[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

What affects decay damage?
Damage over time for sure, seems that chaos damage too?
(no spell damage, proj damage, what about plain "damage" (from jewels)?)

It seems that is doesn't work with contagion.

And tooltip seems to not include this decay damage too.
Decay should work by the same logic as poison, so it should scale with damage over time, chaos damage and damage. Poison also scales with the "method of delivery", which in our case is projectiles. Decay might not work the same way when it comes to projectiles.

When it comes to contagion, neither poison nor decay will work with it, as it does not "hit". Contagion simply applies a damage over time debuff, so only our Abyssal Cry and ED casts are considered hits.

Assuming Decay only scales with the 3 modifiers mentioned above, it should be pretty easy to calculate it's effectiveness compared to poison. So far, I haven't read any solid theory crafting around Decay and scaling other than "it scales".
Available atziri ?? :)
and what jewel you use ??
Last edited by rujikornjjjjs on Oct 21, 2016, 10:52:35 AM
My current jewels:

The Silence Immunity corruption makes me comfortable to drop a curse immunity flask for soft core at the very least.

The build can easily kill both Atziri and Uber Atziri. However, I am not very good at the Atziri fight, nor do I have much currency on standard to do the boss. I did do it deathless on my second try ever, but I didn't record it.
Close to finishing the build. but chayula +1 nowhere in sight.
i need 3 more lvl 21 gems to finish the ED links
some upgrades:

i divined the flask twice.

SS fully buffed

Spoiler

i have tried using enhance for the curses but im not able to use it without taking another mana reservation node which will cost me 12% es, but i might try it.

Skill Tree maybe a little different
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAMeBx4NfA5ID6sRLxFQEZYTbRQJFr8YahmKGmwajxslHNwdTx9BIvQkiyaIKPorCiymNAo1uTdmN4M8tkkTSVFJsUuuTINSr1fJWAdcQFxrXIpd8mJaZ_xqjGwLbRlw1HSBdZ52gngve9d85X_GgLOESITFh8uJ4I8aj0aP-pDWkUeTH5MnlS6XBpuhm7WdrqEvotmm66cIpyunm61KsNi0DLTRtUi3MLiTu02-isM6w23EosgMyBTK088V18_ZW9o73V_fmOL35ljpAuq662Pr7u-I8NX1b_ba98H31_k3-aT7CQ==

My gems: need to upgrade i think 1 of the rare ones.

How do you manage to get so much tooltip DPS?

I am Occulist with a different tree but same gem setup, and i only have 32k DoT tooltip..Is it because of ur frenzy charges?
"
Nedieth wrote:
My current jewels:

The Silence Immunity corruption makes me comfortable to drop a curse immunity flask for soft core at the very least.

The build can easily kill both Atziri and Uber Atziri. However, I am not very good at the Atziri fight, nor do I have much currency on standard to do the boss. I did do it deathless on my second try ever, but I didn't record it.

your jewels are very nice!

"
rectis wrote:
How do you manage to get so much tooltip DPS?

I am Occulist with a different tree but same gem setup, and i only have 32k DoT tooltip..Is it because of ur frenzy charges?

if you're asking me then yes 5 frenzy charges. i think my dps is kind of medium though, look at the OP he has almost 100k dot damage.
Last edited by supersonic666 on Oct 23, 2016, 2:08:51 PM
Getting beyond 60k DoT dps with pierce in the link requires a lot of investment on the build, and only the RF version is able to push past the 100k mark (if you want to min/max tooltip DPS, there is a bow version out there that has crazy tooltip DPS). Keep in mind that these numbers are already more than enough to tackle guardians and shaper, so try not to worry too much about your DPS numbers, and focus more on quality of life upgrades for the build once you are past 30-40k DPS.

Cast speed, area of effect and movement speed all provide a ton of utility and clear speed, while it doesn't affect the DoT DPS at all. I posted a video of me running a high hp Abyss with just 18k tooltip just to prove this point, and it worked just fine.
"
Nedieth wrote:
Getting beyond 60k DoT dps with pierce in the link requires a lot of investment on the build, and only the RF version is able to push past the 100k mark (if you want to min/max tooltip DPS, there is a bow version out there that has crazy tooltip DPS). Keep in mind that these numbers are already more than enough to tackle guardians and shaper, so try not to worry too much about your DPS numbers, and focus more on quality of life upgrades for the build once you are past 30-40k DPS.

Cast speed, area of effect and movement speed all provide a ton of utility and clear speed, while it doesn't affect the DoT DPS at all. I posted a video of me running a high hp Abyss with just 18k tooltip just to prove this point, and it worked just fine.

Not my point. I still wonder how you reach 60k tooltip DoT damage. I am running with dagger + shield with spell damage, ED level 21 and empower 4 and i have 33k DoT DPS
I see that I have 45k DoT DPS without charges and flasks. That is roughly 30% more than you, so I am tempted to ask if you have taken the Pain Attunement Keystone?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info