[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

So I've been playing this build for 3 days now. Currently sitting at 7.2k ES, with ~2.5% recharged per second. Any tips on what gear I should try to upgrade next? Can I hope to ever get a better amulet or is this basically as gg as I'll get without lucking out much?
Is my gem setup okay? Still haven't decided on what vaal skill to use, but probably will go with vaal discipline.
I'm still using clarity + discipline, as I seem to run out of mana too fast when using anger+discipline.
Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. Gear and skill tree below:

P.S. I seem to have swapped my flameblast gem with a conc. effect one. I mostly us conc. effect for hard bosses.

Passive tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAFvApYDdQVCBx4Jqg5IES0RLxFQEZYV1xZAGyUdFCBuIvQk2CmLKgsrCiycLL8y0TW5NsU8BT1fQZZEoUVHSVFLrkyzTq5QMFJTVmNY5VorXGtd8l5dZJ1mnmwLbRlwUnyDfll_xoKbg_OESIVthX2GronTi3qLjIw2jHaOZI9Gj_qSbpMnlS6XlZf0mjubbp1jna6f36PypwinK6eUrhKus7E2tvq3MbmTvFbAZsCawwnDE8Nt0PXR_dJ81YHVptgk2VvZ_OL36QLr7uv17BjtPO988NXyHfem98H53frS
"
Joksee wrote:
So I've been playing this build for 3 days now. Currently sitting at 7.2k ES, with ~2.5% recharged per second. Any tips on what gear I should try to upgrade next? Can I hope to ever get a better amulet or is this basically as gg as I'll get without lucking out much?
Is my gem setup okay? Still haven't decided on what vaal skill to use, but probably will go with vaal discipline.
I'm still using clarity + discipline, as I seem to run out of mana too fast when using anger+discipline.
Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. Gear and skill tree below:

P.S. I seem to have swapped my flameblast gem with a conc. effect one. I mostly us conc. effect for hard bosses.

Passive tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAFvApYDdQVCBx4Jqg5IES0RLxFQEZYV1xZAGyUdFCBuIvQk2CmLKgsrCiycLL8y0TW5NsU8BT1fQZZEoUVHSVFLrkyzTq5QMFJTVmNY5VorXGtd8l5dZJ1mnmwLbRlwUnyDfll_xoKbg_OESIVthX2GronTi3qLjIw2jHaOZI9Gj_qSbpMnlS6XlZf0mjubbp1jna6f36PypwinK6eUrhKus7E2tvq3MbmTvFbAZsCawwnDE8Nt0PXR_dJ81YHVptgk2VvZ_OL36QLr7uv17BjtPO988NXyHfem98H53frS

Your setup is something we can call a glasscanon with regen ES.
You will not be able to regen enough to survive T11+ well rolled maps for a simple reason:
As ES, you have no mitigation, which means you will get hit that hard that you will not be able to regen.

You do not have anything against stun right there, it means that every monster hitting you, is going to stun, 2 stuns in a row and you are dead with 7k ES.

So basically, cut down your damage from your GEAR (voidbringer, full damage jewellery etc..) and try to get high ES gear.
Your damage should be provided by your weapon, your tree and your Qgems.

I hope it is going to help you, feel free to check my profile, you will have something based on clearspeed, kill any boss, and still survive! (you are not hallowed to die at lvl 90+ lol)
Stream : twitch.tv/squallionX
Currently playing : None
Last edited by SquallionX on Mar 15, 2017, 5:54:44 AM
"
Your setup is something we can call a glasscanon with regen ES.
You will not be able to regen enough to survive T11+ well rolled maps for a simple reason:
As ES, you have no mitigation, which means you will get hit that hard that you will not be able to regen.

You do not have anything against stun right there, it means that every monster hitting you, is going to stun, 2 stuns in a row and you are dead with 7k ES.

So basically, cut down your damage from your GEAR (voidbringer, full damage jewellery etc..) and try to get high ES gear.
Your damage should be provided by your weapon, your tree and your Qgems.

I hope it is going to help you, feel free to check my profile, you will have something based on clearspeed, kill any boss, and still survive! (you are not hallowed to die at lvl 90+ lol)

Your characters are set to private.
Hmm, I have been running T10-T11 maps, and never got stunned (at least not to the point of dying). If I go for Valyrium (not keen on using Eye of Chayula), should I drop Pious Path and go for instruments of virtue? Or is Pious Path still better for survivability?

Just how important is spell damage for this build? If I get the choise to go cast speed + crit or cast speed + spell dmg., which one should I go for?
"
Joksee wrote:

Your characters are set to private.
Hmm, I have been running T10-T11 maps, and never got stunned (at least not to the point of dying). If I go for Valyrium (not keen on using Eye of Chayula), should I drop Pious Path and go for instruments of virtue? Or is Pious Path still better for survivability?

Just how important is spell damage for this build? If I get the choise to go cast speed + crit or cast speed + spell dmg., which one should I go for?

Fucked up my message... characters not private anymore, sorry.

I tried Pious Path in several setups, sadly it is not consistent, and the consecrated zone is clearly too small. So I think Virtue is way better.
Plus, if you go for virtue you can get the 2 points for the elem % damage increased and reduc.

The ladder of importance for me :

Crit chance > Cast speed > Crit multi > Inc AoE > Proliferation (if high crit) > spell damage

Explanation:
Crit chance :
- main damage scaling
- trigger the double dipping (ignite)
- trigger the proliferation
- make crit multi scaling
Cast speed:
- decrease the time you stand still
- increase your clear speed
- help dealing with mana problem : totems hit fasters, they don't die, you don't have to spam them.
Crit multi:
- MORE DEEPS
Inc Aoe:
- Increased clear speed
- Help proliferation to be more consistent
- Breach specific farm easier
- Help survivability by increasing your effective range (you - totem - max range)
Prolif:
- Increase clear speed
- Allow high map breaches
- DOUBLE DEEP
Spell damage:
- Increase your DEEPS and your dickmeter@tooltip !
Conc effect:
- Make an AoE spell a solo target skill, boss killer.

That's why dagger with crit chance/cast speed/crit multi are hell expensive.

Last edited by SquallionX on Mar 15, 2017, 6:43:41 AM
"
Fucked up my message... characters not private anymore, sorry.

I tried Pious Path in several setups, sadly it is not consistent, and the consecrated zone is clearly too small. So I think Virtue is way better.
Plus, if you go for virtue you can get the 2 points for the elem % damage increased and reduc.

The ladder of importance for me :

Crit chance > Cast speed > Crit multi > Inc AoE > Proliferation (if high crit) > spell damage

That's why dagger with crit chance/cast speed/crit multi are hell expensive.

Thank you for the help. I checked your gear and I think I can easily get something similar/better (except the 6L regalia).
Do you think I could keep my amulet? It has some nice rolls on crit chance,multi,es. Can even find anything similar on poe.trade.

I see you have clarity/discipline AND anger. Can you run them all together?

And lastly, should I really drop voidbringers? I got a pretty nicely rolled one, and it does have pretty high ES for the gloves slot. The crit chance is also very nice
"
Joksee wrote:

Thank you for the help. I checked your gear and I think I can easily get something similar/better (except the 6L regalia).
Do you think I could keep my amulet? It has some nice rolls on crit chance,multi,es. Can even find anything similar on poe.trade.

I see you have clarity/discipline AND anger. Can you run them all together?

And lastly, should I really drop voidbringers? I got a pretty nicely rolled one, and it does have pretty high ES for the gloves slot. The crit chance is also very nice

No I am using 2 setups for differents situations :

Map farming is : Discipline / Blasphemy+Temp Chain / Clarity
Burst damage for breaches or big bosses is : Anger / Discipline

Concerning Voidbringer, since you use a 5L I guess it is ok concerning mana regen. Once you get a 6L setup I think you can't handle the cost.
Anyway, I have 78% crit chance with my setup to give you an idea.

+ I added some explanation in my previous post.

PS: about the amulet, I have been struggling with dext/strength for shield sharge, faster attacks and temporal chain, so I have one made for those attributes.
But I guess your amulet is quite nice doh!
Last edited by SquallionX on Mar 15, 2017, 6:51:33 AM
Thanks for all the help dude, really appreciate it.
Now that I think about it, I can swap the conc. zone flask for a mana flask. With shield charge and the clear speed of this build I have my flasks up 24/7 anyways.

And by the way, any reason to not use energy within for the melding cluster?
"
Joksee wrote:
Thanks for all the help dude, really appreciate it.
Now that I think about it, I can swap the conc. zone flask for a mana flask. With shield charge and the clear speed of this build I have my flasks up 24/7 anyways.

And by the way, any reason to not use energy within for the melding cluster?

The price, only the price :D

I have not been lucky with loots to be honest, I was saving to buy my 6L ilvl84 Regalia after failing 500 fuses into another one....

SO yeah obvisouly EfW is best in slot for that cluster.
Hey,

Could one of you kind peeps please look at my profile and give me tips on the best upgrades I can make at this point, given that I have 80C? The name's blastypants. I know I need to go CI at some point, just don't have the money yet. I'm currently struggling to clear efficiently around T9-10 maps

thanks
Last edited by fapmonkey2 on Mar 15, 2017, 1:30:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info