Path of Exile 2.4.0: Atlas of Worlds Patch Notes

"
blah2224 wrote:

Miner nerf: Okay, even I have a miner myself, have to say that the change to bladefall mine mechanic really address the problem, it will slow down the mapping and clearing speed of miner significantly. if not the slowest ( cleave duh ? ). I'm fine because of the simple rule high risk high reward, if a build can melt bosses 1 shot then it should suck in mapping. No complain. But the change to remote mine which does not apply to DoT is an overkill. First it affects other spells like Vortex ( which was clearly not OP in any sense, and now it's brick ). Secondly Miners have a different approach to boss fight. They can't be versatile as other class with attack or spell, even not compared to trap because bosses will not wait for you to run around and place mines, it takes too long and also need detonate. They already have enough trouble with quick bosses like gorge boss or plaza, izaro...basically anything that moves. The DoT helps to take down bosses HP while repositioning to the next mine. Now without the DoT of course the fight lasts longer and surely miners are on the risk of getting rekt as now they have to come close to the boss, place mines, ( not to mention that curse effective on boss is now reduced ), detonate, move on ( if the boss does not move as BF mines now only fall at the same location ).

So now we have a build which clear map slow as a snail while not anymore effective as a boss killer. Who would play it ?

Guess why the Bladefall Miner was the only miner in the game? Because only those were "auto aimed". I have no idea why, but it should be same as all mines. But problem is that noone is using mines, because they jsut suck. In my opinion, instead of making Baldefall mines same as other - They should make all other spells in mines work as Bladefall. If all spells in mines were "auto aimed" more people would use them, and we could see again some Miner's builds.
(I wanted to try Fire Nova Mine by myself, but after testing I realized how bad mines are)
Last edited by Aynix on Sep 1, 2016, 7:31:39 PM
"
Shaper of Desolation now grants different Confluxes over a fourteen-second cycle: Chilling Conflux for four seconds, Shocking Conflux for four seconds, Igniting Conflux for four seconds and then all three together for two seconds. Each Conflux means that any damage causes that Status Ailment. Elemental Conflux was too powerful. The new version requires more strategy (and doesn't need a kill to get started).

reminds me of this one:

My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383
Hideout Community Discord: https://discord.gg/B2xQkmf
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
Last edited by guggelhupf on Sep 1, 2016, 7:39:55 PM
Mines were cool because of secondary dot double-dip.
No dot scale, poison damage nerf, facetank while placing (no leech!), damned shift constant hold... wtf?! who hate mines so much?
At least traps still there.
#RussiaIaATerroristState
Last edited by VS_Revan on Sep 1, 2016, 7:45:38 PM
"
VS_Revan wrote:
No dot scale, poison damage nerf, facetank while placing (no leech!), damned shift constant hold... wtf?! who hate mines so much?

heh patch ain't live yet......
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
"
DartMarRagar wrote:

"
Here is no balance only some build what favorized by GGG and some what GGG bored same like in LoL where no really balance between heroes but time to time change which heroes works better. You dont believe for me?! Fire ball damage now 496–744 at level 20, Frostbolt 752–1129 at level 20. Fireball last changes was in 2.0, frostbolt in 2.3 its a new skill with prophecy league. Why GGG needed 3-4 months to understand the different between frostbolt and fire ball and power up now the fire ball with 50% more damage?! Skill/build favorizing. The Worst concept ever! Or GGG confused in his own game.

You forgot to add at the end IMHO ...

I nothing forgot its fact. What IMHO was
"
Skill/build favorizing. The Worst concept ever!
. Maybe somebody love this concept, but i guess if a game have 100 skill, then all of them have to be playable and now CoC less effective than before and with some build is nearly useless than before was. The unpredictable game changes after every league are irritating. If i have 7-8 build plan but they are expensive i cannot do them in 3-4 months and after come a patch what mean i cannot finish some of them... not now or later... NEVER! I dont know who needed this CoC nerf but i dont. Everybody else could build what he/she wanna CoC dont hold them back, i played summoner and melee builds too. In perandus i played self caster. Not was the best but had potential and i loved. I saw blade vortex build where every blade hit 65k damage or 1kk dps icestorm build. I never told those overpowered and nerf them. Everybody have problem with CoC overpowered, but it isnt true. There is alot of build what reach CoC builds dps if not more. Compare what will do CoC and what will do a self caster, the self caster will be far better than a CoCer. If simple we only see the cast/sec then CoC will cast 2 or 4 skill/sec while with self caster we could 6-7. The maximum casts with CoC was 20 until now so its a huge nerf. (At 1st time it was 100 per sec, but i guess that was unreasonable. 20 was fair. But now = useless.)

"
DartMarRagar wrote:

"
GGG nerfed CoC and decreased the build diversity.

And nothing that the CoC was unbalanced skill? Yes, and the chaos that occurred on the monitor screen when using it caused a terrible lags, which is not in his favor ...

Thats the GGG RIP logic:

Engine Multithreading:
This patch introduces the new multithreaded engine features that should significantly improve game performance for most users. They were previously an opt-in beta test.
To disable this feature, change "Engine Multithreading" in the Graphics Options to "Disabled". It is automatically disabled if your CPU has less than four hardware cores.
Frame rate increases are most significant when there are a lot of entities in the scene. This means situations with large amounts of combat should have much more stable frame rates. Do not expect significant increases in frame rate in non-combat situations.
If you are GPU-bound, you shouldn't expect significant increases in frame rate.

So they made the combats less laggy and at the same time with this improvement they nerf CoC. What is the Logic here?! Until now while they did nothing was good the CoC and now when they improve the game they nerf it.
Maybe they feared after this alot of player would use CoC?! Idk. But the consequence they decreased the build diversity for no reasons... (I never had problem with CoC. Sometimes when lagged then lagged, but i didnt cared. It was fun always. RIP CoC 09.02.2016)
that change to mjolner is gonna piss alot of people off. If i had any interest in this game anymore i would be right there with them. RIP
Mjölner hit proc chance has been more than tripled. it will be smoother. the thing that will be unpredictable about what was entirely unpredictable before is the kingsguard healing factor. old legacy Mjölner had the same issues as the new legacy (30%) one, in that it healed completely unreliably. with juggernaut getting 100% chance to gain max charges, you could still be killed, albeit less often. with the 100% chance to proc, that unpredictability is gone, you will get at LEAST 100 heal every single hit. the spells don't cast together, so it won't be as chunky, but it will still work as well, if not better than before because now it will ALWAYS work. Mjölner now has the capability of taking over the mapping scene like never before, even if you have to sit there a tiny bit longer and hit more ( like you did with 30% mjölner and no juggernaut ascendancy). 25% chance to gain max charges is awesome given the new, always-works hammer. nothing in the notes says that mjölner has a cooldown. it only has a one-cast-per-trigger instead of all of them going off. the hit rate of Discharge, or whatever spell you socket in there will skyrocket, but it won't be as hard on resources because the casts will be spaced out more evenly, giving servers and your CPU time to catch up. Divine shrine lockout will be a thing of the past, as the one-cast-per-frame will make it to where the thousands of casts that are a result of the enemies not being able to die is now gone. this is a buff in survivability because you won't be crashing out your game or the server. it's better for everybody. CoC cooldown is a bit excessive. they should have made it the same as CWDT/CWS/CoMK of 250ms.
ee
"

You are idiot! For example the challenge in the game for me to find out a build what nobody tried out or try out those which looks intresting. I dont care the atlas of worlds or uber atziri. If i can kill a strong boss with a build then i know what is that build potential and i dont care the loot until i need currency for next build. What you call challenge or content i call them build potential measurer. I dont wanna be the Best of All. I just dont wanna lose the chance to build out something what looks imteresting. I wanna more option to make intresting builds. GGG nerfed CoC and decreased the build diversity. Thats all what i have to know. Atlas of worlds?! fklcanzhrdmejc who cares?! NPCs stories?! who cares?! Zana voice changes?! Who cares?! Idk but not me!

LMAO!! GGG nerfed CoC and decreased build diversity?! Do you even party man? EVERY TOM, DICK AND HARRY was using CoC. Why? Because it allowed for stupidly overpowered builds where you could effortlessly destroy most of the hardest content in the game. When something is good enough to outshine most other builds by a very large factor, it's imbalanced, and needs to be hit with the nerfbat hard.
Last edited by MimSiE on Sep 2, 2016, 12:03:11 AM
"
"
VS_Revan wrote:

heh patch ain't live yet......

And whoops! Traps also no longer scale DoT...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info