Lacerate Cospri's Malice Berserker

This build was made for SC, its based on a Unqiue sword Cospri's Malice which made it in the game in patch 2.4

Changelog

-15.09.2016 Back to Multistrike - while it is somewhat anyoing and requiers better positioning to be efficient it's dps boost is to big to ignore.
-dropped faster attack to stay below 100ms cd on copsri's malice (for wed / fortify)
tool tip attacks per second does not count in that lacerate hits twice so we need to stay below 5
attacks per sec

-Since we get below the 100ms CD in this case we need to add a second skill (ice spear/freeze pulse) so the set up is lacerate > Faster attacks > multistrike > inc crit strikes (the tooltip of lacerate is wrong in everything attack speed and dmg calculate the doryanis (offhand) in even though we dont actualy hit with it - just ignore it
-Get set is now Arctic Breath - Ice Spear - GMP for map clear Cold Pen on bosses
-Added new video to the gameplay section (T14 Palace - to show the result of the changes)
-16.09.2016 added new video to the gameplay section (t14 twinned shrine)
-18.09.2016 just got a my hands on a rat's nest with the ice spear enchant 10% chance to gain a power charge on ice spear crit

it isnt enough to keep them up 100% of the time but works good on bosses with higher life pools which is where its need mostly.
-19.09.2016 crafted new beld using essen of spite (gives int on every slot but weapon) saved me a int node on the tree.

Current Gear

Gear and Explanation

[Main Weapon - requiert]
cast a socketed cold spell on melee critical strike
It cant proc more than 1 spell at once, it also has a 100ms cd for triggering spells.

that been said spectral throw, the projectiles of lightning trike, the projectiles of molten strike are not melee so then wont proc any spells only the inital hit does.

[Offhand stat stick - somewhat requiert]
Since i don't have much dmg in my tree this is a huge boost to dps it also scales bot attack and spelldmg ! since lacerate can't use maces it's just a stat stick and we won't actualy hit with it.

[Gloves - optinal] you can also use a 5L/6L and normal gloves which will result in less life and lower crit chance
Since the sword has a low base crit chance im using this gloves [socket gems have +3% critical strike chance] which is base crit chance and scales of all increased crit chance i have. it allows me also to use a Kaom's heart to get a bigger life pool. (those are made using a Essence of Horror)

[Body Armour - optinal] you can use what ever chest you prefer(like coil/ belly/ rare) i used a tabula untill i changed to my current set up
Since my main attack is in my gloves i can use a kaom's heart which gives quite alot of extra life which fits realy well with the leech provided by the berserker ascendancy + vaal pact.

[Rings]
Rare - wanted stats: Life > accuracy > attack speed > int > res
(also nice to have WED or flat ele dmg)
the base depends on your needs, either resistance or diamond/opal ring for extra damage

If you can afford Snakepits you can safe a gem slot which will give quite some extra dmg

[Amulet]
Since i need quite some int a base with int would be my choice if possbile.
Probably going to try to craft one as well using Essence of Hatred.
stats wanted: Life > accuracy > crit multi > crit chance > int
(nice to have WED, flat ele dmg or spell dmg)
You can also try to craft one with with %cold dmg by using essence of hatred.

[Belt]
crafted with an essence of spite (int) we can save a node on the passive tree
Stats wanted : Life > res
nice to have: wed

[Boots]
wanted stats: Res > Ms > life
this slot can provide a lot res using the new base items (use them!)

[Helmet - optinal]
i preferd the attack speed and crit but you can also get a rare with Life > accuracy > res if u prefer to get some more life or need more res to get capped.
also nice to have one with the ice spear enchant 10%-15% chance to gain a power charge on ice spear crit but its not mandatory at all!

Jewels

Im trying to get stats which scale both lacerate and the spell dmg (attack speed somewhat does this as well as it does increase the proc rate)
wanted stats : Life - Crit multi while dual wielding - Attack speed while dual wielding - attack speed with swords - cold dmg - inc dmg - crit mulit
stats which are usefull as well but lower in priority : spell dmg while dual wiel - spell dmg - proj dmg - int - res - crit chance
also using 1 brute force solution (which is placed above devotion) to get the required int for cospri's malice if u dont have 29+ dex on other peaces of your gear u need to pick a int node or get it with jewels

gems and links

Socket in Cospri's Malice
Ice spear + Artic Breath + GMP (for genrell map clear i would stick to gmp or lmp even with snakepit rings and swap it out for cold pen on bosses)

Socket in gloves if used with 3%crit chance (otherwise in body armour!)
Lacerate > faster attacks > Multistrike > increased critical strike
[/i]

Socket in Helmet and boots
1. Herald of ice + Herald of Thunder + Curse on Hit + Assasins mark
2. Whirling blades + faster attacks + fortify + bloody magic
(optional decoy totem instead of blood magic or fortify )
this set up changes if u get the ice spear enchant on your helmet i dropped the CoH set up and put in vaal haste + in duration

Socket in Offahnd
Blood rage, Blasphemy + Frost bite
(optional either ele weakness/ enfeblee/ temp chains)

Leveling

I did level all the way as attack based using cleave -> lacerate + ancestral totems (which helped alot!)
Using Essences to upgrade gear when ever needed made it quite easy
I went to the templar first took all the wed (catalyse) and elemental dmg earlie but repected the WED nodes later once i got the main set up going.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask!
Last edited by Shareware on Mar 30, 2017, 8:16:08 PM
Last bumped on May 8, 2017, 12:49:53 PM
[reserved]
Last edited by Shareware on Sep 15, 2016, 6:28:50 AM
What did you go for the bandits?
"
What did you go for the bandits?

-N Oak
-C Kraityn
-M Alira (kraityn works as well)
I like the build from what i have seen in your videos.

Do you think its endgame viable? (Uber lab/Atziri and shaper)

Do you have issues with reflect maps?

"
The1ULost2 wrote:
I like the build from what i have seen in your videos.

Do you think its endgame viable? (Uber lab/Atziri and shaper)

Do you have issues with reflect maps?

-i have done and carried ppl throu uber lab but i was in late 80th at that point.
-i also did normal atziri quite earlie without any struggle, havent and probably wont try uber cause its quite high cost just for a test.
i have like 1ex in total currency currently so i cant afford that.
-reflect on maps doenst work out, on reflect mobs its no problem unless its -max map than u need to take care maybe bring a saphire flask.
-shaper looked tough i may try it at some point but not in very near future.
Last edited by Shareware on Sep 12, 2016, 3:11:36 PM
Thanks for the reply, I think i am going to try and build this i picked up all the key items so far still working on crafting decent gloves first two attempts were mediocre.
Thanks for the reply, I think i am going to try and build this i picked up all the key items so far still working on crafting decent gloves first two attempts were mediocre.
"
The1ULost2 wrote:

Ye, it took me like 20 trys to get what i have i would still prefer a good attack speed or accuracy roll in trade for 1 res but i didnt happen yet :(
Last edited by Shareware on Sep 12, 2016, 5:23:42 PM
Well if you get some decent ones that aren't as good as yours or get better ones and want to sell your old ones let me know. Cant search for that mod on poe trade so its a struggle.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info