Hacked Accounts

Apparently something like this has been circulating lately:

reaaally obvious scam.

I thought it pertinent to post here.

Needless to say, don't fall for this please.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
cvision wrote:
"
whytwokay wrote:
My account got hacked with all my high currencies and some of my gear taken as well. [...] When i downloaded the new patches i had to type in my password which was suppose to be "stored" and when i did i got a message saying it was accessed from another computer and they sent a code to unlock it to my email. I never got this email when they tried to gain access to my account and i know for sure they did not have access to my email. Seems really fishy to me, definitely has to be something on GGGs side, nothing i could have done to protect my account.

Exactly the same happened to me only they also deleted my 75 witch. Immediately checked a lot of other accounts like steam, origin, email etc. All fine, only PoE account got hacked. Really really weird.

It sounds like you're using the same account information for all those accounts. I suggest you go change the passwords right now, a few days (to a week) after I got 'hacked' , my origin account password was changed (pretty much the only thing with the same username/pass). I went back to origin and was luckily able to change my password to something else. But ye, I recommend you change them before something really goes wrong and you lose everything.
GL mate
Cheers
"
Charan wrote:
Apparently something like this has been circulating lately:

reaaally obvious scam.

I thought it pertinent to post here.

Needless to say, don't fall for this please.

lol at the url they didn't even try... at least they are getting ggg more twitter followers.
IGN:_TheHeffNerr_ IGN:_TheHeffNerr IGN:_The_Heff_Nerr_
shop! view-thread/362602 alteration shop! view-thread/379959
[SC][Build][Facebreaker] Righteous Cyclone! view-thread/355643 Killed in 0.11.0 Vote no on the patch!
"
TheHeffNerr_ wrote:
lol at the url they didn't even try... at least they are getting ggg more twitter followers.

And there are people who still fall for emails like that.
So I just started this game, I'm level 20 now.
But once I get home from work I get the message that I logged in from a region I do not play in, normally, twice already. Nothing has been stolen. I changed my password already.
Another interesting feature is the following: The region I do not normally play in, as said in this message is actually prety superclose to mine, just about a few kilometres.... But I do not know anybody from there....

So could it be that the GPS-data is flawed at some point?

Because that's pretty much the only thing that kept me from playing Diablo 3 intensively, getting hacked. I was hoping this was somewhat different here....

Greetings
Last edited by Philipp802 on Mar 14, 2013, 9:16:15 AM
I just posted this in general as I did not realize there was a giant thread about this already.

"I just wanted to thank GGG for putting in the security lock on accounts.

This morning I received an email that someone tried to access my account from Fuzhou, Fujian, China.

Yesterday, I realized I had a Trojan on my computer and promptly got rid of it. This is the first real virus aside from tracking cookies that I've had in a good 8 years or so. I assumed I had gotten it from my laziness in updating flash or java or maybe using Steams built in browser (a game I've been playing this past week is lacking in alt tabbing capabilities.)

Now that I have this email I'm going to take a good guess that it came from something PoE related as I've never had an online game compromised before in almost a decade of playing them.

For those wondering, I'm very conservative in my online browsing. I don't download anything aside from games or school crap, or take risky clicks. I basically just game, do school work, read the news, check reddit, and visit some fansites now and then.

If you've been browsing PoE reddit or fansites and have gotten this account lock, I would suggest a trial version of HitmanPro from CNET to do a scan. A lot of other scans were unable to find this virus."
My account is hacked to ;( and how can i get it back fast as possible

My e-mail adress is <please don't post your personal info in public :( >

Logged Most of time on ip adressed 192.168.1.171

Location of The Ip Belguim

How can i ascess my account in now ;(
Last edited by pneuma on Mar 15, 2013, 2:15:33 PM
"
Sayda wrote:

Logged Most of time on ip adressed 192.168.1.171

Location of The Ip Belguim

this is epic!

PS:
i'd suggest you remove your mail adress from your post and see if you got the unlock code.
otherwise "contact support" ...
weird things happened today i got logged out tried to log in and it said wrong location

using the saved password it said wrong password using my password let me log in

my question is when someone tries to log into my account does it mean i get logged out ?

would be fatal for hc
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Add me to the list of innocent people striped out of all orbs :) First time i get hacked ever, guess i am lucky in that weird way...

Unlucky day here, but i still have food on the table :) Sorry for such an irrelevant post, but i had to say something !! :)
Last edited by splifaroo on Mar 15, 2013, 5:14:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info