Guardians of the Void - Unique Items

Mmmm... Snakepit + Call of the Brotherhood + Star of Wraeclast + Spark Totems... Seemed like a good idea but I doubt Spark totems is in a place where it's able to kill T16 bosses now... :/

I like that ring, though...
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:
I think a lot of people missed the point of this expansion. And the original intention of unique items.

The whole "Make Rares Great Again" joke; the new base items with new implicits; Essence league.

GGG is taking a step away from making unique items BIS. They were never supposed to be BIS. Rare items were always supposed to be the go-to items for players that wanted to min-max characters to the extreme.

Most internally designed unique items have a downside to them. Maybe they have low health, or are missing it entirely. Maybe you sacrifice a slot for some interesting bonus that rares can't give.

That was the point of unique items. Build enabling toys.

Now, I know that hasn't always been the case (looking at you, Reach of the Council with your hilarious 20% slower proj "downside"), but the original intention is clear in a lot of their other uniques. Bones of Ullr was mentioned earlier. Great example - +minions for lack of defense. You can't get +minions on rares. It's a sacrifice.

These items are also a sacrifice. Or are there to provide interesting interactions rares cannot.

So why do I get the feeling everyone is looking at them as if they're a Nerf gun in a firearm store?

I understand most people wanted a big incentive to farm the guardians for phat loot. But remember each guardian has 2 unique items. We've only seen 1. No telling what the power level of the others are. In addition, the guardians are acting like the gates to the REAL loot explosion: The Shaper.

We have no idea what kind of goodies he will provide.

Agree! 100%
Sacrifice is one of the best issue used to take place in PoE.
My beloved Soul Mantle. Take one more totem - get ready for curse.
Tabula rasa - free 6L, no mods.
New ring for example - +1 proj = no resists.

It is also used to be in passives:
Chaos immunity = 1 life.
Instant leech = no regen.

I'll be glad to see new uniques come this way. We are fully tired from useless uniques which have NO unique mods and clone rares. We are tired from imba uniques. (P.s. I LOVE Reach!!!! Dont touch it mates!!!!)
WOW
:O
IGN: HardyHard_FireFly

Big thx GGG for this great game :)
that mace is insane ....... next nerf in december ?

have fun
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
"
xxxcobaltxxx wrote:

have fun

that mace is NOT insane.
Trading still sucks
Last edited by Hynova on Aug 23, 2016, 2:30:30 AM
"
"
xxxcobaltxxx wrote:

have fun

that mace is NOT insane.

nearly 400 dps 1 handed weapon with shock garanty (50% more damage) and free temp chain effect on hit is not insane....???

best joke of the day , i guess.

time to learn game mechanics , dude ..... the tool tip doesn't show everything.

have fun
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
The flavour text on Brain Rattler made me chuckle. Not as much as Dreadarc's, but it's close to an instant favourite.
I GOT THE POWEHHHHHH!

ring is so OP they better not nerf voidheart.

amu is okish

mace is pretty dope if you into 2 handers
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
"
xxxcobaltxxx wrote:
"
"
xxxcobaltxxx wrote:

have fun

that mace is NOT insane.

nearly 400 dps 1 handed weapon with shock garanty (50% more damage) and free temp chain effect on hit is not insane....???

best joke of the day , i guess.

time to learn game mechanics , dude ..... the tool tip doesn't show everything.

have fun

1 handed weapon? shock garanty? (do you even understand the mechanism of shock?) have fun dude
Trading still sucks
sad that ring only for ES characters(cos +1 proj is nothing you need at least 2), they should add some life to it, a little bit, 40-60 maybe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info