[2.5] Crit Cold Snap Inquisitor [SC/HC Viable] [Budget Friendly]

Not bad, I've always been a fan of cold snap, not a fan of the rt/romira's route most people take with it.

I watched your short video, my question is why spell echo? I know why it's usually used, but you seem to be one shotting most things, would probably do a lot more damage overall trading that spell echo for controlled destruction.

Also, hypothermia only gives the damage bonus vs chilled enemies, so you'd only be getting it's bonus vs things you're having to hit more than once. If you're one shotting it, you're not getting any benefit from it.
Last edited by Dreschau on Sep 23, 2016, 6:42:18 PM
"
Not bad, I've always been a fan of cold snap, not a fan of the rt/romira's route most people take with it.

I watched your short video, my question is why spell echo? I know why it's usually used, but you seem to be one shotting most things, would probably do a lot more damage overall trading that spell echo for controlled destruction.

Also, hypothermia only gives the damage bonus vs chilled enemies, so you'd only be getting it's bonus vs things you're having to hit more than once. If you're one shotting it, you're not getting any benefit from it.

That was pretty much my reason for trying a crit version. I love the skill but not the usual play style.

I use spell echo mainly because I have no cast speed on my weapons so casting is very slow without it. Even with fasting casting instead, it still felt abit too slow for me. It probably would be better to use a different gem though if you feel like it's not worth it. Also spell echo is great for getting the perma freeze on rares or bosses.

For the hypothermia thing, I just didn't want the less crit chance from controlled destruction. Hypothermia lets me do more damage to tanky rares or bosses without having that less chance to crit. Maybe I'll play around with it abit though to see if it really makes that big a difference in crit chance

You don't think the power charge in templar and shadow area is worth it, because of the 3 points you have to spend to get there?
Last edited by Ballista on Sep 28, 2016, 5:13:13 PM
"
You don't think the power charge in templar and shadow area is worth it, because of the 3 points you have to spend to get there?

Pretty much. I already have over 75% chance to crit without them anyways
Hey there,

when can i switch to cold snap? When i get Voll's or do i need a min. crit chance?
Oh sorry, i've skipped that sentence:

For the Skill Tree just take the path shown and skip the crit nodes until you have the gear (Voll's + Decent crit weapon + capped resists) to make the switch.

Isn't power charge generation with cold snap bugged or something
"
H4xolotl wrote:
Isn't power charge generation with cold snap bugged or something

The only bug I know of is Cold Snap not bypassing the cooldown with Power Charges in combination with CoC (and probably other trigger gems).

Here's the post with GGG response about it:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1719644

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info