Rude players and the lack of report for the local chat

"
Xcava86X wrote:
people acting like jerks for the hell of it.

Believe it or not, you are riding this mainstream at the moment, as well.

If you don't want the issues to get discussed by the rest of the community, then send a PM to any of the devs in charge but don't open a public thread.

[Removed by Support]
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by Alexcc_GGG on Aug 18, 2016, 12:13:57 PM
"
torturo wrote:
If you don't want the issues to get discussed by the rest of the community

I don't see any discussion here, except for one person (two if you count me): everyone has either condoned or given me unsolicited and unnecessary advices.

If you want to discuss the issue I'm all forward for discussing it, however.
/oos
"
Xcava86X wrote:
"
Heli0nix wrote:
Not the moderator's job to work on players education problems. It's the parents one.

Yes and no: moderator's job is, indeed, to moderate. Therefore, if someone misbehaves and they recognise it, that person will be eventually punished.

At any rate, I don't understand why all these replies telling me to ignore or advising me about how I should feel: I'm fairly sure I've never asked any advice or help, merely wished to discuss the matter, and for what I can see most of you are more than okay with people acting like jerks for the hell of it.

I could help you spread the salt saying that's no wonder, then, that people behave like that, since -appears- that the community is in first place uneducated, but it's far from me moving an accusation on, or judging anybody here.

I'm not spreading salt or telling you what to do.
Just saying ignoring method will save you a lot of time and hassles ^^
It's not either encouraging them to act like that ^^ It's about doesn't giving attention and importance they expect at the end ( like wasting time of moderators or pissing you off ).

:)
Hf :)
"
Heli0nix wrote:
"
Xcava86X wrote:
"
Heli0nix wrote:
Not the moderator's job to work on players education problems. It's the parents one.

Yes and no: moderator's job is, indeed, to moderate. Therefore, if someone misbehaves and they recognise it, that person will be eventually punished.

At any rate, I don't understand why all these replies telling me to ignore or advising me about how I should feel: I'm fairly sure I've never asked any advice or help, merely wished to discuss the matter, and for what I can see most of you are more than okay with people acting like jerks for the hell of it.

I could help you spread the salt saying that's no wonder, then, that people behave like that, since -appears- that the community is in first place uneducated, but it's far from me moving an accusation on, or judging anybody here.

I'm not spreading salt or telling you what to do.
Just saying ignoring method will save you a lot of time and hassles ^^
It's not either encouraging them to act like that ^^ It's about doesn't giving attention and importance they expect at the end ( like wasting time of moderators or pissing you off ).

:)

You have my apologise if you interpreted that line as if it was directed (also) at you, as I had appreciated your replies the most among all those posted so far; had I used a better paragraph formatting, or simply avoided bringing myself to the same level of others, you would have interpreted everything as I intended to explain.

Anyway, I agree with you: ignoring is the best thing, in fact I ignored that person straight away after getting back in my map, safe from his loud skill spamming. Also I agree with the rest, except when you say "like wasting time of moderators".
I don't think that a report, even if the moderator who reviews it doesn't take any measure, is a waste of time for them: it's their job, they are paid (also) for this, therefore unless someone spams reports only to pester the moderators and trouble their work, the report isn't a waste of time; at most it could help the staff to understand what kind of things ruin (even partially) the experience of (even few) players, therefore giving them a much clearer vision of the sphere of power in which they operate.

And on the very last sentence I would enjoy hearing the opinion of a moderator.
/oos
Why is this in off topic?

It's pretty on-topic, as far as PoE/GGG is concerned.

Local chat is FULL of some of the most vile commentary you'll ever see precisely because there's no option to report it and GGG doesn't appear to care what people write in there because the same people write the same things for months and months.

What the OP has in the screenshot is nothing. Spend a day in sarn arena and you'll see hate speech against blacks, jews, immigrants, gays, Koreans, the poor, Russians, women, and people with disabilities. You'll see name calling and excessive profanity. You'll be called every imaginable version of male or female genitalia out there. You'll receive death threats.

TLDR: you can be a racist hitler in local chat and say things like immigrants + poor people need to be burned and used as fuel and GGG is apparently completely fine with it.

Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Aug 19, 2016, 1:44:19 AM
Have you talked to your wife's son about this riveting tale.
"
Vhlad wrote:

Local chat is FULL of some of the most vile commentary you'll ever see precisely because there's no option to report it and GGG doesn't appear to care what people write in there because the same people write the same things for months and months.

What the OP has in the screenshot is nothing. Spend a day in sarn arena and you'll see hate speech against blacks, jews, immigrants, gays, Koreans, the poor, Russians, women, and people with disabilities. You'll see name calling and excessive profanity. You'll be called every imaginable version of male or female genitalia out there. You'll receive death threats.

TLDR: you can be a racist hitler in local chat and say things like immigrants + poor people need to be burned and used as fuel and GGG is apparently completely fine with it.

Have you ever tried to screenshot the chat and PM a mod attaching the screenshot? If not, you should try that.
/oos
"
Vhlad wrote:

Email support@grindinggear.com with the screenshot of it, and we'll look into this.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
I like how I made a post about someone harassing me with a screenshot of the things they said and the screenshot got removed by GGG within about 5 minutes of having been posted (because it had "offensive comments" in it), yet this thread has the exact same thing as an original post yet it's remained for over a day.

GGG needs to be more fair towards everyone...
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.
Last edited by FriendlyGamerGuy on Aug 19, 2016, 10:17:33 AM
"
I like how I made a post about someone harassing me with a screenshot of the things they said and the screenshot got removed by GGG within about 5 minutes of having been posted (because it had "offensive comments" in it), yet this thread has the exact same thing as an original post yet it's remained for over a day.

GGG needs to be more fair towards everyone...

Well I don't find the words in my screenshot that harsh, except for the very last one that person wrote, perhaps. It's more about the tone, the attitude, the general lack of good manners or even the simple respect for the others that bothered me about him. I'm fairly sure he got a warn at best, 'm aware that his behaviour wouldn't probably qualify for a straight ban, but you know: if the reports on a user adds up, moderators end up taking measures, eventually. That's how I know moderation works, and how I expect GGG to act, hence my report sent as a "hey this user is misbehaving with me, you might wanna know" and why my screenshot is still up (even took the care of censoring the names because of no "naming and shaming").

If I make a wild guess regarding the content you posted: it was probably offensive, and should have been sent at the Email address provided by Gary_GGG: support@grindinggear.com or via PM on the forum.

My apologies, I feel like I'm behaving like a mod while I'm not, and that's something that breaks the nettique; just trying to be helpful. So, you shouldn't take my words as an explanation, but if you really want some you should probably write at support@grindinggear.com or PM a mod.
/oos
Last edited by Xcava86X on Aug 19, 2016, 12:06:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info