PirateBay has virus advertisement

Even with adblock active (which crashed on visiting) and security fairly good, chrome downloaded and installed a virus by visiting piratebay today. Malwarebytes detected my windows firewall infected. But who knows what it missed...

Be careful, i believe the nsa is on the attack after their breech this week.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last bumped on Aug 21, 2016, 4:52:40 PM
"
SkyCore wrote:
Even with adblock active (which crashed on visiting) and security fairly good, chrome downloaded and installed a virus by visiting piratebay today. Malwarebytes detected my windows firewall infected. But who knows what it missed...

Be careful, i believe the nsa is on the attack after their breech this week.

Or someone using some of the tools that were pilfered from them. It's reassuring to know that if you have a hard drive bought in the last 15 years or so, that NSA malware is embedded in the firmware waiting to be activated. Nothing can go wrong with that scheme ....
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
>chrome

found your problem.

I'll leave a hint:
if you can access this fear-inducing site, you can go to piratebay with no problems...

http://dtt6tdtgroj63iud.onion/cat/catficts.php
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Aug 20, 2016, 2:04:04 AM
Noscript or similar on chrome?
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Noscript or similar on chrome?

Chrome doesnt have the functionality needed to whitelist scripts. So no addon or extension can do anything other than totally turning off all scripts. And far too many sites require scripts.

So no.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:11:32 PM
guy worries about nsa.

uses windows os and piratebay. probably uses utorrent and chrome as well and then proceeds to post it on a forum using an identity attached to an ip address and email.

wow dude.
Last edited by bl00dengel on Aug 20, 2016, 2:03:06 PM
Unless one's behavior is so transparent as to literally get caught by a bot, the NSA has better things to do.

Also LOL at not thinking visiting PirateBay would lead to viruses. Going there is the computer equivalent of having sex with someone who has AIDS; it's only fun as long as your condom works.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Aug 20, 2016, 5:29:12 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Also LOL at not thinking visiting PirateBay would lead to viruses. Going there is the computer equivalent of having sex with someone who has AIDS; it's only fun as long as your condom works.

Of course you are right. Everything iv seen of human society tells me that they cannot peacefully cooperate for long without at least one person violating another.
Seriously?

The primary purpose of that site, and presumably of your visit there, is to violate the intellectual property rights of others. You're already too far on the other side of an ethical line to be playing the victim. You're not an innocent here... more like a thief who's just learned there's no honor among your lot.

Don't get me wrong, I had a kind of Mos Eisley phase in my life, but I never deluded myself about where I was or what I was doing.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Aug 20, 2016, 10:37:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info