Claws need some better treatment..

As a quick fix i would give them melee leech instead of melee physical leech.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Claws desperately need some love in this game.

Let's compare 2 uniques: Rive unique claw which is awful and has a level 70 requirement, vs. Reach of the Council with level 64 requirement.

???

Also I find it fascinating how GGG keeps trying to force Bleed onto melee players - even fucking Bloodplay (level 15) and Goredrill (level 5) uniques have bleed. Why don't you just rework Puncture instead and allow melee damage modifiers to apply to Puncture's DOT damage?

"
tr1gg3r3d wrote:
the main problem here that this amount of leech on the claws are pretty much a waste of stats... i mean your single target leech is capped anyway, so there is no real reason to have this much % of leech.

basically if u go claw, you get leech from the implicits, the passives,blood rage, but 75% of those stats are wasted because of the leech cap... thats the big issue here. where as on swords you have % crit multi, daggers have % crit chance, passives crits, attack speed, etc...

no wonder claws won't compete when the whole mechanic behind them is stupid.

Truth. Claws are just useless, need a different implicit like chance to generate charges or something because current mods are just laughable.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Aug 28, 2016, 4:44:40 AM
yes please buff claws' nodes
:)
yes plz
Spoiler
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Claws desperately need some love in this game.

Let's compare 2 uniques: Rive unique claw which is awful and has a level 70 requirement, vs. Reach of the Council with level 64 requirement.

???

Also I find it fascinating how GGG keeps trying to force Bleed onto melee players - even fucking Bloodplay (level 15) and Goredrill (level 5) uniques have bleed. Why don't you just rework Puncture instead and allow melee damage modifiers to apply to Puncture's DOT damage?

"
tr1gg3r3d wrote:
the main problem here that this amount of leech on the claws are pretty much a waste of stats... i mean your single target leech is capped anyway, so there is no real reason to have this much % of leech.

basically if u go claw, you get leech from the implicits, the passives,blood rage, but 75% of those stats are wasted because of the leech cap... thats the big issue here. where as on swords you have % crit multi, daggers have % crit chance, passives crits, attack speed, etc...

no wonder claws won't compete when the whole mechanic behind them is stupid.

Truth. Claws are just useless, need a different implicit like chance to generate charges or something because current mods are just laughable.

Eh, lol. Even disfavour is kinda weaker than RotC.

But yes, claws are weak, because of a multitude of reasons, like poor passives, no special skills, redundant implicit, etc.

Sure, claws are viable. But there isn't much of a reason to use them over swords or daggers.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Claws get love? I don't think GGG knows how to do that. So far the only useful claws are really really good rares and the bloodseeker (at times) personally I love the bloodseeker claw. Wait i forgot the rive claw...no wait...I do not know why I need to bleed enemies

lacerate? nope. seems like a claw skill, looked like a claw skill, but nope sword and axe only. (it was a very sad day) well there is always reave and dual strike...there is always reave and dual strike.

Still failing to solve "The Riddle of Melee" 4.0 HYPE!!!
SILLY BITCH...THE EAGLES ARE COMING!!!
THE EAGLES!!! (bleeds out from a wound to the gut)
the eagles...are...coming...(coughs)...the eagles...
^Best claw in the game is obviously cybils paw tbh.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info