[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

Uber lab is just fine at 16k dot dps (assuming you have decay). You won't kill izaro in 2 seconds, but you should be getting pretty close to oneshotting the first two phases if your wither totem gets to do its work.

Witchfire Brew is very nice both with and without the curse it provides, so you just have to consider your currency and what to aim for. BBRGGG Skins are usually very expensive, and a 700+ regalia will provide quite a bit extra defense. I think that the skin is still the way to go considering how it works as a Tabula on steroids.

The next big investment for the character is pretty defining. If you go for a Skin, you need to sink more currency into your shield and helmet to compensate and make it a good investment. If you go for a 6L regalia, it is a larger investment straight away, but your character will be more complete with one purchase. You could also go for a Shav's and open up for some serious power and further investment in items like Presence of Chayula. It all boils down to how much you want to focus on the ED character or if you are like me and play a lot of different ones.

If you are still unsure about lab at your DPS, i can record a run with similar stats if you want for reference.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAFvAx4HHg18DkgOXA-rES8RUBGWFr8YVhhqGYoajxslHNwdFB1PH0Ei9CSLJogo-isKLKY1uTeDPLY9X0V-SRNJUUmxS65Mg0yzUlNSr1fJWAdcQFxrXIpd8mJaZ_xodGqMavpsC20ZcNR0gXWedoJ4L3vXfOV_xoCzgseESITFh8uJ4I8aj0aP-pDWkUeTH5MnlS6XBpeVl_SboZu1oS-i2abrpwinK6ebsNi0DLTRtUi3MLiTu02-isM6w23EosgMyBTK088V0B_Xz9lb2jvaYt1f35ji9-ZY6FrpAuq662Pr7u-I7-vw1fVv9tr3wffX-Tf5pPno-tL7CQ==?accountName=Pisko&characterName=Nirix

10.5k es
58.5k tooltip

Things i could do at this point:
- Better gloves enchant
- Get 6% more cold res for red tier ele weakness maps
- Get 1 more lvl, respec two 6% es nodes, respec merci bandit and spec into Leadership(coz blasphemy aoe sucks)
- Reroll helmet for higher es
- Yolo ex stuff
- 4 Stat jewels

Overall ED was nice for both maping and boss killing. I've never played it before but it was good new experience of playing with more than 1 button. Character progress was also nice:
Day 1 pure life.
Day 2 switched to hybrid.
Day 3 switched to CI.
Day 4 switched to lowlife.

Rerolling some brainless howa action, thanks for the build.
IGN: Tedyk
Last edited by Pisko on Mar 22, 2017, 7:45:45 AM
Sitting at 28.5k tooltip without charges. other than a 21/20 ED, any other recommendations for me to get for gear? Might look into getting a better decay wep/shield.
I'm doing Life/ES Trickster with MoM. Life: 4.9k. ES: 5.2k. Unreserved Mana: 800.

Current gears:

Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAHRAx4D7gSzBx4NfA5ID6sQexEvEZYTbRQJFr8ZihzcHb4fQSLqJIsmiCaVKPorCjIBMtEzhzWSNj064Ty2QYdFR0WdSRNJT0lRSbFMg03jU1JXyVxAXfJh4mKsaPJqjGyMcNR0gXWedoJ_xoLHhMWFMofLieCPGo_6kx-TJ5UulwaXLZrgm7WdqqEioS-iAKJAotmmV6ebr-uw2LIZtAy00bVItzC3PriTu-O8qr46vorAZsM6xKLIDMgUytPPFc9618_Yvdo72xrmWOq662Pr7u-I8B_w1fJF9Pj1b_k3-aT56P4K_o_-ug==

Not using charge. Haven't done Uber lab.
Tooltip 14.9k.
DoT 39.5k with Pierce and 43k with Slower Proj.

To Do:
_Sell soul for +1 implicit Skin of the Loyal, knocking DoT to around 49k ish.
_Sell another soul for lv.4 Empower. Expected total DoT to be around 55k with 0 currency left.
_Do Uber lab for Walk of the Aether. Mobility must be preserved even when Mana is 0.\

EDIT: Formatting.
Last edited by darker01 on Mar 22, 2017, 7:19:30 PM
Can someone tell me why my dps so low?

Character
A number of reasons:
_No Inc Chaos Damage on jewelleries (3x 20% inc. each on average).
_No helmet enchant (30%-40% inc ED damage).
_Empower level's too low.

At this point your Empower does not give as much a damage boost as Pierce + Slower Proj combination, but recoloring your vaal regalia for 4G would be difficult. I suggest getting a lv 3 Empower, and then maybe a lv 21 ED (more expensive). Additionally Brinerot Whalers can give some 30-40% inc. projectile damage, so consider getting that in place of your current pair boots.

Optimistically with all jewelleries + helmet enchant + Brinerot Whalers gears obtained, you'll be looking at 24k-26k DoT or so. Getting a +1 gem 6L bow with Decay on hit would be nice as well since both ED and Empower will benefit, thereby giving you effectively +2 ED level.

Has any tried out projectile weakness at all? I'm doing discipline & heretics veil with enfeeble/projectile weakness. The 100% pierce feels really nice for clear speed, gets the rolling death moving much faster. It seems way better than vulnerability, unless "enemies take % increased damage from projectiles" doesn't apply to the ED DoT.

I was doing enfeeble/temporal chains but it felt like way overkill defense-wise (best accomplishment so far is nearly deathless phoenix, so grain of salt of course).
Last edited by Venijk on Mar 22, 2017, 11:13:16 PM
@YomiHC, looks good. If it was down to me, I would start looking for a 500 ES shield and some new gloves. Other than better rare items (and the obvious 21/20 gems) you are getting closer to maximizing the potential of the CI version. If you still want to invest more, next step is a Shav's, Presence of Chayula and Empower 4.

@Venijk, If you want to do offensive curses, you should go temp chains > vuln > proj. weakness. The projectile damage does not apply to the DoT, so only the initial hit is scaled by proj. weakness. Poison stacking is the only thing that benefits from the curse for us.
Hi, was looking for a build that shares GGGRBB ES body armour but i don't have empower 4... Will less duration (maybe only lvl 1) give me more damage than empower 3? Iron will (?)
IGN Flatulencia
Thank you for the thorough guide! I started playing with the 3.0 hype so the guide has super helpful for my first season character. Having said that, I feel like I am at the point where I need to start pursuing more expensive upgrades so I was hoping to get some direction on that. Being a newb I'm slow to acquire currency and currently sitting on 31 chaos.

I have no idea how to link my gear (also currently on mobile) but the character name is Olthoi linked below.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/zackman986/characters

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info