Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

New difficult map bosses list

Ramparts T6 was pretty rough. Had to retire my lvl 75 toon, and bring in a big gun after 4 wipes.
Ramparts T6 was pretty rough. Had to retire my lvl 75 toon, and bring in a big gun after 4 wipes.
"
Deliverme wrote:

Thanks, however since I was interested in knowing a bit more about the boss, I went to check the wiki and it does not seem to be in there.
Could you describe a bit the boss ?
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
On a bright side, I've noticed a trend where dangerous bosses have very low life pool, jungle valley boss seems to be such a case.

These are the ones I tried so far, judged from an evasion melee standpoint

Tier 1

Desert
layout: B - looks the same as before, decent enough but not good
boss: 2 - feels nerfed again, can't see it giving anyone trouble unless you're careless

Arcade Map
layout: C - the layout isn't too bad itself but those small obstacles are awful
boss: 2/3 - if your resists are iffy the bosses can do a lot of damage to you while cursed, otherwise not hard

Crystal Ore
layout: C - kinda bad, and there are two separate boss rooms to boot
boss: 2/3 - both bosses can hit hard but aren't doing it all the time, they're sluggish and not very aggressive but could be dangerous with hard mods

Jungle Valley
layout: A - nice and linear, new tropical island from the layout standpoint
boss: 3 - if you got decent AoE it isn't hard, still packs a decent punch but it isn't anything brutal and it goes down fast

Tier 2

Beach
layout: A - nice, clean and linear, however the performance was utter poop for some reason, had to turn off shadows
boss: 2 - the usual hailrake, not terribly dangerous

Factory
layout: B - some forking and side rooms but very clean
boss: 2 - don't eat the yellow snow too much and you'll be fine, reasonable boss

Oasis
layout: A - nice circular layout similar to mud geyser, also very clean
boss: 2 - hits fairly hard but his moves are telegraphed, had a zana mission there with boosted twin bosses and it wasn't unreasonably hard even then

Tier 8

Tropical Island (zana mission)
layout: A - the layout we always liked got even better with a cozy cave between areas, very nice
boss: 2/3 - I can see it being potentially dangerous with damage mods, still hits hard and now teleports too, spawns two adds on death too but they're very squishy and not much of a problem

Tier 12

Crematorium (zana mission)
layout: C - the appropriate letter for crappy
boss: 3 - does the damage but isn't too hard to dodge, dunno if it just scaled poorly to tier 2 or it naturally has very low health because it regens, it went down really fast when off the grills
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Sep 8, 2016, 8:32:12 AM
Thanks raics, I updated the OP and added the not-scary bosses and information in a second list.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Sep 8, 2016, 8:58:02 PM
Actually, bog rhoa (and arid lake one too) doesn't ignore Decoy totem. But it kills it really fast, like in 3-4 hits.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
All the tier 16 bosses look kinda hard..
"
Fruz wrote:
Thanks raics, I updated the OP and added the not-scary bosses and information in a second list.

I'll add the info from last night then

Tier 2

Ghetto
layout: B - same as before
boss: 2 - nothing new here, hits hard but spends much time walking the walk

Tier 3

Cavern
layout: C - same as before
boss: 2 - also the same one, doesn't hit overly hard in this low tier iteration, sluggish and isn't exactly busting chops though his earthquake can pack a punch with hard mods

Channel
layout: B - same as before, some backtracking but variance is low
boss: 2 - same, hits hard but it's very easy to avoid

Marshes
layout: B - four big islands connected with bridges, don't really like it too much
boss: 2/3 - the pit boss with a new trick, he has the usual sunder-like wave and cyclone and can also taunt you now, does a lot of damage with cyclone and can be hard to pin down by melees that use single target skills

Sewer
layout: C - same shit as before, just awful
boss: 2/3 - a big spider with leap slam that doesn't hit too hard and a projectile that does, I can see it getting tricky with right mods

Vaal Pyramid
layout: B - similar to before but uses a slightly different tileset and looks cleaner
boss: 3/5 - the museum trio with a catch, they spawn one after another and there's a delay between them. that means the boss is easy if you got the dps to put each one down before the next one spawns and hard if you don't, it's a map where rolling defensive mods is much more dangerous than usual

Tier 4

Acid Lakes
layout: A - nice and linear, just the way we like it
boss: 3 - this is actually the former desert boss, the new desert boss uses blast rain, creates less clones they use normal attacks. this one spams them more and they use charge attacks like before which hit way harder, not too hard by default but definitely can be

Last edited by raics on Sep 9, 2016, 5:18:53 AM
"
raics wrote:
Vaal Pyramid
layout: B - similar to before but uses a slightly different tileset and looks cleaner
boss: 3/5 - the museum trio with a catch, they spawn one after another and there's a delay between them. that means the boss is easy if you got the dps to put each one down before the next one spawns and hard if you don't, it's a map where rolling defensive mods is much more dangerous than usual

They can be alive at the same time? I thought they spawned a set time after the previous one died.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
They can be alive at the same time? I thought they spawned a set time after the previous one died.

They most certainly can. Yeah, my dps sucks, so what :)

Last edited by raics on Sep 9, 2016, 5:24:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info