Just Realized Earthquake CoMK Storm Call just feels so right.

Was just messing around with the combo with my old EQ Champion from Perandus. To me it just seems like an amazing combo thematically. Would it be end game viable and how? I haven't looked in to CoMK builds at all.

Might work with the new Bonerattler or something...
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last bumped on Aug 28, 2016, 7:28:06 AM
CoMK isn't really endgame viable, since you need to kill bosses, and CoMK sucks against most bosses. Unless you had a separate single-target skill (spell or melee) and just used CoMK for clearing.

Does seem like a pretty cool combo though in terms of the timing of the skills. The support gem synergy is really nice too.
I guess you did EQ - CoMK - Storm Call - Less Duration - Conc Effect/Inc AoE - Lightning penetration?

With bone rattler maybe swap out conc effect for Phys to lightning.

Doryani's fist would be ideal, but sadly it won't work with Earthquake :(
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
CoMK isn't really endgame viable, since you need to kill bosses, and CoMK sucks against most bosses. Unless you had a separate single-target skill (spell or melee) and just used CoMK for clearing.

Does seem like a pretty cool combo though in terms of the timing of the skills. The support gem synergy is really nice too.
I guess you did EQ - CoMK - Storm Call - Less Duration - Conc Effect/Inc AoE - Lightning penetration?

With bone rattler maybe swap out conc effect for Phys to lightning.

Doryani's fist would be ideal, but sadly it won't work with Earthquake :(

We will have to see what new boss adds look like. From Ziggy's video, having adds to kill for CoMK trigger might not be an issue. That or if writhing jar can fit the bill.

If I were to pull it off, I figured it would be a non atziri farmer for sure. Possibly no izaro farming as well.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
COMK is plenty endgame viable. Its just as broken as COC but you actually have to have the gear for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN57Se4yz2g

Edit - Actually im not sure if people pathfind it still, they might be using assassins or something else now. Probably assassin.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Aug 27, 2016, 4:06:56 AM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
COMK is plenty endgame viable. Its just as broken as COC but you actually have to have the gear for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN57Se4yz2g

Edit - Actually im not sure if people pathfind it still, they might be using assassins or something else now. Probably assassin.

I know about Harvest builds and that sort of thing with CoMK, but general 2hers with CoMK I hadn't seen be popular forever and last I ever saw it being a fotm at all was when who was it -Raiz I think played dual prismatic blade ice nova cyclone.

Anyway, Brainrattler still seems like a good idea, moreso with Slayer duelist ascendency for a lot of Radius bonus.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
You can do it without writhing if you got some backup way to kill bosses. I recommend using a 2H weapon if you do an honest CoMK build, that way you can have a strong single target in addition to your trigger setup, with that and a totem most bosses won't be a problem.

The biggest issue with CoMK is that it feels a bit pointless, last time I used the all physical 'spike sandwich' combo with ground slam and bladefall and the clear speed was about the same when switching out CoMK for dps-optimized supports.

Using a duration melee skill like EQ is a good idea because it opens up a universal support in less duration just as full elemental conversion enables the elemental focus option. That's the second issue with CoMK, not enough universal supports so you lose too much dps on your attacks and spells, if controlled destruction was 'hit damage' instead of spell damage it would be a great option for every skill combination.

If you don't use a 2h weapon, a skill that does focused damage on one target is good because it starts the CoMK chain faster and does better with bosses, good options are lacerate and static strike. Unfortunately, melee splash is another socket lost so it's a no go, maybe if you use a Slayer.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 27, 2016, 4:25:43 AM
cast on melee kill is fun and it can be very effective. i think you can make EQ/storm call work out really great.
there may be more ideal options, like just being a full out damage EQ build, but where is the originality in that?
I'm still planning on starting essence league with a classic summoner with femurs of the saints so I can play with the new bone helmet implicit since it should be pretty cheap to start out with and tanky enough for my needs. Depending on the popularity of bonerattler (if it gets a little buff in general since most people seem to think it isn't worth using) I'll probably try messing around with this.

Everybody seems to have the same notion that I said that comk seems a bit irrelevant. If dried lake was any indication Earthquake is just too much of a heavy hitter that adding in the CoMK and SC was just flashy, not useful.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Not into COMK cuz my pc sucks, but For brain rattler it's better with phyiscal skills cuz with phys to lit you can have 100% conversion and scale both hits with lightning/physical dmg modifiers instead of only half of your melee hit when you got lightning dmg modifiers. Also the physical skills have higher base dmg per cast than Storm call.

Cyclone - Phys to lit - COMK - Blade vortex - Bladefall - ICS(If inquisitor)/LitPen(if not inquisitor)

Suggest cyclone to proc COMK cuz it's more mobile, has instant hits when you pop wirthin jar and gets you stun immunity

I can see it working fairly well on pathfinder and then inquisitor to a lesser exent;

but eh...i think when it comes down to COMK, harvest will still better.
Last edited by SIQI on Aug 27, 2016, 12:32:22 PM
"
SIQI wrote:
Not into COMK cuz my pc sucks, but For brain rattler it's better with phyiscal skills cuz with phys to lit you can have 100% conversion and scale both hits with lightning/physical dmg modifiers instead of only half of your melee hit when you got lightning dmg modifiers. Also the physical skills have higher base dmg per cast than Storm call.

Cyclone - Phys to lit - COMK - Blade vortex - Bladefall - ICS(If inquisitor)/LitPen(if not inquisitor)

Suggest cyclone to proc COMK cuz it's more mobile, has instant hits when you pop wirthin jar and gets you stun immunity

I can see it working fairly well on pathfinder and then inquisitor to a lesser exent;

but eh...i think when it comes down to COMK, harvest will still better.

*Comes into a thread about CoMK EQ+SC, suggests entirely different build. Logic!*

This is what I hate about the current clear speed and meta build designs being leagues faster than an average creative build. Hope the new bosses beat the piss and shit out of meta builds for assuming they can continue to stand still and facetank them just because they have 1million tooltip dps.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info