Entry Fee for leagues.

Maybe your girlfriend is just playing PoE with some other guy.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
Maybe your girlfriend is just playing PoE with some other guy.

:D genuine lol
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Then GGG said Cadiro won't be making the main game.

iirr they said something about "thinking how he could be integrated sooner or later". we still got the cadiro coins, ggg will not delete them.

my lucky guess is that he will replace some of the darkshrines in uber lab.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
please no, but what i'd like too in the future is the possibility to buy private server.

Every league there are streamers doing some chalenge stuffs, so how about the streamer/subs and random guys from chat could donate to the streamer who would the buy a "league" with custom rules(some things disabled or additional difficulty added).

Ofc this cannot be too expensive and i have no idea is it even possible to do in a way that it does not cost GGG too much.

Then there is also that possibility that some jackass would scam money from their viewers and then just run :P

Spoiler
paid 2 week Invasion league, masters/trading/vendors/spells/minions/traps/mines/totems/bows disabled... drool xD
d:-D*
"
PyleWarlord wrote:
please no, but what i'd like too in the future is the possibility to buy private server.

Every league there are streamers doing some chalenge stuffs, so how about the streamer/subs and random guys from chat could donate to the streamer who would the buy a "league" with custom rules(some things disabled or additional difficulty added).

Ofc this cannot be too expensive and i have no idea is it even possible to do in a way that it does not cost GGG too much.

Then there is also that possibility that some jackass would scam money from their viewers and then just run :P

Spoiler
paid 2 week Invasion league, masters/trading/vendors/spells/minions/traps/mines/totems/bows disabled... drool xD

GGG would likely accept points for the league and make a way so you can donate points to the cause, instead of having to give money to someone for it to happen.

The issues with the whole custom league thing still are around, I don't think this was the intent of the OP with this thread so it might be better discussed in its own thread.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Don't get me wrong here; I'm not madly in love with Cadiro myself.

The CCG collectible style
* Entire collectible fits a single design
* Either you have a build-defining collectible or you don't
* Upgrading collectibles is impossible or trivial once acquired
* Potential for hand-crafted balance between different "equipable" options
* Limited options (each must be manually hand-crafted by devs)
* "Itemization" is about understanding synergies between collectibles

The affix-based collectible system
* Collectible is a conglomeration of random modular components, each of which fits a single design
* Options for build-defining mods aren't pigeon-holed
* Balance takes back seat to itemization variety and depth
* Upgrading a build-defining item is a common occurrence due to free affixes, allowing for continual and gradual refinement

The ARPG progression cycle
1. Find monsters
2. Kill them
3. Get levels and gear upgrades
4. Find more difficult monsters
5. Goto 2

Thus, I don't consider unique items to be good design. At all. I'm very much the yellowbug. Now, if one does choose a CCG-style design which forces unique items on the poor unsuspecting playerbase, then either you have the items for your build or you don't, so playing in a Cadiro-free environment is frustrating. It's a mistake to say that Cadiro is immediate gratification and the end of grindy gear progression, because that's scapegoating Cadiro for the binary acquisition model of unique items.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Aug 30, 2016, 12:38:16 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Deliverme wrote:
They should do this, as has been suggested many times, for personalized leagues.

I would be all about that

Give me perma perandus with rotating league mods every few days and am I in

So basically give you the worst league to date with other leagues mixing it up. Nice.

I think you are missing the point - GGG has stated it would not be hard to implement personalized (even permanent personalized) leagues.

That is one I am interested in, and would pay for. There is a vast plethora of other ideas that have been thrown out there.

The point is that, NO I do not think that mandatory paying for new leagues is a good idea. However, paying for opt in customized leagues is amazing.
"
Deliverme wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Deliverme wrote:
They should do this, as has been suggested many times, for personalized leagues.

I would be all about that

So basically give you the worst league to date with other leagues mixing it up. Nice.

I think you are missing the point - GGG has stated it would not be hard to implement personalized (even permanent personalized) leagues.

That is one I am interested in, and would pay for. There is a vast plethora of other ideas that have been thrown out there.

The point is that, NO I do not think that mandatory paying for new leagues is a good idea. However, paying for opt in customized leagues is amazing.

I think permanent personalized leagues would be a DISASTER to start off with. They need to get a baseline first and adjust their pricing, how much resources it takes, ect ect. It would be extremely unwise for them to create very long term custom leagues, without first having a baseline to go off of.

Lets say I want a custom league that doesn't receive any updates, it should be easy right? But then what about skill changes or passive tree changes, what about expansion content, they then need to split up performance related improvements and content related changes, making it even harder to manage. Do I think its impossible for them to do, no, but at the same time having drastically different leagues can be a good or a bad thing and its best if it wasn't something they are stuck with forever, instead of limiting the scope initially and branching out as necessary.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.

[/quote]

The point is that, NO I do not think that mandatory paying for new leagues is a good idea. However, paying for opt in customized leagues is amazing.[/quote]

I think permanent personalized leagues would be a DISASTER to start off with. They need to get a baseline first and adjust their pricing, how much resources it takes, ect ect. It would be extremely unwise for them to create very long term custom leagues, without first having a baseline to go off of.

Lets say I want a custom league that doesn't receive any updates, it should be easy right? But then what about skill changes or passive tree changes, what about expansion content, they then need to split up performance related improvements and content related changes, making it even harder to manage. Do I think its impossible for them to do, no, but at the same time having drastically different leagues can be a good or a bad thing and its best if it wasn't something they are stuck with forever, instead of limiting the scope initially and branching out as necessary.[/quote]

I try my hardest not to think about the consequences of what I want. I am 'Merican. I want what I want when I want it. ;)

Very valid points there - I am merely stating that I would happily pay an entrance fee to have access to customized leagues.

I state permanent as I think many of the customizations would have an adverse impact when the league ends on Standard's economy. Depending on of course how the league is set up.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
So I got my girlfriend into PoE right after Ascendancy hit. She played up to mid-tier maps. Then GGG said Cadiro won't be making the main game. So she immediately quit and never played again.

Which pretty much makes me a Hearthstone player.

Lol, only time Get gud is valid.
#NeverGoing90

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info