Patch Notes 2.4.0c

PLEASE GGG I BEG YOU to fix FEMURS OF THE SAINTS

its totally unplayable for ages, and finally there is a good build for it with the new Kitava mask but nobody can play it because the femurs latency issue.... :"(

What do I need to do, for you just to fix a unique which is already in your game for such a long time and still unplayable :(

(If somebody don't know about the issue just search femurs of the saints fix in the bug report forum)

I will post this message everywhere I can until we don't get some response.
(besides from that still the best game out there :) )
IGN: Vixen_Dex
Last edited by sammet9 on Sep 8, 2016, 11:31:08 AM
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
philipma wrote:
Dont want to hear that crap about my computer being the problem or wireless connection cause everything else works just fine and sites and games

Then you may never solve any problem if you're married to that viewpoint. I don't stutter, crash, and disconnect like you have. So other people don't have this problem, even though I have seen a ton of new reports of this occurring for players. Atlas absolutely injected new issues into the client/server, there's no doubt of that. But without troubleshooting from your own system, there's no where to progress for you.

+1
nice update
i DONT CARE IF THIS ISNT THE RIGHT PLACE TO POST THIS BUT iAM LUVIN the new maps and the balance GGG works so hard at ... Only 1 bug but a few server issues an I know they are working it as long as I feel this way I will continue supporting them as much as I possiable can THX GGG :)))
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
philipma wrote:
Dont want to hear that crap about my computer being the problem or wireless connection cause everything else works just fine and sites and games

Then you may never solve any problem if you're married to that viewpoint. I don't stutter, crash, and disconnect like you have. So other people don't have this problem, even though I have seen a ton of new reports of this occurring for players. Atlas absolutely injected new issues into the client/server, there's no doubt of that. But without troubleshooting from your own system, there's no where to progress for you.

I think you've missed the point of what they were trying to say. They have already checked their own system and found it to be working for everything else except POE. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if before the patch everything was fine and now after the update it's not then the update is obviously the cause of the problem.

I can fully sympathise with this view point. So many times you ring a customer support centre for help and you get stuck with a numbskull going through a flow diagram usually asking you questions or getting you to do things which have no relevance to the problem at hand.

When that all fails to produce results you then get fobbed off with a 'We'll get back to you' and then they never do. 3 days later the monkey in charge of the service puts the plug they disconnected back in at the companies end and low and behold everything starts working again.

It is frustrating as hell!

The game runs fine for me. I haven't crashed or disconnected at all. What I have had a problem with is creating an end game labyrinth and entering the portal. When I click it nothing happens. Though I'm sure if I update my graphics card drivers everything will be fine again because it can't possibly be a problem with the game.

And even if updating my graphics card did solve the problem I would still argue that it's the game at fault not my computer. Because if the game worked fine before the update and everything else running on my computer works fine after the update besides POE then the update is the cause of my problem not my graphics card.

Just because updating my graphics card fixes the problem doesn't mean my system is at fault. It means GGG broke the game for my system. At which point it would be nice for them to tell us the things we need to do to our systems in order to get the game working again or fix that which they have broken by applying a patch for it instead of us having to do something about it ourselves.
The Lag is gone in those zones now.!!!!! THANKS YOU !!! MY PAIN IS FINALLY OVER!!
"
Chaoticmess wrote:
I think you've missed the point of what they were trying to say.

No, I understood them completely. I think you missed my point...

"
Chaoticmess wrote:
They have already checked their own system and found it to be working for everything else except POE. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if before the patch everything was fine and now after the update it's not then the update is obviously the cause of the problem.

You don't understand: because of the drastic changes pushed out with Atlas, systems that worked fine before are having issues, not because of Atlas itself, but because of how these systems function when presented with more workload on each core due, meaning more heat and more power requirements, and additional memory requirements, all due to multi-threading.

Granted, Atlas did introduce a lot of new bugs related to crashes and disconnects. The purpose of troubleshooting a system is to determine whether issues are related to a bug or how their systems performs with Atlas. Many systems have no issue with Atlas, mine included.

I help quite a bit on the tech support forums and you'd be surprised what some people take for granted with their computers. So when philipma said he isn't interested in doing anything but blaming Atlas, it means he'll never know the problem. There could be a patch next week that solves everything for him, or there could be an issue with his system in which he's too stubborn to every find the problem. His loss.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Sep 9, 2016, 8:16:55 AM
If everything was fine before the update then stopped working after it then the patch is obviously the catalyst for the problems arising. It's there for GGG responsibility to inform players about potential problems that might be arising like over heating or lack of memory when updating the game like they have.

I appreciate what you're saying about how some systems are now suffering because they can't cope with or are ill configured to run with this update but it shouldn't be solely up to the player to figure out what is now preventing the game from running.

This is where I go back to saying this: Just because updating my graphics card fixes the problem doesn't mean my system is at fault. It means GGG broke the game for my system. At which point it would be nice for them to tell us the things we need to do to our systems in order to get the game working again or fix that which they have broken by applying a patch for it instead of us having to do something about it ourselves.

This is where I think the OP was coming from. Fobbing us off with excuses about wireless and drivers all the time is frustrating and unhelpful. Sure, by all means include them in a trouble shooting guide but give us more than that. Tell us more in-depth things we can do or just explain about the issues that might have arisen as a result of this update so we are better equipped to solve the problem ourselves. Or better yet tell us their aware of our problems and they will be addressed within a couple of hot fixes time.

Anything is better than unhelpful standard turn it off and turn it on again responses and excuses!
I was playing this game for few YEARS but this new patch, its SO BORING. And crafting suxx, so those essences are useless. pbbly quitting PoE, sad but true :/
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

i was playing this game 2 years.

1 year, it was road to currency for make up the nice build.

when i make it, you got fix it.

RIP CHAOS AND CONVERT

my items just become cheap trash. ok. ive renewed and cd.

2 year, it was road to currency for coc discharge build.

YOU GOT FIX IT

GOOD BYE
Last edited by R.0.M.K.A on Sep 11, 2016, 8:09:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info