Cumulative Atlas Completion Bonus

"
innervation wrote:
Basically, take your map pool at its best sustained level in Prophecy. Then shift it up 1.25 tiers.

don't think ggg's new mechanics work that way.

because it doesn't improve the current case of a monster dropping a map which is the max tier for the monster's rarity. magic + rare monsters will still drop +1 and bosses +2 map tiers max.

or did you include that in the 1,25 already?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Aug 29, 2016, 9:58:46 AM
It's arguably going to be less than a tier improvement because any +2 drop from a boss will not be improved, any +1 drop from magic/rare will not be improved, any +0 drop from normal mobs will not be improved. If that's (pulling arbitrary number out of thin air) 10% of the maps you currently run, you're only getting +1 tier on the other 90%. And this is ignoring how progression won't get +2s until you've cleared +2 tiers. Honestly, if they still enforce mob caps, atlas completion bonus will feel miniscule.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on Aug 29, 2016, 10:22:01 AM
So ELI5 is map drops stay the same. The more you explore the better your maps drops are. So the average player will end up stuck at a one or two tiers (if lucky) higher then they usually do.

So instead of being stuck at T12, I'll be stuck T13-T14.

So once again...we are gating the newest content that everybody wants to experience behind RNG.

I swear this game is going to give me a nervous twitch.
This is much better than Old Atlas Bonus.
But the monster cap is hurt, make player feel unhappy. How about if capped, give some Q or rarity Bonus on maps?
And a question is, how we know a map is upgraded? When we got a map capped by monster, we don't know if it's upgraded or wasted because cap. This make Atlas Bonus "CAN'T SEE", that's so bad.
I hope GGG can see this post, a "CAN'T SEE" bonus as a main feature of big version, is so bad.
Last edited by fasknifer on Aug 29, 2016, 10:53:06 AM
There just needs to be something in place like a map drop cannot go below like 4 tiers, because this AoW change helps getting a higher map tier it also just makes it so that now instead of a tier 5 in my tier 13 i get a tier 6.
Last edited by DiabloLives on Aug 29, 2016, 11:07:48 AM
If ,as a solo player, will end up buying maps from Zana , than this expansion will be of no benefit for me. As it is now, I prefer to level Zana and buy maps i like from her, than farming some bad layouts in the hope some maps drop. I tried and even if some maps drops, the frustration in backtracking is not compensated by drops.

My hopes with this expansion would be a fast and large variety of maps until T10 or so with a more controlled progression forward. I honestly prefer to have tiers of maps that I know that I cannot run, than wish to have tiers of maps that I can run.

IMO, the burnout period for average player is the same. It's up to you where do you want that period to end.
"
"
Demonoz wrote:
"
cutt wrote:
So essentially AoW will have the same map drop system as 2.3, but instead of tier 1,2,3,4 you will be getting tier 2,3,4,5. Wow, I was so excited for this expansion but this announcement 4 days before release completely killed any hype I had for it.

This expansion was your chance to make the end-game more accessible and not be hidden by crazy amounts of RNG and currency spending to roll higher tier maps and you did nothing to address that. I've officially lost any interest in AoW. Gonna buy Legion instead, at least there devs care about accessibility of their content.

I think you need and others need to go back and reread what chris wrote again.. Slowly..
He saying they are adjusting the system so we WONT see the same map starvation we have had in the past so everyone who is completing maps will be able to climb the tiers and wont see that usual wall at around T9-11.

Thats why they are not even going with the 33% penalty compared to now from the start like they planned to offset this bonus we will be getting and instead making sure the bonus will insure that once you get to that normal starving point in map progression if you have been completing maps and getting the bonus you will continue to build a map pool. They are trying to give us access to the higher maps easier so long as we are completing maps which is more than fair.

Yes please, go back and read it again.

You are going to get the same wall at t11-t12 because AoW have the quantity map drops of the live version, where are u getting the wall? in the live version, facepalm.

This is for "solve" the map starvation at lower tiers, damn can u even read the post?.

Let's assume that you are actually mapping at your supposed wall doing a t11 map and that it is your highest map. You are killing a blue pack and the game decides it wants to drop a t11. Now without the map upgrade bonus you didn't make progress cause you are still stuck at t11 but with the bonus the game bow upgrades the drop to a t12 and you can run that t12 and have the chance at a t13 or 14.
You can formulate that scenario for every tier except 16, hence the bonus let's you progress through the map tiers alot faster at every tier. It won't just shift the wall by 1 to 2 tiers. It will also help you sustain the tier that you are at because every drop that was 1 tier below you will now be a drop of the tier you are at.
I know that the 100% map drop bonus would also do the things i outlined but you seem to be implying that the new bonus won't help with map sustain or progression at all which is ridiculous.
"
Chris wrote:
TL;DR:
Old Atlas Bonus: 1% cumulative bonus to map drop rate per map completed (up to 123~125%). Overall map drops reduced by 33% to compensate at lower levels.

New Atlas Bonus: 1% chance for a map drop to upgrade by a tier per map completed (up to 123~125%). Higher than 100% means it can go up a second tier. Capped at maximum level that could drop from that monster (same as before). There is no reduction to map drop rates.

It really seems to me that there should be a hybrid system that increases tier at max 100 and quanity 50 with no initial drop penalty since the top end is only +%50
It itches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"
Dr_Green wrote:

Let's assume that you are actually mapping at your supposed wall doing a t11 map and that it is your highest map. You are killing a blue pack and the game decides it wants to drop a t11. Now without the map upgrade bonus you didn't make progress cause you are still stuck at t11 but with the bonus the game bow upgrades the drop to a t12 and you can run that t12 and have the chance at a t13 or 14.
You can formulate that scenario for every tier except 16, hence the bonus let's you progress through the map tiers alot faster at every tier. It won't just shift the wall by 1 to 2 tiers. It will also help you sustain the tier that you are at because every drop that was 1 tier below you will now be a drop of the tier you are at.
I know that the 100% map drop bonus would also do the things i outlined but you seem to be implying that the new bonus won't help with map sustain or progression at all which is ridiculous.

The problem is when the blue pack decides to drop a +1 or a rare does the same, there's ZERO impact. If a white mob decides to drop a same tier map, there's zero impact. When a boss drops a +2, zero impact. Yeah, those other drops are great, but in the end you'll hit your wall a little less than a tier higher. The really good feeling of "wow I got that because I completed my Atlas" won't be there.

I'd much rather they dumped the mob cap of +0, +1 and +2 for whites, rares/magics, and bosses. Then when the boss drops a +2 and it gets upgraded to +3 you KNOW how you got that map. When a normal mob drops a +1, a magic/rare mob drops a +2, all of this will give you a sence of satisfaction from completing bits of your Atlas. I feel like this is a vital piece missing from their current plan.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on Aug 29, 2016, 1:11:14 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
GGG, we still need a reliable guaranteed way to make maps harder while increasing their rewards.
Zana should be able to master craft hard affixes for quantity or pack size bonuses using chaos orbs.

Vaal orbs in many cases do nothing or brick the map in a way that your build can not do. Sextants are good first step but we need better more robust options.

So far, risky maps have very little gains over far riskier ones due to how totally rng quant/pack size are in determining what maps drop and the rest of the time you've burned out your vaal orb reserves on duds.

"
This has the potential to be really good. Since we got the whole white-yellow-red map tier system, I've always felt a bit bad whenever I actually ran my red maps knowing that it was very likely to brick on the payout. Things got worse recently when the experience penalties were increased but the drop rate for red maps stayed as it was (as far as anyone knows).

Hopefully red maps won't feel like unicorns anymore...

--

In any case, what I hope is coming, and it was touched on the latest podcast with Lifting and Ziggy, is an overhaul to the map mods themselves. Despite them being redone somewhat recently, it's still not quite right -- the system still doesn't incentivize running hard maps nor does it pay out for doing so.

Rolling maps is a simple matter of rolling for pack size mods that aren't much of a problem for your build. Mods that make a map extra rippy -- hexproof, extra damage, extra damage as [element], more crits, etc. -- don't really do much in terms of IIQ and provide no pack size. You roll maps more for your build's ability to function in that map as opposed to weighing real risk vs. reward.

I like Ziggy's idea of having synergistic map mods cause exponential rewards. So, rolling both extra elemental damage and lower max resists would stack and provide a significant bonus. I also liked PT's idea that all map mods provide some small amount of pack size in order to make you want to run the hardest god damned maps you could. Maps with extra damage could also provide a little extra experience.

But, hey, the patch notes are coming in a couple days, so I guess we'll have to see what all has been done.

+1
IGN PPPPanddddaPPPPanicccc

still waiting for that 'Chris Wilson-director's cut' version

oh wait, I finally got it. Thanks team!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info