PirateBay has virus advertisement

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Seriously?

The primary purpose of that site, and presumably of your visit there, is to violate the intellectual property rights of others. You're already too far on the other side of an ethical line to be playing the victim. You're not an innocent here... more like a thief who's just learned there's no honor among your lot.

Lets talk about the ethics here. In an ethical society, a commodity that can be replicated and transmitted for virtually free SHOULD be virtually free. But instead there are dozens of different levels of middlemen and lenders each making money hand over fist by inflating its price to ridiculous levels. Indeed only pennies on the dollar go towards the actual content creators. So what we pay for is almost entirely 'greed'.

If something is good, it SHOULD be spread to as many people as possible for the maximum benefit to society. But people are so indoctrinated into the culture of business and money that they cannot even comprehend such a thing.

For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Not even going to argue your facts. Just your logic.

Pennies on the dollar, or nothing. The benefit of those who create as primary, or the benefit of those who don't as primary. Bad, or worse than bad.

I know there's a lot of thieves in sheep's clothing in this world - if by sheep's clothing we mean wool suits. I would applaud any undertaking which successfully circumvents middlemen to deliver maximum payment to creators. But that isn't what you're doing; it's the fantasy you've created to cope with what you're doing.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Aug 20, 2016, 11:28:01 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Pennies on the dollar, or nothing. The benefit of those who create as primary, or the benefit of those who don't as primary. Bad, or worse than bad.

I know there's a lot of thieves in sheep's clothing in this world - if by sheep's clothing we mean wool suits. I would applaud any undertaking which successfully circumvents middlemen to deliver maximum payment to creators. But that isn't what you're doing; it's the fantasy you've created to cope with what you're doing.

What Im doing is not depriving anyone of anything. I have not harmed anyone. Your villainization is not justified in this matter. The distribution of resources is absolutely fucked in the USA. Always has been. And it will continue to be so until people step outside the frame of mind set by the capitalist agenda.
The system is weakened when money is generated without out true value being generated to benefit mankind. What we have now is a system that promotes business, competition, and underhanded trickery. What we need is a system that promotes collaboration and generating things useful (and entertaining) to mankind.
Some people see things the way they were taught to. Trained to. Reinforced daily. Force fed. And are totally oblivious to it. You need to break your conditioning and at least attempt to look at things from another perspective.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
SkyCore wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

What Im doing is not depriving anyone of anything.
Again, pennies on the dollar does not equal nothing.

In order to make your argument in good faith, you need to argue that denying creators the small percentage of profits they actually receive is justified in order to simultaneously deny the industry surrounding them. Essentially, you need to say that you know better than creators themselves when it comes to which course of action is in their best interest.

Not going to argue your ideals. If you think some form of communism or whatnot is ideal, whatever. But you should be able to concede what you're actually doing.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Aug 21, 2016, 4:27:58 AM
"
SkyCore wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

What Im doing is not depriving anyone of anything. I have not harmed anyone. Your villainization is not justified in this matter. The distribution of resources is absolutely fucked in the USA. Always has been. And it will continue to be so until people step outside the frame of mind set by the capitalist agenda.
The system is weakened when money is generated without out true value being generated to benefit mankind. What we have now is a system that promotes business, competition, and underhanded trickery. What we need is a system that promotes collaboration and generating things useful (and entertaining) to mankind.
Some people see things the way they were taught to. Trained to. Reinforced daily. Force fed. And are totally oblivious to it. You need to break your conditioning and at least attempt to look at things from another perspective.

If the creators of worthwhile original content are deprived of funds, then the supply of worthwhile content will dry up. While I would say that the non content producing entities skim far too much off the top, and leave too little for those making the actual entertainment, this doesn't justify blatant content theft.

There are a lot of things I would like to get that I won't because I feel they are seriously overpriced. That doesn't mean I feel I deserve them for free.

Whether existing copyright distribution is fair to the creators is certainly debatable. Unfairness in one aspect doesn't mean everyone on the content side should get shafted.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
SkyCore wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

What Im doing is not depriving anyone of anything.
Again, pennies on the dollar does not equal nothing.

In order to make your argument in good faith, you need to argue that denying creators the small percentage of profits they actually receive is justified in order to simultaneity deny the industry surrounding them. Essentially, you need to say that you know better than creators themselves when it comes to which course of action is in their best interest.

Not going to argue your ideals. If you think some form of communism or whatnot is ideal, whatever. But you should be able to concede what you're actually doing.

If the industry burns. The creators will survive, and be better off ( financially and creatively) outside the corporate structure.

Everyone who contributes to the mega media conglomerates is actively supporting business as usual. And nothing will change until we dont.
"
SkyCore wrote:
What Im doing is not depriving anyone of anything. I have not harmed anyone.

What if, in the utopian world of whoever gave you a virus via pirate bay, they don't see giving you a virus as harmful? Would that make it ok? What if they genuinely believed that everyone who runs Windows is contributing to the Microsoft mega conglomerate, and that if they could just make the industry burn, only the true and pure operating systems would remain?
"
SkyCore wrote:
Lets talk about the ethics here. In an ethical society, a commodity that can be replicated and transmitted for virtually free SHOULD be virtually free.

You just want other people's hard work for free. Disgusting attitude.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Seriously?

The primary purpose of that site, and presumably of your visit there, is to violate the intellectual property rights of others. You're already too far on the other side of an ethical line to be playing the victim. You're not an innocent here... more like a thief who's just learned there's no honor among your lot.

Don't get me wrong, I had a kind of Mos Eisley phase in my life, but I never deluded myself about where I was or what I was doing.

while it is true for 99% of pb visitors some share original content there. Not all users are "thief"

About Myself, when i don t use it for educational purpose I also use it to download illegaly.

However i feel no shame doing that when they sell you a game 60-80 euro and you finish it in 3-4 hours.

When a game is good and long enough to worth the money i buy it after "testing" it. Blame the industry for not making demos anymore.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Aug 21, 2016, 7:01:55 AM
Share content? Probably. Original?

I personally believe the minimally ethical thing to do is ensure those who made products you consume (enjoyed or not, long or not) receive financial compensation, unless the product is legitimately offered for free. Delivering compensation doesn't necessarily need to follow conventional channels to satisfy this goal, but the conventional channels are almost always easiest.

I'm seriously not trying to be the ethics police here, though. Just calling 'em as I see 'em.
"
Sa_Re wrote:
"
SkyCore wrote:
Lets talk about the ethics here. In an ethical society, a commodity that can be replicated and transmitted for virtually free SHOULD be virtually free.
You just want other people's hard work for free. Disgusting attitude.
The difference between this and "ethical" communism is the "ethical" communist wants other people's hard work for free, received by someone else. Just sprinkle selflessness on top of it, it's like sugar, makes it go down easier.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Aug 21, 2016, 7:30:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info