Isn't it amazing.

How people are all going,

"yeah perfect atlas lay-out with only red tier maps dropping".

Like GGG is actually going to make it work that way.

As if any map below the red tiers won't automatically become a tier 1 map or simply not drop at all. Not that i'm surprised, but i gotta give credit where credit is due.
A lot of you have a wonderful imagination and a lot riding on a mixture of hope and assumptions.

Peace,

-Boem-

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last bumped on Aug 29, 2016, 3:03:45 PM
Are we talking about Path of Exile or No Man's Sky atm?
And if you close your eyes, does it feel like your exalt almost hit this time~
You can theoretically improve your mapping experience by not running the horrible layout ones. But yeah, I agree with you, far too many people seem to think they'll run a single t12+ maps and then swim in red maps.
Ppl don't uderstand that most things in PoE are not "RNG" based, it's WEIGHT based. Basically every time something happens u roll a 100 sided dice, 1-80 u get t1-t6, 80-95 u get t7-t11, 95-100 u get t12+.
-Forever Casual-
IGN: Zzerk
"
_Zerk_ wrote:
Ppl don't uderstand that most things in PoE are not "RNG" based, it's WEIGHT based. Basically every time something happens u roll a 100 sided dice, 1-80 u get t1-t6, 80-95 u get t7-t11, 95-100 u get t12+.

Yeah but are maps weighted in kilograms or pounds?

Spoiler
yeah... I have way too much time to kill it seems...
"
Namcap wrote:
You can theoretically improve your mapping experience by not running the horrible layout ones. But yeah, I agree with you, far too many people seem to think they'll run a single t12+ maps and then swim in red maps.

Anyone who thinks that must be newbies. The rest of us know that PoE is all about starvation and most good things rng nearly impossible to get. So I doubt the map drops will be any better than we have now. Map drops will only be filtered to the area of the Atlas you are in and I don't think will be any better in either quantity or quality.

Remember GGG's philosophy: starvation = "working as intended"
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:

Anyone who thinks that must be newbies. The rest of us know that PoE is all about starvation and most good things rng nearly impossible to get. So I doubt the map drops will be any better than we have now. Map drops will only be filtered to the area of the Atlas you are in and I don't think will be any better in either quantity or quality.

Remember GGG's philosophy: starvation = "working as intended"

Funny that in the face of all this hoopla of how easy and trivial it will be to get and sustain good maps, Chris said on Reddit 'relax, it's just a game :P'. The implication being that the trend of opening up fun, previously wealth/time gated things is continuing into maps with this expansion.

First Perandus/Prophecy opened up T1 uniques and builds, now high-end mapping may be getting opened up to more people than ever before.

Inb4 "catering to casuals" - "muh hardcore experience" (while chain chaosing their maps) - and "omg they listened to <pick one> the streamers, the whiners, the reddits, the elites, the casuals, the money, the flippers, the scamers"

Full context of Chris

"
I don't like that it sounds like you can "game" the system. Apparently you can just buy your favorite map of each tier from other players and every map that drops in that tier is your favorite map. Except the chance to get a drop of a nearby map.

You do miss out on adding Sextants to nearby maps, but I'm not yet sure if that's a big loss.

"
You'd miss out on the map drop rate bonus from those uncompleted maps.

Also, this is a "game" :P
I don't think anyone is thinking that..

It'll roll Tier first, and then drop whatever you can get in that Tier.. So if you don't haz any unlocked but Red, you wouldn't be swimming in Red Maps, but NO Maps. :P

Peace,

-BoemSheriff-
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Aug 24, 2016, 7:12:57 PM
I will likely just complete as many maps as possible to get that nice drop chance bonus... I want moar of dem lootz
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
Eternallight wrote:
Are we talking about Path of Exile or No Man's Sky atm?

No Man's Sky is a giant steaming turd.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info