Path of Exile 2.4.0: Atlas of Worlds Patch Notes

"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Other Balance Changes:
  • Players at very high levels (95 and higher) now incur an additional experience penalty equal to 1 - ( 1 / ( 1 + 0.1 * ( level - 94 ) ) ). For example, a level 96 player receives 16.67% less experience than before.

Neat!
"
What im missing? why the price of mjolner skyrocket in std?

Just people trying to manipulate the market. They will never sell. Mjolner is worthless trash now.

Hagan wont even buy them.
I'm, uh, pretty new and most of these changes don't really affect me. I'll probably just make a Siege Ballista build because I like that skill.
"

"

Unique Item Balance:

Mjölner: Its chance to cast socketed lightning skills on hit has been increased from 30% to 100%. Use a Divine orb if you want your legacy one to change.

Doesn't that explain it?
"
Helmsman527 wrote:
"
leonardorubin wrote:

the friend don`t understand this game it`s not for doing the most OP build, is for creativity and individual development, for that is your feels, and respect for the customers? this means give to all their likes? no no, waste your precious time in another activity, the obstacles are not for you

Let's take the facts
You're talking that this game is about creativity and individual development
You have 13 posts on this forum and none of them related to builds that you developed and wanted to share with community
I can accept your words in case if you have a list of chars similar to what Mathil has.
Characters that you developed, carefully planned and later shared with the community
But all posts you have on this forum are just trolling
Where is your creativity?
Where is your individual development?
I'm sure all chars that you have use mechanics invented by others.
What obstacles are you talking?
Have you invented your own build which you shared with community - it can be counted as the accepted challenge of the game and proof that you passed successfully through the obstacles. Otherwise it's just bla-bla-bla and trolling on forum.

The other guy wrote pretty much the same:
"
DartMarRagar wrote:

Well, of course! If Mathil said so, then it is divine truth! Man, you do not have your head on your shoulders or something?! Think of a unique build and prove that Mathil wrong... But no, it's easier to give up and stop playing... The act of a loser...

He is asking me to invent a new build, while has only one char in his account which is lvl 85 and uses Voltaxic
What a great and fresh build he invented! I'm sure he was fighting hard with the obstacles!

I bet there's more people that play this game to have fun, not to prove how fucking amazing, creative, clever, brilliant, skilled hero's they are.

You don't have to care what Mathil or anybody else said, if you have half a brain the patch notes are clear enough.

GGG destroy your fun and waste your time and don't give a fuck about it.
RNG in defences is not enjoyable. Poorly designed, really. Unrelenting nerf shouldve been "can only happen once every 5 seconds" or something like that, instead.

Scaeva nerf is ridiculous. It went from an OK sword to being a shit sword.

Rest of nerfs i agree with. Inquisitor and Occultist shouldve been slightly nerfed.
Biggest letdown is that poisom double dip is not yet fixed. We'll be seeing trappers and miners steamrolling all this expasion content again i guess.

In all honesty: Good job GGG. You're heading in the right direction. Thanks for an awesome game!
"
Atlaworks wrote:
I'm, uh, pretty new and most of these changes don't really affect me. I'll probably just make a Siege Ballista build because I like that skill.

You, I like you!
"
Boredom111 wrote:
"

"

Unique Item Balance:

Mjölner: Its chance to cast socketed lightning skills on hit has been increased from 30% to 100%. Use a Divine orb if you want your legacy one to change.

Doesn't that explain it?

You know what that proves don't you?

That proves that ggg's whole policy on legacies is based around lies.

It proves there was no need for a legacy mjolner in the first place.

It is a clear indication that what they say should be taken with a pinch of salt.

"Thanks for your continued and generous support. We're greatly looking forward to exploring the Atlas of Worlds with you this weekend!"

hahaha yea right
"
Coal48 wrote:
Spoiler
-if I understand correctly, the changes to incinerate, making it a "channeled skill: completely destroys the build I made?

Maybe some people will help me clarify if it's the case or not, here's how it works:

1. use romira's banquet to generate power charges on non-critical strikes
2. take conviction of power from the hierophant to have 25% chance to generate endurance charges on power charges
3. incinerate cannot crit, so you always generate power charges, so on every hit, you have 25% chance to get a endurance charge
4. incinerate as a fast cast speed so you hit very often and so generate maximum endurance charges quickly
5. from there you can keep them, consume them with immortal call (which is what I do) or consume them with discharge
6. if I understand the mechanic change correctly, the build now only can generate 1 power charge when activated, and so 25% chance to get only 1 endurance charge when hitting something, even if you make multiple hits while channeling, it won't count, you need to stop and activate the skill another time to generate another charge

and if that's the case, that god damn breaks my heart, since I'm a very bad player, this build was my remedy, I guess I can still technically make it work by using a non-channeled skill but it will be vastly inferior and I cannot keep using incinerate anymore

"
falagar112 wrote:
You can use barrage - around same hits/second, not a channeled skill, and probably alot easier to use for a "bad" player as you called yourself - as it can offscreen and doesn't need the melee range that incinerate does.

Not to mention you don't need stun immunity with barrage.

edit: I know barrage can crit, however, the way the charge generation works, and the low base crit chance on barrage - it won't be less charges, i have a feeling you'll actually end up getting more of them simply because of how much easier it is to hit things with barrage (since it can pierce)

As for Navali:

There were act specific prophecies, not sure how that will turn out now that it's h/o only. And as far as my reading comprehension goes: you rescue her in the cliffs, and can invite her into your hideout for free (not losing a master spot) - sounds to me that you can ONLY use her in hideout to me.

thanks for the suggestion

I used faster projectiles with my incinerate build, so it wasn't melee range
I also used GMP to cover a wide area, Barrage can't do that but I'll still consider it
I didn't use unwavering stance for stun immunity, Mind over matter prevented stuns decently I think
If I were to use barrage I would simply go for resolute technique to guarantee power charge generation and not missing

Didn't think about RT, that might be an option.

Anyways, to compare barrage vs incinerate: (+ proper supports)

Incinerate:
- needs faster proj and gmp to screen clear.
- is in 2.4 a channeled skill, so it can only proc buffs once/cast.
- you have stationary dps, limiting clear speed.
- needs stun immunity - you are right for general mapping, you can get away without it, for big hits, endgame content, I would *never* run without stun immunity, you stop incinerate, you lose all sustain through leech and charges, and probably die. Even a 1% stun chance would still randomly kill you on say uber atziri. This is an easy though expensive fix through skyforths ofc.
+ procs charges faster/cast time then barrage does.
+ does more damage then barrage does. (assuming you dont go barrage+poison)
+ easy access to fire buffing passives.

Barrage:
- needs RT to get close to the same charge generation.
- is harder to buff starting at templar area.
+ easier to sustain. (phys leech/vaal pact option)
+ does not need stun immunity whatsoever.
+ faster speed clear as no channeled skill.
+ offscreens & pierces (drillneck) at no support gem cost.
+ volley fire jewel
++++ barrage does not need GMP nor faster proj (it already offscreens, and you can use reach of the council bow/+1 drillneck and volley fire jewels to get up to 11 arrows, beating incinerate+gmp 2:1)

I think... barrage wins out mate!
It would be a weird tree, and takes some effort to make a build for it as templar start is kinda meh, and you might need quite a few dex items to make it work etc... but it would definatly be the better skill for your plan :)
Last edited by falagar112 on Sep 1, 2016, 7:41:02 AM
I am playing PoE because it is changing, else it would turn into a one of those millions of games around which is "same-old, same-old all" the time..

PoE is changing, rebalancing, motivating to explore. It is the point !

And about the exp penalty thing. OK guys i get it - you need to have a full account of lvl 100 characters, and then just run around pretending you did the most awesome thing since the creation of the universe, well.. - breaking news - it is not. Been with the rest of the guys in-game and colaborating over some weird ideas about progress, items and builds is the point I believe.

And yeah - I am very sorry about the item bot characters of a few items stores, but unfortunately even you shall have to rethink a bit your build before start boting again ;)
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info