San Francisco Fan Meet Up on Sunday August 7th (PST)

Chris and Jonathan are going to be in San Francisco next week to begin the press-tour for the upcoming 2.4.0 expansion. If you're interested in meeting with two of the founders of Path of Exile, they'll be hosting a fan meet-up on Sunday August 7th at 4pm (PST). If you're in or around the area, you should come on by! You might even get to see one of these.

The meet-up will be held at a bar in the area. If you're interested in attending, email Chris at chris@grindinggear.com. The location details will be sent to you closer to the date. You'll need to be 21 or older to attend (because it's being held in a bar).

Later on today we'll be releasing the 2.3.3 patch that introduces the performance improvements that Jonathan announced last week. Here's a preview of the patch notes that relate to these performance improvements. The full patch notes will be revealed later today.

Frame Optimisation Beta Test
  • This patch introduces an opt-in beta test for the new multithreaded engine features that should significantly improve game performance for most users.
  • Frame rate increases are most significant when there are a lot of entities in the scene. This means situations with large amounts of combat should have much more stable frame rates. Do not expect significant increases in frame rate in non-combat situations.
  • If you are GPU-bound you shouldn't expect significant increases in frame rate.
  • To enable this, you need to add "--experimental-frame-optimizations" to the Path of Exile command line.
  • Please remember that this is a beta test. If you experience crashes or other issues with this feature turned on, we want to hear about it.
  • This feature is expected to be turned on by default in the 2.4.0 expansion release.
Posted by 
on
Grinding Gear Games
:o more mysterious maps
Last edited by nv314961 on Aug 2, 2016, 8:17:20 PM
noice
hype for multithreading!!
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
Like the new art for the map pieces, and cannot wait to beta test the frame optimization.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 2, 2016, 8:00:53 PM
I wish I can go to these meetups.
So they ARE maps.

Maybe finally we get an option to choose the tier and the tileset...
Holy shit, I literally happen to be visiting my sister in San Francisco this weekend. I live in Boston, so I didn't think I'd ever make one of these SF meetups.

I'll make sure to taxi over!
Woot! I'll be there. Not.I wish. GG
███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
those runes tho

Edit: For those of you who want to try the new experimental command line, Henry_GGG posted this on page four:

"
For Steam users:
Go to the Steam Library, right-click Path of Exile and select Properties.
Then click 'Set Launch Options' and enter flag, click Ok and launch the game.

For standalone client users:
Right-click your Path of Exile shortcut and select Properties.
Add the flag to the end of the 'Target' line. It should look something like this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile.exe" --experimental-frame-optimizations
Last edited by Valiren on Aug 3, 2016, 11:39:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info