[2.5] Essence Drain Build Options (HC Uber Atziri/Shaper Viable)

Really enjoying the build so far. Currently at level 71 and my damage is starting to slow down a bit in Act 4 merc. While i still have to do cruel and merc Labs(which i will be attempting today) is there anything else i should do to optimize my gear?

I should have enough chaos orbs to buy the dagger in a day or two. Need advice on buying the remaining rares.
Last edited by Demious on Dec 8, 2016, 10:35:09 PM
"
Demious wrote:
Really enjoying the build so far. Currently at level 71 and my damage is starting to slow down a bit in Act 4 merc. While i still have to do cruel and merc Labs(which i will be attempting today) is there anything else i should do to optimize my gear?

I should have enough chaos orbs to buy the dagger in a day or two. Need advice on buying the remaining rares.

Get a consuming dark which will help for labs (not sure how much they cost). Quality on gems will go a far way and you are just working towards your 6link after that. Consider buying a level 20 essence drain if you can, will help
"
sourtimer wrote:
Sorry if I missed it. What is the optimal Ascendancy for this build ?

Trickster

"
Rhacius wrote:
Which gems should we prioritize to get to 20%?

Essence drain first, rest are all the same.

Temporal Chains as well I guess (though that is not main links)
"
ProjectPT wrote:
Get a consuming dark which will help for labs (not sure how much they cost). Quality on gems will go a far way and you are just working towards your 6link after that. Consider buying a level 20 essence drain if you can, will help

Thank man. Consuming Dark runs for about 12-15 chaos, which is really decent compared to the cost of must have uniques required for other builds. Cospri's Will on the other hand is 135 chaos to 2 exalts ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Would it be worthwhile going Atrophy early on for the damage boost before I can get 100% pierce?
Last edited by Trickerino on Dec 11, 2016, 1:39:51 AM

This is my gear and I tried to do a 68 map for the first time yesterday and I am struggling hard, which gear piece should I upgrade next?
"
Shamatix wrote:

This is my gear and I tried to do a 68 map for the first time yesterday and I am struggling hard, which gear piece should I upgrade next?

You really need to invest in a 5 link, like really badly. The life rolls on some of your gear isn't great either but that can come a bit later. You need to link wither to spell totem (Buy on Poe.Trade for an alch) And then have contagion and faster casting in it's own link. For your essence drain 5 link have rapid decay, void manipulation, controlled destruction, and pierce. Grab a blasphemy gem, temporal chains, and enfeeble and link those all together in a 3 link and you'll gain a huge amount of survivability. If you have the space after this try and get cast when damage taken and immortal call linked together, but keep them at a low level so that it still works, as when you level up cast when damage taken it takes more damage to trigger immortal call. After doing all of this you should have a noticable increase in survivability and damage, hope this has helped!
Last edited by chulipstop on Dec 11, 2016, 4:58:26 AM
"
chulipstop wrote:
"
Shamatix wrote:

You really need to invest in a 5 link, like really badly. The life rolls on some of your gear isn't great either but that can come a bit later. You need to link wither to spell totem (Buy on Poe.Trade for an alch) And then have contagion and faster casting in it's own link. For your essence drain 5 link have rapid decay, void manipulation, controlled destruction, and pierce. Grab a blasphemy gem, temporal chains, and enfeeble and link those all together in a 3 link and you'll gain a huge amount of survivability. If you have the space after this try and get cast when damage taken and immortal call linked together, but keep them at a low level so that it still works, as when you level up cast when damage taken it takes more damage to trigger immortal call. After doing all of this you should have a noticable increase in survivability and damage, hope this has helped!

I got a 5link from our guild bank
not the best tho and bet it will be hard for me to get 3 greens in this chest. I just started playing poe is barely got any currency. I will try get a spell totem for the wither, what else should be with the wither and spell totem gems?
current gear

7k Energy shield with this chest, ~5.5k without(i dont have +250 es from Ascendancy yet). Its a cheap, decent option. Bought mine for 35c. Still testing which curse i like more - Enfeeble / Vulnerability. Game expirience with this build is very enjoyable, thanks for this build.
"
Art52 wrote:
current gear

7k Energy shield with this chest, ~5.5k without(i dont have +250 es from Ascendancy yet). Its a cheap, decent option. Bought mine for 35c. Still testing which curse i like more - Enfeeble / Vulnerability. Game expirience with this build is very enjoyable, thanks for this build.

What is your damage like on Essence Drain?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info