Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Plaguemancer || Beacon of Corruption Degen || EZ Red Maps || Golems?!?!

2.5 Golem Spec
Spoiler

This will be the start of league project. Beacon of Corruption + Golems probably will result in a better build. The degen cloud will not be as strong most likely because spectres in red tier maps just have so much more health. With that said the overall damage output of flame golems should be way more then enough to over come this and provide better overall map clearspeed and faster boss kills.

Plaguemancer

The Plaguemancer is a heavy damage degen AoE necromancer build that scales amazingly into high end maps. The build is very budget and has dropped Atziri with pretty bad gearing.

The build works by keeping our raise spectre limit to 1. Combined with echo this will cast 1 spectre at the targeted location and then immediately summon a second force respawning the first and setting off Beacon of Corruption.

Beacon of Corruption (BoC) creates a chaos cloud dealing damage equal to 10% of the minions maximum life. Since raise spectre has its life based on the mob you summoned, it allows it to scale into the higher tier maps very efficiently. It literally is free damage scaling. To me the higher tier the map the better my damage feels.

To further damage output the cloud damage scales on both minion damage and minion life. Soul Waver can be seen as a 200% increased damage node.

Further Mechanics
Spoiler

Zombies
In addition to chaos degen cloud, the build runs 8 zombies all packing a serious punch. These bad boys are meat shield multi striking poisoning bad asses. These guys jack up your single target boss damage like crazy. Also the poison damage scales with their minion damage.

Mind Over Matter + Eldritch Battery + Zealots Oath
This is one an old school original defense set up. The build has some pretty nasty mana problems and low-ish base HP. To overcome this we work in this nice trio and giving us a huge effective life pool. With good gear you can easily hit between 8k and 9k effective life.

Wither Totem
This set up gives increased chaos damage vs effected targets. This means both the chaos cloud and the poison from the zombies will be greatly increased.

Vaal Lightning Trap
This bad boy of a vaal gem is a staple in most of my builds. Throw this at the target, let it explode, and watch your DPS skyrocket. With the chaos degen being hard enough to scale, this becomes an insanely effective way to do it.

Pros and Cons
Spoiler

+Budget (a 5L does just fine, even in T15 red maps)
+Damage scales amazingly with the higher map tier you run
+Zombies can provide amazingly single target damage in addition to your degen clouds
+Can run ANY map mod (some such as blood magic and hexproof shouldn't be done in HC though).
+Powerful curses for defense and option for high end gearing into a 3rd blasphemy curse.
+High life minions (zombies, stone golem, Animate Guardian) provide amazing buffers.

-Clear speed can be limited to desecrate cooldowns if monster packs are spread out to much.
-Spectre life is based on monster levels so pre-mapping plaguemancer isn't recommended
-Not a stupid player proof build, you still have to pay attention somewhat. This isn't an immortal juggernaut build.

Passive Tree
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAASzBkkHHgj0DXzTjxCXEZYTbBZvGGoabBslHNwi9CSqKPoqmDLRNZI26TkLBAc6WDrhQYdEBEVHRZ1HheyDSVFJsUuueC9N41NSVcZXyVgHQ1Ro8mpDaqxr22wLbRl9GH_Ggh6Cx4PbhTKFYIhAiEKPGo9GkDOTJ5UuHdma4Juhna6hL6IAplemrKcI9HGqxKyYtz64k7zqvoq_l8BUwGbBxck9pyvMvNP718_YvdkL2VvZXtsL34rjaukCNbnr7uyK74jwH_DV8h7yRffB99f5N_no-oD-Cv6B_o985RFQTLNodNpiGFY=

Ascendancy Order
(1)Beacon of Corruption
(2)Soul Weaver
(3)Your choice

Dex and Strength stats could be a temporary problem so getting the +30 dex and strength nodes will help. Also you may need to temporarily use an intelligence to dex jewel.

Leveling
I do NOT suggest leveling as Beacon of Corruption. Instead just level as Summon Raging Spirits. Use a Reverberation Wand with SRS + Minion Damage + Multistrike. Before Multistrike you can use melee splash. Once you clear merciless laberynth you can swap over to using Beacon of Corruption.

You will level crazy fast and with great ease as SRS to start with. You will have no problems getting through Merciless Lab and the passive tree doesn't change at all. Just keep your focus on minion damage, zombies, and life for a bit. Also getting the +1 curse around 31 at the same time you can use blasphemy.

Gem Links
Spoiler

CHEST
Raise Spectres + Echo + Inc Aoe + Void Manipulation + Rapid Decay + Minion Damage

Sub Inc. AoE with Conc Effect vs bosses like Atziri who don't move to much and have no adds.
Also if 4B2G is getting a bit much you can do what I am doing and run 5B1G and use minion life instead of Rapid Decay.

Raise Zombies + Minion Damage + Fortify + Multistrike + Poison[/b]

Zombies + Fortify + Minion Damage + Poison[/b]

Blasphemy + Enfeeble + Discipline + Arctic Armour

Wither + Spell Totem + Inc. AoE

Clarity level 1 - if going Commander of Darkness

Bandits
Spoiler

(1) Help Oak (+40hp) OR kill them all (passive). I chose to help Oak.
(2) Alira (cast speed) or Kill them all (passive)
(3) Kill them all (passive)

Gearing
Spoiler

Gearing is very easy. Get a decent amount of hit points as well as make sure your resistances are capped. For serious mapping make sure you are elemental weakness capped.

Mainhand: You can simply run a clayshaper or use Deafening Essence of Fear to craft minion life on a 1 hander and add cast speed.

Shield: A good ES shield w/ life and resistances as well.

Chest: Get a 5-Link chest for a few chaos. You can craft it with essences or alt life + resistance and regal it. Then master craft another resistance onto it. I did the latter. Ideally for the high end game you want a +% minion life chest. Use this for your spectres.

Helm: Ideally we want a +2 minion gem helmet and to take it a step further a +2 minion gem help with the new minion damage base helmet. Though to begin with just any regular +2 minion gem helm will do just fine.

Belt: anything life + res will do. Also this is good to help w/ stats. Ideally craft one with +% minion life using essences.

Amulet: Cant go wrong with this guy. HC players though may want to use a Stone of Laz if using bone offering.

Rings: Keep to the basics, life, resistances. Minion speed isn't very necessary for us so essences don't really matter. You could use this as an option to fix stats as well.

Jewels Life - Minion life - minion damage. You may need dex so a jewel that converts intelligence to dex is recommended.

My current Gear farming guardians and T15 maps
Spoiler

updating this soon

yes I know my chest isn't colored to what I have listed for jewels. I gave up after 1000 chromes and have not tried since. my RNG is bad. Chrome calc says about 150ish +/- 150.. so I am a little over the standard. RNGesus hates me.

For you HC players
Spoiler

shield + clayshaper + bone offering is high recommended.

It should be noted that the build requires both Beacon of Corruption and Soul Weaver to be truly viable so taking Mistress of sacrifice should be your uber choice. for HC players you may want to buy an uber run to unlock this just for safe playing.

The build is totally HC viable but isn't a build that is stupid player viable build.

Videos
Spoiler

***These are older videos and do not reflect the build changes***
Atziri
https://youtu.be/dvT1uvhuGrQ

T13 Sulphur Waste: Rare + corruption
https://youtu.be/l0PG0mDBPew

T11 Crematorium : Rare + Corruption (no idea how the mechanics work)
https://youtu.be/nbbi_RHU8Es

No recommended for HC players but this is what the build can run, deathless.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Nov 30, 2016, 11:37:56 PM
Last bumped on Jan 21, 2018, 1:11:48 AM
Looking forwards to video.
Awesome concept.
Wouldn't void manipulation give more damage than minion life support though ? And rapid decay as a 6-th link
I'd really like to see this in action. I'm thinking about going CI with this, as it doesn't even change the pathing that much. You can even keep the life nodes on the Witch start if you slot in Energy From Within in the jewel socket. Do you think +1 on the weapon is enough for this build? Going bow + unique quiver Soul Strike gives insane ES recovery times and can function as a replacement for regen/leech.
I'm running a variant of this idea; though I've taken a few different approaches.

CI works quite well with just essence surge and leo rings, freeing up the shield slot for additional ES. You can run a cast speed implicit wand with a good cast speed roll, and that frees up echo for damage/utility or just budget (Build comes online as a 4L, though obvious is very strong with 6L)

I dropped soul weaver after running it last league - there's enough +% minion damage available outside the ascendancy that the utility of spirit eater + commander + mistress of sacrifice is hard to ignore. I dropped the animate guardian/chaos golem I had been using for CWDT vortex + bone offering, which is a strong defensive choice. Later as you get more STR from gear I moved to cwdt + bone offering + immortal call + inc duration - this is very handy against the Chimera.

Since the curse 'nerf' I've dropped tri curse in favor of discipline + purity + lvl 1 clarity + temp chains. With commander this gives 15% cast speed and 30% minion damage, not to mention the flat 20% res all buff making gearing dead easy. Free up ring suffixes for 50% mana regen rolls is hugely effective.

CI Variant Gear
Spoiler

CI Variant Tree

Last edited by Marloe on Oct 10, 2016, 3:35:18 PM
"
Glasny wrote:
Awesome concept.
Wouldn't void manipulation give more damage than minion life support though ? And rapid decay as a 6-th link

Minion life is 49% as well as Minion Damage, Void Manipulation is 39% and Rapid Decay is 39% with a 15% reduced skill duration. I don't even know if Rapid Decay will even affect the minion to be honest. But to answer your question no, void manipulation is not as good as minion life and is a better choice for a 6th link since it doesn't have the reduced skill effect duration.

"

I'd really like to see this in action. I'm thinking about going CI with this, as it doesn't even change the pathing that much. You can even keep the life nodes on the Witch start if you slot in Energy From Within in the jewel socket. Do you think +1 on the weapon is enough for this build? Going bow + unique quiver Soul Strike gives insane ES recovery times and can function as a replacement for regen/leech.

CI is a fine choice. The first time I ran this I went as CI. This time around I chose life + a staff because it offers more damage with being able to link up zombies. I mostly went this way to burn down bosses and essence mobs faster. +1 on a weapon is fun, really it is just a little something extra for your zombies. The bow set up was one thing I was thinking of but since I already have a Xirgil's Crank CI character at the moment I am just staying life for a bit.

@Marloe: I agree with going commander over soul weaver and is the direction I am thinking of suggesting. CI is a much more defensive option but does turn out to be significantly more expensive in the long run. A life base just offers more single target damage is all and more new league friendly. Also with life base you don't have that nice health buffer that comes with CI. The good part about this set up is you just start life and you can swap to CI whenever you want. I may swap over eventually but I am digging the beefed up zombies for a single target boost to much.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Sep 8, 2016, 1:21:16 PM
"
Kartikdon wrote:

Minion life is 49% as well as Minion Damage

Minion life is "increased" while Minion Damage and Void Manipulation and Rapid Decay is "more".
"
Kartikdon wrote:

Minion life is "increased" while Minion Damage and Void Manipulation and Rapid Decay is "more".
"
Crimsonyd wrote:
"
Kartikdon wrote:

thats what I get for assuming... ya, then Rapid Decay > Minion Life
Added an Atziri Video to demonstrate the build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info