Claws need some better treatment..

Dont u guys think it would be nice to have a few claw skills ? could be both ranged or melee... also the claw nods on the tree are not particularly good... i mean first of all there are not so much claw clusters and they are also not good enough.. like " 25% chance to steal charges " what the hell is that good for.. :/
Last edited by tr1gg3r3d on Aug 27, 2016, 4:38:12 PM
Last bumped on Aug 28, 2016, 3:49:56 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I see that you chose to mention only one claw notable, if they have one bad notable every node is bad, right? Claws are leeching weapons, and they have good crit too. I would talk about how and if the leeching is balanced by lower base damage, but anything I say it's useless, because of Melee. It's stupid to compare one melee to another when you can compare them with ranged abilities and every other comparison is meaningless when compared with those.
Last edited by Aerinx on Aug 27, 2016, 5:20:03 PM
I would prefer it if the node said "10% chance to generate a random charge" which would augment attack speed focused builds.

But yes, obviously when it comes to skill gems claws get jack shit except reave.

Then there's dual wielding claws, which is interesting in it's own way because of the huge amounts of leech.
But dual strike + melee splash + multistrike says hello to that lovely mass less%multiplier.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I would prefer people stop misaiming the issue. There ARE good skills that claws can use. The ISSUE is that CLAWS are, right now...BAD. They're outclassed in every way, and you've no actual reason to use them. A SKILL won't fix an ITEM.

Ask for Claws to stop sucking. Life on Hit? Who uses that over Leech? Crit? Oh wait...Daggers have that, and don't suck.

It's the item. Stop asking for new skills, you are most certainly NOT the first.

- Sheepster
"
Boem wrote:
I would prefer it if the node said "10% chance to generate a random charge" which would augment attack speed focused builds.

But yes, obviously when it comes to skill gems claws get jack shit except reave.

Then there's dual wielding claws, which is interesting in it's own way because of the huge amounts of leech.
But dual strike + melee splash + multistrike says hello to that lovely mass less%multiplier.

Peace,

-Boem-

The leech implicit on claws is local. So the leech doesn't really stack. You just have main hand and offhand leech values.

It used to stack. But now there's no incentive to dual wield them anymore. :'(
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Well i don't see how adding viable claw skils wouldn't help. it certainly would. it would at least give a reason to think about building around claws. right now there are basically two skills that can come in mind... dual strike and reave. and both are pretty boring by now.

i think there should be definitely at least 1-2 claw focused skills, but thats only one part of the problem.

i agree with nssheepster that the item will still suck no matter the new skills, so it should be buffed too. judgeing by the physical appearance of claws they could be used to block pretty well, especially if they are dual wielded.

so why not just design a few % Crit, %phys + % dual wield block clusters?
the block could be some decent value, so it'd give a good shot at building high dps, high block claw builds
I also think adding some fun claw skills would be beneficial. Which are the skills used with claws? - Reave & dualstrike? They both feel clunky, imo

Ironically Lacerate would be the perfectly named skill for claws, but it doesnt work with them, DOH!

I looted this beauty back in Rampage (hybrid craft <3)

haven't really played much with it...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Aug 27, 2016, 5:51:30 PM
the main problem here that this amount of leech on the claws are pretty much a waste of stats... i mean your single target leech is capped anyway, so there is no real reason to have this much % of leech.

basically if u go claw, you get leech from the implicits, the passives,blood rage, but 75% of those stats are wasted because of the leech cap... thats the big issue here. where as on swords you have % crit multi, daggers have % crit chance, passives crits, attack speed, etc...

no wonder claws won't compete when the whole mechanic behind them is stupid.

Last edited by tr1gg3r3d on Aug 27, 2016, 5:57:35 PM
"
morbo wrote:

Ironically Lacerate would be the perfectly named skill for claws, but it doesnt work with them, DOH!

I laughed and cried a little when i found this out. Twas a sad day.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Claws are high attack speed weapons and suitable for elemental builds, that's why some of them have life on hit instead of leech, on faster bases by no coincidence. Leech implicit is usually wasted but can still be useful on VP builds and 40% increased crit that daggers have isn't really such a big deal anyway.

Claws share their skillset with daggers so we can't say they're especially crappy in that regard.

However, when I was tallying weapon passives at some point it turned out that claws have really low crit multi total on tree, they have as much crit chance as swords, however crit multi amount is lower and daggers are the best by far in both chance and multi.

It's more of a sum of little things that make claws unpopular. What I'd do as a quick fix is remove those int/mana rolls from them, it's kinda funny there are fewer good claws available even though daggers are full hybrid weapons. They could also get an amount of crit bonuses on tree at least comparable to daggers.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 27, 2016, 6:41:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info