[2.6] Explosive Arrow Pathfinder W/Videos -HC Endgame Mapping, Grandmasters, T16 Guardian Guides

Could you explain to me why you have taken the Fury Bolts cluster of nodes, if you go straight down besides them through 2 dex nodes you shave off 2 points used.

I can't see that it was for the +20 strength as you go past a +30 strength and don't take it, or the 50% inc. projectile damage as that does nothing for EA, and the accuracy you said in the video was not really an issue but to get one piece of gear with it on if necessary.

Many Thanks
Tz

Wow this has been really active.

"
Could you explain to me why you have taken the Fury Bolts cluster of nodes, if you go straight down besides them through 2 dex nodes you shave off 2 points used.

I can't see that it was for the +20 strength as you go past a +30 strength and don't take it, or the 50% inc. projectile damage as that does nothing for EA, and the accuracy you said in the video was not really an issue but to get one piece of gear with it on if necessary.

Many Thanks
Tz

The projectile damage nodes do affect EA. They're generic projectile damage and not projectile attack damage. they're as good as taking fire damage, and they do double dip. Accuracy from these are actually why accuracy is not a problem for the build, you get it as you travel.

"
Im lvl 54 and playing through cruel with this build.

I currently have the Cast When Damage Taken -> Immortal Call, wondering where you generate the endurance charges so that you can make use of the immortal call.

I don't, you can get a small amount of phys mitigation off the activation without any ECs, it helps with some burst damage from time to time. you don't need them to activate immortal call, they just extend duration.

"
You're doing it wrong ;)
Explosive arrow is a bit different to other skills, you don't just hold down right click and wait till things die.

When you shoot out an AE, there are two scenarios:
1. When it hits a wall. This one's easy, it'll stay there and explode after some duration, around 1 second by default.
2. When it hits an enemy. This is the more complicated part. It'll apply a fuse to the target. If you stop here and don't do anything, the fuse will explode the same way it did on the wall. Bit if you don't stop and shoot another arrow, it'll apply another fuse and RESTART the explosion timer.

In the second scenario, the fuses will only explode if you stop shooting.
You can apply a maximum of 5 fuses, anything after that will just restart the explosion timer.

And the reason you use Less Duration Support, is to reduce the time you have to wait for the arrow to explode.

TL;DR: Gameplay is: fire 5 arrows, STOP, fire another 5 arrows.

PS: OP should add a section explaining how EA works ;)

yeah pretty much that, although on the gmp set up if you're at decent damage, you don't need to stack to 5. for bosses stack to 5 though.
I'll get right on that in a bit later. Thanks for answering.

Sorry for the lack of inactivity, I tried rerolling, and ripped to the bad exception error in the middle of a trial. I'll be making it later though. Has anyone taken on breach lords yet with the build? I was hoping to get on those early if not for my bad luck, I imagine the build is good on them when you're properly geared.
"
dingis wrote:
Wow this has been really active.

"

Many Thanks
Tz

The projectile damage nodes do affect EA. They're generic projectile damage and not projectile attack damage. they're as good as taking fire damage, and they do double dip. Accuracy from these are actually why accuracy is not a problem for the build, you get it as you travel.

"
Im lvl 54 and playing through cruel with this build.

I currently have the Cast When Damage Taken -> Immortal Call, wondering where you generate the endurance charges so that you can make use of the immortal call.

I don't, you can get a small amount of phys mitigation off the activation without any ECs, it helps with some burst damage from time to time. you don't need them to activate immortal call, they just extend duration.

"
You're doing it wrong ;)
Explosive arrow is a bit different to other skills, you don't just hold down right click and wait till things die.

When you shoot out an AE, there are two scenarios:
1. When it hits a wall. This one's easy, it'll stay there and explode after some duration, around 1 second by default.
2. When it hits an enemy. This is the more complicated part. It'll apply a fuse to the target. If you stop here and don't do anything, the fuse will explode the same way it did on the wall. Bit if you don't stop and shoot another arrow, it'll apply another fuse and RESTART the explosion timer.

In the second scenario, the fuses will only explode if you stop shooting.
You can apply a maximum of 5 fuses, anything after that will just restart the explosion timer.

And the reason you use Less Duration Support, is to reduce the time you have to wait for the arrow to explode.

TL;DR: Gameplay is: fire 5 arrows, STOP, fire another 5 arrows.

PS: OP should add a section explaining how EA works ;)

yeah pretty much that, although on the gmp set up if you're at decent damage, you don't need to stack to 5. for bosses stack to 5 though.
I'll get right on that in a bit later. Thanks for answering.

Sorry for the lack of inactivity, I tried rerolling, and ripped to the bad exception error in the middle of a trial. I'll be making it later though. Has anyone taken on breach lords yet with the build? I was hoping to get on those early if not for my bad luck, I imagine the build is good on them when you're properly geared.

Yeah I don't like hardcore for that :) Rolling strong in softcore. Though I've gotta say this build is the most tanky I've played so far. Real low number of /deaths :)

For breachlords, I've only done Esh so far, he didn't stand a chance. CUrrently unsure if they're worth farming for profit.
"
Yeah I don't like hardcore for that :) Rolling strong in softcore. Though I've gotta say this build is the most tanky I've played so far. Real low number of /deaths :)

For breachlords, I've only done Esh so far, he didn't stand a chance. CUrrently unsure if they're worth farming for profit.

Eh I'm used to it, it's just that this has been a bad start to the league for me. This build normally gets me to 90 pretty quick and I like its tankiness.

one thing I thought was interesting was that you can buy emperor of purity for 4c each on bhc, which is a 28c 6 link, that seemed pretty cheap for a 6link that you can roll with life or essence of horror to give it 15% phys as cold essence. It's also easy to roll 2g2r2b for single target.
how necessary is rumi's post nerf? Like, is it a first buy unique after QR/Rearguard?
S4TNLF
Guys, found wjat I believe to be the BiS helmet for this. Devil's Devotion Nightmare Bascinet.
10% reduced phys damage
50ish Dex
15%ish attack speed
150% Inc armor and even
15% chaos res
20% move speed

Last edited by Quinnjamin2113 on Dec 13, 2016, 7:07:43 PM
I'm want to try out this build, but I'm pretty confused about something. In the OP, it says that the only things changed in 2.5 about this were the Rumi's block chance and Decoy totem nerf. However, don't the changes to the Pathfinder's Master Surgeon affect flask generation, especially in single target situations?

"
- The Harvest and Master Surgeon now follow this rule. Instead of giving a charge to each of your flasks, they will only grant it to one.

- A character can now only receive one flask charge per Critical Strike every 200ms. This is shared across all flasks.

I would think this would make having a reasonable uptime on most flasks pretty difficult (or near impossible in the case of something like Vinktar).

With this change it'd mean you can only gain 5 flask charges per second, spread across all flasks. This would mean with a 20% chance to gain it on a specific flask (1 of 5 flasks) you would need an average of 1 second to gain back a single charge on a specific flask. And this is assuming you actually crit 5 times in a single second, and at the proper intervals as well.

Isn't this pretty abysmal in terms of charge generation and thus uptime on important flasks like Dying Sun, Rumi's, etc?
"
Guys, found wjat I believe to be the BiS helmet for this. Devil's Devotion Nightmare Bascinet.
10% reduced phys damage
50ish Dex
15%ish attack speed
150% Inc armor and even
15% chaos res
20% move speed

Devoto's Devotion (not Devil's Devotion) is indeed really good for EA builds like this one. HOWEVER, it has one major drawback; no life! You lose a ton of life by sacrificing your helmet slot. In return though, you get a great boost to clear speed, with every stat being at least somewhat valuable. It's a tradeoff, but if you find one it might be worth while.

"
malarix1222 wrote:
I'm want to try out this build, but I'm pretty confused about something. In the OP, it says that the only things changed in 2.5 about this were the Rumi's block chance and Decoy totem nerf. However, don't the changes to the Pathfinder's Master Surgeon affect flask generation, especially in single target situations?

"
- The Harvest and Master Surgeon now follow this rule. Instead of giving a charge to each of your flasks, they will only grant it to one.

- A character can now only receive one flask charge per Critical Strike every 200ms. This is shared across all flasks.

I would think this would make having a reasonable uptime on most flasks pretty difficult (or near impossible in the case of something like Vinktar).

With this change it'd mean you can only gain 5 flask charges per second, spread across all flasks. This would mean with a 20% chance to gain it on a specific flask (1 of 5 flasks) you would need an average of 1 second to gain back a single charge on a specific flask. And this is assuming you actually crit 5 times in a single second, and at the proper intervals as well.

Isn't this pretty abysmal in terms of charge generation and thus uptime on important flasks like Dying Sun, Rumi's, etc?

You don't crit very often at all with this build. Mostly the only reason Master Surgeon is the best fourth ascendancy is because Veteran Bowyer fucks with EE and Master Herbalist is pretty worthless for us, whereas at least Master Surgeon gives us flask life recovery, anti-bleed on all flask, and, yes, charge recovery, as meager as it is. It's something, and it's better than any other possible ascendancy for Pathfinder EA.
Last edited by inoka on Dec 11, 2016, 2:04:21 AM
"
inoka wrote:
"
10% reduced phys damage
50ish Dex
15%ish attack speed
150% Inc armor and even
15% chaos res
20% move speed

Devoto's Devotion (not Devil's Devotion) is indeed really good for EA builds like this one. HOWEVER, it has one major drawback; no life! You lose a ton of life by sacrificing your helmet slot. In return though, you get a great boost to clear speed, with every stat being at least somewhat valuable. It's a tradeoff, but if you find one it might be worth while.

"
malarix1222 wrote:

"

You don't crit very often at all with this build. Mostly the only reason Master Surgeon is the best fourth ascendancy is because Veteran Bowyer fucks with EE and Master Herbalist is pretty worthless for us, whereas at least Master Surgeon gives us flask life recovery, anti-bleed on all flask, and, yes, charge recovery, as meager as it is. It's something, and it's better than any other possible ascendancy for Pathfinder EA.

so uh, when should I start going for quality % in gems, is it a significant dps boost? if so which ones would be first. Maybe I should get flasks and jewels first? I'm only level 68.
"
samcftw wrote:

so uh, when should I start going for quality % in gems, is it a significant dps boost? if so which ones would be first. Maybe I should get flasks and jewels first? I'm only level 68.

If you can afford it, buy Q20 ones when you start using them at low level. If you can't afford, just try to get the important ones, rest you'll quality yourself.

This league what I did was get 2x Q20 Explosive arrow gems at lvl28, rest of them were non-quality.

The reason for this is I can flip other gems at level 90ish without losing too much DPS, but I can't flip Explosive arrow, since I lose too much DPS that way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info