What exactly is the point of shaper's orbs?

"
Phrazz wrote:
I feel discriminated. You corrected MY mistake, as you are right, shaping a T11 is impossible, as there are no T16 maps. But you did NOT correct Xavderions mistake. You cannot shape a T6 into a T10, can you? Racism, seriously.

But on a serious not: Thanks for clearing that up.

You're right, I did notice his mistake, but since I was replying to both of your posts at once I forgot about it. My bad. :)
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
If only they distributed maps in a bell curve with fewer T1/T2s and T15/T16s and more T7/T8/T9/T10s...

I think the tier changes go towards that (or so reddit speculates). But what I saw means that they need to go in that direction further in the future.

From what I've understood shaping maps won't increase the chances of getting a particular tier of map. Apparently this goes so far that if the game decides a tier 7 map should drop but you don't have any tier 7 maps unlocked (possibly by purchasing a high tier map from another player), the drop fails and you get no map. Shaping seems to exist mostly to increase the variety of maps at higher tiers.
"
databeaver wrote:
Apparently this goes so far that if the game decides a tier 7 map should drop but you don't have any tier 7 maps unlocked (possibly by purchasing a high tier map from another player), the drop fails and you get no map.

[citation needed]

I don't recall reading anything about how this will work out, personally. Really curious now :)
"
Vipermagi wrote:
[citation needed]

I don't recall reading anything about how this will work out, personally. Really curious now :)

It was based on this post but it looks like other posters have disputed the veracity of the claim. I couldn't find the relevant information in ZiggyD's atlas videos as the poster claimed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info