Rude players and the lack of report for the local chat

"
Gary_GGG wrote:
"
Vhlad wrote:
Why is this in off topic?

It's pretty on-topic, as far as PoE/GGG is concerned.

Local chat is FULL of some of the most vile commentary you'll ever see precisely because there's no option to report it and GGG doesn't appear to care what people write in there because the same people write the same things for months and months.

What the OP has in the screenshot is nothing. Spend a day in sarn arena and you'll see hate speech against blacks, jews, immigrants, gays, Koreans, the poor, Russians, women, and people with disabilities. You'll see name calling and excessive profanity. You'll be called every imaginable version of male or female genitalia out there. You'll receive death threats.

TLDR: you can be a racist hitler in local chat and say things like immigrants + poor people need to be burned and used as fuel and GGG is apparently completely fine with it.

Email support@grindinggear.com with the screenshot of it, and we'll look into this.

I was assuming that GGG had a copy of our chat history, like the client.txt in /path of exile/logs, and could simply investigate someone.

i.e. a typical entry in client.txt will look like:
2016/08/19 12:18:08 1251201682 346 [INFO Client 92184] username: message

Can GGG act on that sort of information or is a screenshot the only way to appropriately report local chat violations?
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
I never chat in any game. To many people wound way to tight. Some one makes a mistake and the goofs are all over them with insults.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info