Cospri's Malice - Embrace it

You really have no idea what you're talking about at all, Xanarot.

"
Xanarot wrote:
You mention exactly what we are talking about!

Its effectively a mjolnir, just... worse in every way.
Remove the phys damage, chain effect, and reduce procs from 'on hit' to 'on crit'. Tadaa, this weapon remains.

Except it's not "30% on crit". It's "guaranteed on crit" (and both weapons have internal cooldowns now). So if your crit chance is over 30%, congrats, this is better than mjolner (also higher attack speed). The +1 chain was never a huge benefit from mjolner, and now that you can't have arc trigger at the same time as another gem, it's even more useless; also, the physical damage from mjolner is literally worthless. No one tries to DPS with weapon damage from mjolner. You have never actually used mjolner, have you? Honestly? Newsflash--assassins were scaling reach of the council, a 6 base crit weapon, to have capped crit. 95%. Easily. Now, as long as you're consuming power charges with discharge (which is not a requirement--there could possibly be a cold spell that's preferred), you won't scale quite that high most of the time, but passing 50% will be downright easy. That's the *legacy* mjolner value.

"
There's various drawbacks on why NOT to use it over various other weapons, but there is nothing that says 'use me cause..'.

Take the assassin for example. You'd be forced into cold damage, but near assassin is lightning weapon damage/pen node. The cold weapon damage/pen node is down at duelist. So besides all those drawbacks, you'd also need to go out of your way in terms of pathing for this thing to work half-decently.
With mjolnir you wouldnt care, as the damage is still physical so

Discharge isn't just a lightning spell. You can just use discharge with this weapon in exactly the same way as mjolner. It does less damage now, sure, but it's not like anyone has a great idea for lightning spells to work with mjolner that are better than discharge even with the trigger nerf.

"

I hope i'm wrong, but where with things like the other uniques (brass dome, cast-on-cast helmet) everybody was extatic.. this one mostly makes people go 'edit post: doesnt work', 'edit post: nvm, its on-crit mod is local' or 'we need the 3rd item'

You're obviously wrong. A five-year-old can understand my explanation as to why you're wrong. Maybe stop talking, and then you can stop being wrong.
Last edited by codetaku on Sep 1, 2016, 4:32:08 PM
"
No one tries to DPS with weapon damage from mjolner.

Not really, I do.
Spoiler
It's ass.

The main advantage over Myolner that I can see is you kinda have to build crit so your spells will automatically be stronger. There are crit Myolners but left side was always fairly attractive because of RT, easier STR requirement, extra curse, AoE scaling and Iron Will.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Sep 1, 2016, 4:24:13 PM
Ok, a little follow up on my idea from earlier.

Here's the basic idea of the build.

1. Scale up the base crit of the weapon using Assassin and Increased Crit Strikes gem. With 6 PC's, the weapon will have a base crit of 10.5.

2. Use Voll's Protector to rapidly generate PC's, one for each enemy we hit with a crit strike.

So what are the cast skills going to be?
1. Discharge (It's a cold skill, lol). This will be mainly lightning damage.
2. Vortex. It has high base damage and enemies within it are chilled, in addition to a nice DoT.
Supported by.... Hypothermia. Since enemies are already chilled, we can use this as a damage bonus without having to drop crit with controlled destruction. Good alternatives include Inc AoE for faster clearing and Conc Effect for bosses.

What's the trigger skill going to be? Probably Cyclone. We can do something like Cyclone + Fortify + Inc Crit + Cast on Crit + another spell. Could be more damage output or a curse.

Auras? Probably looking at Warlord's Mark on Blasphemy and Arctic Armor.

This tree is something I came up with quickly for a life based version at level 88. It might need Vaal Pact. But a CI version is also possible. Maybe even a CI Trickster, but that would need more sword crit on the tree.

But yeah, I'm claiming this build idea for now. :)

-Savage
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Last edited by zSavage on Sep 1, 2016, 4:19:41 PM
"
raics wrote:
"
No one tries to DPS with weapon damage from mjolner.

Not really, I do.
Spoiler
It's ass.

<3

Okay, you're right, people *try* to DPS with weapon damage from mjolner, they just don't succeed.

"

The main advantage over Myolner that I can see is you kinda have to build crit so your spells will automatically be stronger. There are crit Myolners but left side was always fairly attractive because of RT, easier STR requirement, extra curse, AoE scaling and Iron Will.

True, iron will is a nice and easy thing for mjolner users to take. But I think people scaling crit instead as dex/int builds won't be disappointed with the results.
its ok
Creator
This item for some reason makes me think of Dark Souls.
Can't really put a finger on it why though.

Anyway, it's a great unique, will be a blast of theorycrafting with it, you deliver with your uniques mate!
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
"
You really have no idea what you're talking about at all, Xanarot.

"
Xanarot wrote:
You mention exactly what we are talking about!

Its effectively a mjolnir, just... worse in every way.
Remove the phys damage, chain effect, and reduce procs from 'on hit' to 'on crit'. Tadaa, this weapon remains.

Except it's not "30% on crit". It's "guaranteed on crit" (and both weapons have internal cooldowns now). So if your crit chance is over 30%, congrats, this is better than mjolner (also higher attack speed). The +1 chain was never a huge benefit from mjolner, and now that you can't have arc trigger at the same time as another gem, it's even more useless; also, the physical damage from mjolner is literally worthless. No one tries to DPS with weapon damage from mjolner. You have never actually used mjolner, have you? Honestly? Newsflash--assassins were scaling reach of the council, a 6 base crit weapon, to have capped crit. 95%. Easily. Now, as long as you're consuming power charges with discharge (which is not a requirement--there could possibly be a cold spell that's preferred), you won't scale quite that high most of the time, but passing 50% will be downright easy. That's the *legacy* mjolner value.

I am confused but correct me if I am wrong... You are aware Mjolners are getting 100% chance on hit post patch right?
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
I want it already.
There is a sure way to die.

Билды - это листья на дереве Path of Exile. C каждым патчем одни опадают, и каждую лигу вырастают другие.
Very nice unique man.. Props. Ive always been a sucker for cold damage in ARPGs because it typically damage with built in defenses. I like it ALOT.

Can you give any insight as to the rarity tier of this weapon by chance? Or do you not know?
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
I see no valid correlation or synergy between this and cospri's will at all.

Previous comments had valid comments about lack of phys, and also lack of insight into scaling cold as a shadow. clearly some bad choices were made.

I will look forward to picking one of these up for the skin transfer because it does look bat-shit cool. the second i will probably sell if it hasn't gone to vendor worthy market prices. Third drop will be for hargan.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info