San Francisco Fan Meet Up & Patch 2.3.3

"
C1111 wrote:
i5 3317U with intel hd 4000 :(

That's a calculator bro. This is not even a secretary mobile PC. It's a focking calculator :E
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
while a bar provides a good and relaxing surrounding for a meeting, my impression ever was that the main target group of this game is school kids having unlimited time because there is no diminishing returns in this game except the random outcome of mechanics.

why do you exclude that group from the meeting? not complaining, just wondering.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
@vio - seems like we are sharing thoughts ;)

anyway..

Well for the sake of the "feel-like-close-to-the-comunity" - I am accepting the "fan meetups" with the dev staff, but there shall be some sort of "Think-Tank meetups" where the developers can gain access to the stashes of knowledge, visions, and ideas from other developers or high skill players which is just playing the game and wanna expand it / rise it's quality and directly show ideas for free without need to be exposed in public :)
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
"
vio wrote:
while a bar provides a good and relaxing surrounding for a meeting, my impression ever was that the main target group of this game is school kids having unlimited time because there is no diminishing returns in this game except the random outcome of mechanics.

why do you exclude that group from the meeting? not complaining, just wondering.

i think you only got one piece of the target group right there ...

poe has a very mixxed playerbase - not few of them in their 30ies, 40ies or even beyond.
Many of those willing to throw money at a game if they like it and they stay for years.

@meeting in a Bar:
Most likely they would have done the meeting the same way in any other country and did not think that much about that harsh age restriction at all in the first place.

But even in the US there should be bars in combination with a restaurant that allow younger ppl in?
Maybe that´s something they should aim for the next meet up.
cya Deathtiny
level fast, die young and leave a nice looking corpse!
Tinyshideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3260135
Stay safe all, look after each other and have fun.
"
Deathtiny2266 wrote:
"
vio wrote:

i think you only got one piece of the target group right there ...

poe has a very mixxed playerbase - not few of them in their 30ies, 40ies or even beyond.
Many of those willing to throw money at a game if they like it and they stay for years.

@meeting in a Bar:
Most likely they would have done the meeting the same way in any other country and did not think that much about that harsh age restriction at all in the first place.

But even in the US there should be bars in combination with a restaurant that allow younger ppl in?
Maybe that´s something they should aim for the next meet up.

Given the number of meet ups they've done, and the extensive amount of marketing trips they've made to the US. I'm sure they're aware of the age restrictions.

I'd be willing to bet that they want to have fun at a bar and they've nicely announced where they are going to do this so people can go meet them.

I'd also bet that their target demographic is people in the 25-35 age group since those folks have money, something 15 year old don't readily have.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Hey this sounds awesome!!!

Nah jk go fix instance crashes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info