Atlas mechanics / map drops: Is GGG lying to us? Deliberately not telling the truth?

"
Nephalim wrote:
I noticed the chance for +1 and +2 are significantly higher but the overall drop rates of map is lower.

Honestly seems to me like that, too.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
This will go on forever.

GGG will gate red maps with RNG and/or no-life'ing.

Then they will say that players "choose" not to do hard content because the average players are not doing the end game content. ( less than 5% running reds )

I_NO summed it up in a previous post. And I think a lot of people agree with I_NO. I know I do!!

If I could I would chain abysses, they just dont drop and im not going to waste 2h each day just to run 2-5 maps in 15 min total... What a fucked up thinking is that.

Especially with power creep builds that just NUKE maps..
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
This will go on forever.

GGG will gate red maps with RNG and/or no-life'ing.

Then they will say that players "choose" not to do hard content because the average players are not doing the end game content. ( less than 5% running reds )

I_NO summed it up in a previous post. And I think a lot of people agree with I_NO. I know I do!!

If I could I would chain abysses, they just dont drop and im not going to waste 2h each day just to run 2-5 maps in 15 min total... What a fucked up thinking is that.

Especially with power creep builds that just NUKE maps..
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
I have a hypothetical question regarding map drops. Supposing the only t13 you have unlocked is gorge and you run a t12. Say, for instance, you have a total 10% chance to drop a gorge in that t12. Now you unlock another t13 and run the exact same t12 (neglect 1/125 unlock bonus). Do you now have a 5% chance of dropping gorge (and 5% the other t13) OR do you have 10% gorge and 10% the other map? Or option c that I didn't consider?!!!
The casuals will now officially thank the OP, and all of those pressing about high-tier map drop rates in 2.4. Well, not "officially", just me as a casual. Because by the time I get around to doing higher tier for my Atlas, GGG will have buffed the map drop rates. ;-)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
ladish wrote:
I have a hypothetical question regarding map drops. Supposing the only t13 you have unlocked is gorge and you run a t12. Say, for instance, you have a total 10% chance to drop a gorge in that t12. Now you unlock another t13 and run the exact same t12 (neglect 1/125 unlock bonus). Do you now have a 5% chance of dropping gorge (and 5% the other t13) OR do you have 10% gorge and 10% the other map? Or option c that I didn't consider?!!!

Your chance of dropping a specific map goes down as you unlock more maps of that tier. Your chance of dropping a map of that tier stays constant (or goes up very slightly due to Atlas bonus). This is because the tier is rolled first, and the specific map is chosen afterwards. At least if you can believe GGG (I personally don't, any more).

So you have now 5% Gorge and 5% Lair or whatever the other T13 is.

Kind of off-topic in this thread, though.
"
Char1983 wrote:
This is because the tier is rolled first, and the specific map is chosen afterwards. At least if you can believe GGG (I personally don't, any more).

So GGG explicitly stated that this is how it works?
"
ladish wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
This is because the tier is rolled first, and the specific map is chosen afterwards. At least if you can believe GGG (I personally don't, any more).

Yes. Read the patch notes and the Atlas mechanics.
"
ladish wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:

If it didn't work that way, when you first start out on a T1 map, you'd have a 75% chance any T2 map roll would fail and be lost (e.g. it picks a T2 map, OOPS its not next to you *lost*).

I would be interested to know if anyone >100% has managed to get a T1 map to drop in T2 or above maps. That should be impossible
"
Asmosis wrote:
I would be interested to know if anyone >100% has managed to get a T1 map to drop in T2 or above maps. That should be impossible

I just speed-cleared a few T2 and T1 maps. I did get one T1 drop, in a T1 map. I did get quite a few map drops in T2 maps (6 or 7), but none of them were T1. I am at 110%.

The T1 drop pretty much eliminates option c), because then I would have not seen any map drop at all.

A Valkyrie card dropped, though, so I am not too unhappy ;).
Last edited by Char1983 on Sep 12, 2016, 1:58:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info