We're Proud to Announce Our Upcoming Expansion: Atlas of Worlds!

"
Kourbetaras wrote:
New expansion?
I am just used to all games that new expansion has new acts,new quests,new classes,new skills...
30 more maps dont make a new expansion for my opinion.
On the other point,i appreciate the effort cause i understand the budget is not big enough for major changes
It's not about 30 new maps. It all about new system how maps will work. Finally.
Last edited by Kastmar on Aug 13, 2016, 1:43:43 PM
If this works the way I think it does. This will be a very interesting change for end game.

In my opinion this will very much change the way we use maps as you now have areas on the atlas that will have themes or similar tile-sets grouped together where you can modify a map to interact similarly to the way jewel sockets work on the skill tree. Getting mods or synergies on a grouping of maps. Think map crafting on a scale that well exceeds the modding that happens now with a alch and a couple of chaos. Creating multiple unique affixes on maps that you like.

and if that that is not all, you can even upgrade a map Zana style by going +5 tiers on it. (new achievement : clear a Tier 21 corrupted 8 mod, anyone?)

New crafting items. I am all for it. I love crafting.

All in all, the announcement has me pretty hyped. Hoping for some bug fixes, some balance changes and maybe one or two new skills.

Thank you GGG and well done, this looks amazing.
PoE is preserving one of it's best features - constantly expanding.

I can clearly see the good stuff which is coming our way with this expansion, anyway I feel a bit sad because it turns out that there will not be a runes yet.
Here I will make a short wish list about my disappointment, and cross fingers for at least partial be shined with luck.

1) PoE definitely need RUNES. :(
2) The cold skills have finally to get a bit of boost.
3) The constant "Let's nerf the clean casters" should stop once for all.
4) More intelligence based orbs.
5) 5th town. ( at least for Christmas please )
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
so hyped, so hyped
"

and if that that is not all, you can even upgrade a map Zana style by going +5 tiers on it. (new achievement : clear a Tier 21 corrupted 8 mod, anyone?)

As I understand it you can't +5 tier any red maps. Making the effective tier cap still 16.
oh sweet, i thought i saw a channeling skill in the preview. Looked like a kamehamea. I hope there's a physical/melee channeling skill too, that'd be cool. Since incinerate got nerfed I hope those skills don't get nerfed either.
I just hope this +5 orb is something we can find/buy of reasonable rarity so this feature can actualy be enjoyable.
Overall more maps,new mapping systrm,sounds good.
We'll have to wait and see how much rng is involved this time..
Plz correct me if I'm wrong, but does that means, that people will upgrade they gorge/plateau/springs to 14/15/16 tier and run them endlessly to max lvl?

Is this serious? That's a "new" endgame lol? And if you can't upgrade red tier maps, whats the point to do them anymore?

What stops me from unlocking gorge, upgrading it +5 tier and run exclusively gorge maps, you can buy from players? This is ridiculous.

What does "complete map" means? Kill boss? Kill majority of monsters?
Does that mean I should redo all shit tier maps to gain access to high tier?

Why you guys describe it so that it leaves more questions than answers.
Bullshit makes the flowers grow
Last edited by Manator on Aug 13, 2016, 5:31:46 PM
"
Manator wrote:
Plz correct me if I'm wrong, but does that means, that people will upgrade they gorge/plateau/springs to 14/15/16 tier and run them endlessly to max lvl?
Is this serious? That's a "new" endgame lol? And if you can't upgrade red tier maps, whats the point to do them anymore?
What stops me from unlocking gorge, upgrading it +5 tier and run exclusively gorge maps, you can buy from players? This is ridiculous.

No, it does not mean that. You can only upgrade white tier maps (1-6) to yellow tier and yellow tier (7-11) to red tier. Which means you can upgrade tier 2 to tier 11, and gorge will be a tier 13 (you can check on the atlas). Mountain ledge is the obvious choice for me (being tier 7).

Edit: Plateau and springs are red tier as well, so they won't work either.
Last edited by Eschor on Aug 13, 2016, 5:31:27 PM
"
Eschor wrote:
"
Manator wrote:

No, it does not mean that. You can only upgrade white tier maps (1-6) to yellow tier and yellow tier (7-11) to red tier. Which means you can upgrade tier 2 to tier 11, and gorge will be a tier 13 (you can check on the atlas). Mountain ledge is the obvious choice for me (being tier 7).

Edit: Plateau and springs are red tier as well, so they won't work either.

Wow, didn't noticed they changed map tiers...So, all old maps will be obsolete?
Bullshit makes the flowers grow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info