Cospri's Malice - Embrace it

"
goat4dinner wrote:
I see no valid correlation or synergy between this and cospri's will at all.

Previous comments had valid comments about lack of phys, and also lack of insight into scaling cold as a shadow. clearly some bad choices were made.

I will look forward to picking one of these up for the skin transfer because it does look bat-shit cool. the second i will probably sell if it hasn't gone to vendor worthy market prices. Third drop will be for hargan.

There is definitely a synergy between both. I already figured it out, so other people should as-well.

I'm curious though, if you dual wield these bad boys, can each sword trigger a spell per single crit? Or would they share a cooldown between themselves?

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : i should clarify that i found a synergy between both, perhaps not the intended one of lostarkz.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Sep 1, 2016, 5:14:22 PM
"
"
You really have no idea what you're talking about at all, Xanarot.

"
Xanarot wrote:
You mention exactly what we are talking about!

Its effectively a mjolnir, just... worse in every way.
Remove the phys damage, chain effect, and reduce procs from 'on hit' to 'on crit'. Tadaa, this weapon remains.

Except it's not "30% on crit". It's "guaranteed on crit" (and both weapons have internal cooldowns now). So if your crit chance is over 30%, congrats, this is better than mjolner (also higher attack speed). The +1 chain was never a huge benefit from mjolner, and now that you can't have arc trigger at the same time as another gem, it's even more useless; also, the physical damage from mjolner is literally worthless. No one tries to DPS with weapon damage from mjolner. You have never actually used mjolner, have you? Honestly? Newsflash--assassins were scaling reach of the council, a 6 base crit weapon, to have capped crit. 95%. Easily. Now, as long as you're consuming power charges with discharge (which is not a requirement--there could possibly be a cold spell that's preferred), you won't scale quite that high most of the time, but passing 50% will be downright easy. That's the *legacy* mjolner value.

I am confused but correct me if I am wrong... You are aware Mjolners are getting 100% chance on hit post patch right?

Wat.

I hadn't heard that before.

I missed it in the patch notes because I wasn't interested in discharge.

But that's... a huge buff. A ridiculous buff. They thought it would balance out the nerf? Ew.

Thanks for the correction, sorry for the mistake.

Holy shit gross.

All that's left is to find out if the internal cooldown for mjolner is as low as it is for cospri's malice.
I wonder how a dual wield cleave with Freeze Pulse would work out.

Freeze pulse has a massive damage on close range and would make a massive synergy if it targets properly.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
"

Wat.

I hadn't heard that before.

I missed it in the patch notes because I wasn't interested in discharge.

But that's... a huge buff. A ridiculous buff. They thought it would balance out the nerf? Ew.

Thanks for the correction, sorry for the mistake.

Holy shit gross.

All that's left is to find out if the internal cooldown for mjolner is as low as it is for cospri's malice.

As far as I understand it, Malice and Mjolner have the same cooldown of 100ms.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
Boem wrote:
I'm curious though, if you dual wield these bad boys, can each sword trigger a spell per single crit?

Well, both swords can't make a single crit. They said 'one spell per trigger event', if you use a skill like dual strike it will calculate damage and additional effects separately, merging damage into a single hit only after that. So, I'd imagine those are two events so you would be able to trigger with both swords, provided the spells are different.

Not very open to exploit if that is so, you could do the same with one sword and double strike as long as you aren't attacking faster than 5 times per second. I suppose the best case scenario would be attacking 9,99 times per second with dual strike which would give you 20 spells per second.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Sep 1, 2016, 5:35:46 PM
im in love
so the thing is, cospri's will = poison on cursed targets.

- Cleave
- added chaos
- increased crit chance
- faster attacks
- life leech
- crit-multy/fortify (optionel six link)

left hand

- freeze pulse
- added chaos
- hypothermia

right hand

- glacial cascade
- added chaos
- hypothermia

Your effectively stacking 3 added chaos gems on poison in a single crit swing and that's a lot of potency.
Hypo will always trigger and will buff base + poison damage.

Go inquisitor for permafreeze on bosses/though mobs and nuke them down with poison and freeze at the same time.

herald of frost/ blasphemy - temp chain - assasins mark

Scale AOE for curse radiuses/frost explosions and cleave radius + crit obviously.

If you can manage to pull the defenses together, this build should be quite sick.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : since we take duelist leach, we can go fortify and crit multy or even added lightning/cold/WeD if desired. If running reflect map, remove lvl 20 freeze pulse/glacial with lvl 1 versions.

edit2 : tree might look deceptive since we go 7 jewels to gather the %increases we cant naturally get to.
Last edited by Boem on Sep 1, 2016, 6:22:05 PM
Is anybody else seeing a pretty nice synergy with soul taker here?
Also it kinda makes sense with it being cold related, as the 3 attributes are all related to a damage type, defense type, playstyle and a charge type.
Strength: Fire, armor, brute force melee, endurance charges
Intelligence: Lightning, ES, spells, power charges
Dexterity: Cold, evasion, crit/agile melee or ranged, frenzy charges
Imo it makes a lot of sense, ESPECIALLY on a shadow. Maybe for next item something like "While on full frenzy charges x% of cold damage converted to chaos damage"? Anyways, hyped for this thing and upcoming items from you! I only hope that one day I can afford cospri's will aswell T-T
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
Boem wrote:
"
goat4dinner wrote:
I see no valid correlation or synergy between this and cospri's will at all.

Previous comments had valid comments about lack of phys, and also lack of insight into scaling cold as a shadow. clearly some bad choices were made.

I will look forward to picking one of these up for the skin transfer because it does look bat-shit cool. the second i will probably sell if it hasn't gone to vendor worthy market prices. Third drop will be for hargan.

There is definitely a synergy between both. I already figured it out, so other people should as-well.

I'm curious though, if you dual wield these bad boys, can each sword trigger a spell per single crit? Or would they share a cooldown between themselves?

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : i should clarify that i found a synergy between both, perhaps not the intended one of lostarkz.

Each sword should have a separate cool down as they are different sources of triggers
Designing Cospri's Will: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1665314
Designing Cospri's Malice: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1717008
Iron Heart/Iron Fortress too!
Last edited by LostArtz on Sep 1, 2016, 7:49:10 PM
"
LostArtz wrote:

Each sword should have a separate cool down as they are different sources of triggers

That's sexy man.

Appreciate the thought and work you put into this unique, i see some fun stuff in it's near future.

You like my cold chaos stacker concept, totally fits the art of the sword in my opinion.

Call it "cospri's tainted ice blender" :')

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : so they both could proq glacial cascade on bosses hmmm.
Last edited by Boem on Sep 1, 2016, 8:06:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info