybrid life build.

My question is, would you recommend me to level up the CWDT all the way to 20 or keep it in a lower level? I left it at level 11 but I wonder if it would be better to level it up.
Last edited by Merdento on Mar 15, 2017, 4:49:06 PM
So I'm currently Lvl80 been running mostly T5 maps , did complete Apex of Sacrifice and a Poorjoys , but haven't found many high tier maps to really test myself. Currently at 7.5kES and have swapped to CI completely, nothing really kills me unless I'm dumb enough to stand still. Just was wanting some feedback on my current gear to see where the improvements can be made. I get we don't leech or anything , and I've only get like 1% regen through Sanctity and Zealots oath. So what are we supposed to do ? Just dodge until ES starts to regen? obviously I want like 4K more ES but without Exalts that's not gonna happen. any tips appreciated.
"
Ziggii19 wrote:
So I'm currently Lvl80 been running mostly T5 maps , did complete Apex of Sacrifice and a Poorjoys , but haven't found many high tier maps to really test myself. Currently at 7.5kES and have swapped to CI completely, nothing really kills me unless I'm dumb enough to stand still. Just was wanting some feedback on my current gear to see where the improvements can be made. I get we don't leech or anything , and I've only get like 1% regen through Sanctity and Zealots oath. So what are we supposed to do ? Just dodge until ES starts to regen? obviously I want like 4K more ES but without Exalts that's not gonna happen. any tips appreciated.

Can't see ur char, private profile?
mights sounds noob but how do i sustain ES while being in combat with CI version without going pious path? i find my self dying a lot ~9k es
"
zerkhp8 wrote:
mights sounds noob but how do i sustain ES while being in combat with CI version without going pious path? i find my self dying a lot ~9k es

Vaal Disc
"
AquilaOZ wrote:
"
SquallionX wrote:
"
AquilaOZ wrote:
I have a couple of questions, if someone has time.
Why doesn't this build take the Heart of Flame wheel? It seems like a heap of fire damage.
How does the build get faster ES recharge? It has neither Vaal Pact nor Arcane Focus/Essence Surge?
Does increased elemental damage on attacks help me if my Flameblast is on a totem in my body armour?

thanks in advance

I am lvl 93, in LSC, farming +100% IIQ T13+ maps, doing breaches/beyond/nemesis setup.

- Heart of flame is not taken because you take the Full Elemental Penetration from the Inquisitor ascendancy.The increased damage is less cost efficient than chance to crit/crit multi/cast speed.
Chance to ignite is useless since you are reaching aroud 75% crit chance = ignite everytime.

- The ES recharge is the tricky part, I am using 2 Vaal Discipline to recharge almost constantly, they are linked with increased duration. When one is active the other one is recharging. It is specially good for breaches.

Elemental damage to attacks doesn't affect spells. So no.

Btw if you check my gear in my profile, I bought the 6L yesterday, I did the grind to 93 with a 5L only: FB/Spell Totem/ Faster Casting/Critical strike/Inc aoe or Conc for boss.
The 6L is clearly to add Elem proliferation to increase the clear speed.
I think my skill tree is a little bit different than the OP one. Jewels are too gud.

MAIN TIP: DO not underestimate CAST SPEED because it is not increasing your tooltip damage,it is the most important stat after the chance to crit. At high map level the totem need to detonate really fast or it get killed before it reach a good size of effect.

SECOND TIP: after putting your FB 20% quality, do the Spell totem gem, the 20% speed placement is a MUST HAVE.

THIRD: You NEED a Valyrium or a Chayula in your setup, or you will constantly die.

For the balance offense/defense :
Aim for 12k ES / around 5k tootip dps charges ON / 13 cast/per sec full buff.
With that balance Core boss I certifie you can trivialize T15+ maps.
Of course you need some stuff! Just improve piece by piece.

Thanks for the great reply. Guess I will respec for more crit. Cast speed is harder, since I don't have a lot of currency yet. 120% is not bad though. I have a Chayula, but there is something that still insta-kills me sometimes. I wish there was a way of knowing what it was. All resists over 75%, Can't be reflect since I'm not doing the damage. My gems are still low quality. I should be able to flip them hopefully soon.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/AquilaOZ/characters

You're very welcome.
Indeed as I said before, crit is the most important stat in this build.

Concerning your setup, you will need to get asap the crit nodes close to shadow, you will see a huge bump in damage.
I see you are using a double dagger setup, it's greedy, specially since you don't have really high ES gear elsewhere.

About the fact you are getting insta-killed by "something", check what you rolled in the maps affixes, you have to keep in mind that you don't have any mitigation as CI.
For example, you roll Ele weakness + increased crit chance/multi in your map, a simple blue skeleton shooting ice projectiles will probably OS you if you have 8K ES and not too high in level.

Best way to stay alive : Increase your ES pool above 10k, grind some lvls by doing lower lvl maps (damage is mitigating by the amount of lvls you have above the map lvl).
Some map affixes looks not dangerous for people not used to, but they are:

- Elemental weakness + added elemental damage (x1 is dangerous,x2 is deadly)
- Crit chance/crit multi + increased ice damage (deadly as CI, perma freezing, need anti freeze flasks.
- Vulnerability + bleeding mobs: Can be hell fast, bleeding flask is mandatory anyway but...

And there is more, most of people are dying because of those maps badly rolled because they don't want to spend chaos in it. Mistakes are made.

A lot of question are about regen ES or leech, ofc we can't leech since the totems are doing the damage.
A build around ES regen is not viable atm with a totem setup, so need an other solution.

The solution is: Use Vaal discipline : http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vaal_Discipline

I am using two of them, linked with Increased duration, when you take damage you use one, your ES regen even if you take damage. The second one is charging, you just do a turn over between them. It is really usefull for high maps breaches.

Enjoy.

Stream : twitch.tv/squallionX
Currently playing : None
How do u survive?
Need some ES leech...
Vaal Disc is not the option...
"
APEC wrote:
How do u survive?
Need some ES leech...
Vaal Disc is not the option...

Hmm arguments ? I am actually lvl 93, using Vaals discipline as the sustain.

Can you tell me why it is not a viable option?
Stream : twitch.tv/squallionX
Currently playing : None

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info